ImageImage

Really OT: Help deciphering drug references for relative

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

whatthe_buck!?
Banned User
And1: 163

Re: Really OT: Help deciphering drug references for relative 

Post#41 » by whatthe_buck!? » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:26 am

midranger wrote:I think biscuits are large amounts of crack, (see reference to biscotti in OP).

This was my first thought but i had never heard biscotti before so I was afraid to chime in. Highly doubtful that what's being talked about is anything other than crack, especially with ur relative taking about her urges. And trying to pass off what was being talked about as shrooms when that makes little sense based on context seems to me to fit behavior-wise as far as how an addict would react to being confronted. Although a trip on shrooms does last much longer than a crack high, crack users going on binges that last for hours days or entire weekends until the crack is gone is pretty much how they operate, at least from what I know. I also highly doubt the person she is talking to is a dealer, although I realize that probably offers zero comfort. Most likely it's a crack user who just spent all the money they had on crack and is trying to use the crack to entice her into sex.

Now, as far as her admitting to the shrooms, trying to deflect and blunt the concern level of those confronting them by lying while admitting to something bad but much less bad than the truth and therefore minimizing the impact in their own mind of how negatively they are perceived (and still maintaining the all important feeling of being in control of their situation and also maintaining the feeling of having their true secret hidden) is classic addict to me. If the actual drug being discussed was shrooms, why would she tell u that when confronted that shrooms was what was talked about knowing that she could say anything and it couldnt be definitively proven to be a lie? If it had been shrooms she may have said it was weed, oxy she might have said vicodin etc... I am far from any kind of addiction expert however so I hope it doesnt seem like Im trying to give any kind of false impression here.

Also, as others have pointed out, adderol would seem to be a pretty good substitute for a extreme stimulant like crack or meth if one was having urges and had none of the illegal drug. And as I've tried shrooms on a few occasions and also certain stimulants including adderol, as easy as it is for me to imagine the ease that someone could develop dependency and urges for said stimulants it is just as difficult for me to imagine anyone getting urges for shrooms. Good Luck Dan. Do the best u can but don't blame yourself if the relative absolutely refuses assistance.

Edit: I just read over this thread again more carefully and I noticed the post by the narcotics guy and considering his perspective contradicts mine somewhat it made me just want to reiterate that what i said should be taken with a big grain of salt because I know very little about drugs and drug terminology. The only thing I would say is that the meanings of different drug terms seem to me to vary widely from region to region even if some of the words are the same, especially so when used by the users as opposed to the dealers, and a user is what I'm inclined to believe the guy ur relative is talking to happens to be.
Sherman Douglas
Veteran
And1: 1,467

Post#42 » by Sherman Douglas » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:37 am

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:John: I have plenty of adder all but not gonna be around long.

He's got that right.
beyond_the_arc
Starter
And1: 46

Post#43 » by beyond_the_arc » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:22 am

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:So we've confronted her about all of this, and she has insisted that it is most definitely not crack cocaine and that "eat a cookie" was a referencing doing shrooms.

It seems at least 4 of you, if not more, think it's a crack cocaine reference. I don't know too much about shrooms, but the whole "urges" thing does seem more fitting with crack than it does with shrooms.

She's lying to all of you, it is absolutely crack cocaine. I've dealt with a couple of family members and gone to great lengths to steal their drug kits to confront them with the truth to show they could not lie to me and expect to get away with it. I'm sorry Dan, but Shrooms are not referred to as a cookie because of how they are consumed. When you cook the crack cocaine it rises up into the shape of a cookie and is then broken apart. Further, 2 people will often share a single crack rock when smoking it.
Postby SubyWill on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:53 pm

Magic fan checking in, holy **** Harris is legit. Your GM should be fired.

No ****.
Aaron It Out
General Manager
And1: 3,101

Post#44 » by Aaron It Out » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:37 pm

Just to reiterate, I don't believe it's shrooms.

IMO, it doesn't really matter whether or not she's telling the truth. Shrooms are a lot safer than crack cocaine, but a former addict dealing with a drug dealer like that shows she's really not a former addict at all.

I will say that is can be tough confronting an addict. They will feel blindsided and backed in a corner, which will cause them to deny, deny, deny. It could also make her really, irrationally angry.
EastSideBucksFan wrote:At some point this board is going to have to drop their stupid bullsht agendas and just enjoy the team for once.
Viv Savage
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#45 » by Viv Savage » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:14 pm

Obviously I'm new here but have visited RealGM for years as the latest news is typically found on very few outlets, this being one of them. So I clearly don't know any of you but I'm certainly sorry to hear about your relative and, given her history as you described, I applaud you for seeking understanding wherever you can find it. These references she's using are foreign to me but I do agree with some posts that all drug uses will use their own dialogue to discuss drugs so, unfortunately, they really could be referencing just about anything. I did some internet searches and came across a couple of items that may or may not help you decipher your relative's texts/lingo (I specifically am not posting web links due to the fact that they seem awfully touchy about stuff posted here). The first was a reference to her use of the word biscotti; I found a reference from an MTV show from 2010/2011 called The Hard Times of RJ Berger, season 2, episode 15 - The Lock-In where biscotti was laced with "drugs from Afghanistan" (heroin?). Perhaps a long shot but possibly this is where your relative got the biscotti reference and could help you further your sleuthing in trying to figure out their lingo. Lastly, I came across a drug slang dictionary (again, would be happy post a link, but would likely be deleted) which, under "C" for cookies, indeed shows a definition of crack cocaine (just Google drug slang translator and you'll see it at top of the hit list). Good luck to you!!!
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Post#46 » by crkone » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:27 pm

It will be a long journey unless she accepts she has a problem. You guys can't really force her to quit her addictions unless she's ready.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
TheWig
Sixth Man
And1: 593

Post#47 » by TheWig » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:34 pm

Something like this can easily tear a family apart and never recover. I remember watching Dr. Oz one day and he said that addiction never skips a generation. You need to confront her and get her into treatment ASAP before more damage is done.

First of all if I were the older relative I would check if all personal belongings are still there. Addicts tend to steal just so they can get a quick fix. Have that person go through their checkbook so no checks are missing. I totally agree with the person who said never trust an addict.
cameroncrazies2
Senior
And1: 140

Post#48 » by cameroncrazies2 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:39 pm

GAD, local copper here...deal with a lot of heroin usage and it's substitutes and am quite familiar with its addicts...

I'm afraid this female relative of yours is lying to you guys. A "cookie" is a reference to how cocaine is packaged. Sort of how a large quantity of marijuana is referred to as a "brick," the equivalent to cocaine is a cookie. I have never heard mushrooms referred to anything like this.

Taking the texts in their context, eating shrooms' just doesn't make sense. She's a former heroin addict... Heroin is a funny drug...it turns people into absolute animals and when they can't get H, they resume to other things like pills as she referred to with the adderall. Shrooms are a party drug. I have never, nor will I imagine I will ever see heroin coupled with mushrooms. To put it into context, it would be like somebody chasing a rum and coke with a glass of milk. They are completely opposite spectrums of the drug ring.

Typically, those who can't get heroin due to it's availability and price will resort primarily to pills, because they can be cooked down and injected to provide the instant stimulation that heroin gives. Option number three is always crack because it is cheaper. One thing you may want to watch for, signs of crack cocaine use is charring of the fingers, red (sort of chapped, more of a burn) lips and boiling on the tongue as well as blackening around the gums. Fingers become burnt because crack is usually smoked through a glass pipe and when you cook glass it gets really hot, or with a makeshift foil pipe which are small and burning yourself is easy. They're lips gets chapped or burned because of the hot pipe. Boiling of the tongue is from the heat as well.

There's a piece of that conversation where they're taking about doing it once or twice on the weekend and it's more of a short term plan. Cocaine does have addictive properties, but can be used quite casually much like their conversation points to.

One last thing...heroin is a very easy spot. Pock marks form on the face and arms because it makes users feel like they have bugs crawling in their skin. It also is primarily injected (although can be snorted) so the injection marks are always easy to find. Primarily shot up through the arms, keep an eye out for needle marks near the elbow and hand. If she chooses to hide the needle marks, she may also shoot into her foot. If there are any signs of heroin use, you may need to start taking drastic measures. I'm not sure where you or she live, but around Milwaukee, there is a BAD batch of heroin going around right now meaning its properties are very strong. We have seen a recent uptick in overdose deaths lately and if it's injected, it's already too late, there's almost nothing that can be done at that point, it's too strong and will instantly stop the heart.
Garbs_7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,582

Post#49 » by Garbs_7 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:19 am

Scary stuff... All the best Gad, hope it all works out.
Miasma
Rookie
And1: 1,422

Post#50 » by Miasma » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:52 am

If it comes to it, I work in the drug program at Rogers Memorial Hospital if you have questions about admission criteria, insurance, etc.
notoriousTJ11
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#51 » by notoriousTJ11 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:57 pm

As someone who's had to deal with drug problems in their family for the last 3 - 4 years I will wish you good luck.. it's the most stressful stuff you can ever encounter.

In terms of the OP, Adderall and Crack are quite the strange combo for someone to balance with or have a debate about using. Crack gives the user a high sense of energy as does adderall (which is an ampethamine). However, adderall is not really addictive and not really cheap whereas crack is super addictive and super cheap so it's weird that if someone was debating using one drug or another it'd be these two.

I saw cameroncrazies2 post and don't necessarily agree with part of it. The person close to me started out addicted to oxy but moved to heroin because it is so much cheaper and would use things like coke or adderall (like cc2 said) as a pick me up when they needed energy or to be productive. However I would argue that someone who can't afford heroin is looking for pills because heroin is cheaper than any pill you can find out there and most pills (other than suboxone-- which is used for treating heroin withdrawals by hospitals and other institutions or oxy) would feed the heroin addicts opiate craving. Also, heroin use doesn't leave pot marks on ones face or the bug crawling sensation, that's meth (heroin and meth are similar in how addictive they are but drastically different in their affects) as I can tell you from the person I know who has up until recently been addicted (they're in jail now looking at a few years in prison). If there's a drastic loss in weight and the person sleeps a lot those are two definite signs of heroin use.

But anyways good luck

Return to Milwaukee Bucks