ImageImage

Really OT: Help deciphering drug references for relative

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

step3profit
Analyst
And1: 819

Re: Really OT: Help deciphering drug references for relative 

Post#21 » by step3profit » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:25 pm

I don' see any reason to disbelieve it is shrooms. You could get 'the urge' to do something as in, you feel like doing it, not like an unbeatable craving.

Shrooms are also something you need to have a good (bare minimum) 4 hours to do, more like 6 or 8, whereas you could smoke some crack and go home in an hour or two. So it would make more sense that she can't just sneak off for a whole day, than for a couple hours.

As for the adderall, a lot of people who do drugs will do more or less any drug. Something like adderall would be like "welp, we can't do shrooms, but might as well grab a couple adderall for the road" type stuff.

GAD, don't just assume she is lying. She's already busted, and if you bust her, and then she tells you the truth, and you call her a liar anyway.. she will feel like she can't even win when she's telling the truth. Either way it's something to deal with.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,939

Post#22 » by humanrefutation » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:31 pm

What step3profit is saying is plausible, but either way, consorting with a drug dealer is a terrible thing for a recovering drug addict to do.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#23 » by EastSideBucksFan » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:41 pm

step3profit wrote:I don' see any reason to disbelieve it is shrooms. You could get 'the urge' to do something as in, you feel like doing it, not like an unbeatable craving.

Shrooms are also something you need to have a good (bare minimum) 4 hours to do, more like 6 or 8, whereas you could smoke some crack and go home in an hour or two. So it would make more sense that she can't just sneak off for a whole day, than for a couple hours.

As for the adderall, a lot of people who do drugs will do more or less any drug. Something like adderall would be like "welp, we can't do shrooms, but might as well grab a couple adderall for the road" type stuff.

GAD, don't just assume she is lying. She's already busted, and if you bust her, and then she tells you the truth, and you call her a liar anyway.. she will feel like she can't even win when she's telling the truth. Either way it's something to deal with.

Believing an addict is the worst thing you can do.

They will lie, lie, lie until the bitter end and even deny, deny, deny when you have them caught red handed.
step3profit
Analyst
And1: 819

Post#24 » by step3profit » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:43 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:
step3profit wrote:I don' see any reason to disbelieve it is shrooms. You could get 'the urge' to do something as in, you feel like doing it, not like an unbeatable craving.

Believing an addict is the worst thing you can do.

They will lie, lie, lie until the bitter end and even deny, deny, deny when you have them caught red handed.

Well, sure, if you have some particular reason to disbelieve what they say.

What guy does crack once every couple months on a weekend? That's a shroom schedule.
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#25 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:08 pm

Appreciate the info. Thank you.

humanrefutation wrote:What step3profit is saying is plausible, but either way, consorting with a drug dealer is a terrible thing for a recovering drug addict to do.

I totally agree. I guess that is probably the bottom line, as compared to whether it was shrooms or crack
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,370

Post#26 » by trwi7 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:08 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:Believing an addict is the worst thing you can do.

So much this. She can tell you it's shrooms all she wants, don't believe her.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 419

Post#27 » by smauss » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:22 pm

"Kate: U suck I need a release like a week ago!"

This is what is truly a telling sign and really at stake here. I don't care what the vector (drug) is. It's the needing of a release that is the root of the issue. If she leads a quite sedentary life, maybe a structured physical time at the "Y" or something on a weekly basis would definitely benefit her. You know, the whole endorphin thing, can help the feeling of needing a release. Obviously, not the end-all, beat-all but a good start and helpful long-term as well.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,650

Post#28 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:24 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:Believing an addict is the worst thing you can do.

Yup. It's all part of the addiction. Very sad.
Dags
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#29 » by Dags » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:39 pm

Not sure it matters whether cookie is crack or shrooms. For a recovering addict, any drug is bad. Like a recovering alcoholic drinking beers and saying it's fine because it isn't whiskey.
Das ist nümberwang!
kgill_12bucks
Sophomore
And1: 19

Post#30 » by kgill_12bucks » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:41 am

Dags wrote:Not sure it matters whether cookie is crack or shrooms. For a recovering addict, any drug is bad. Like a recovering alcoholic drinking beers and saying it's fine because it isn't whiskey.

Don't do much interacting in here, just alot of reading. Have always respected GAD's post. But having some experience in my past We would use veiled reference like "eat a cookie" for just about anything, so I wouldn't jump to conclusion. They probably have a little inside lingo and she knows what he has and she wants some whether it is acid peyote weed or shroom.....
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,569

Post#31 » by JayMKE » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:24 am

I don't know the lingo but I have to agree about not believing her. An addict will lie and lie and lie to protect their addiction, it really is shocking how far a person will go. Just going off the background you gave us and the convo, I would assume it's something harder than just shrooms.

Whatever it is, I hope it all works out for her and your family Dan.
FREE GIANNIS
gbmb34
Pro Prospect
And1: 75

Post#32 » by gbmb34 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:40 am

Even if she is telling the truth about shrooms, shrooms is still not a good sign.

In my experience, I would absolutely keep 2 eyes on her. As others have mentioned, if you don't you might never get the chance not to.
packerbreakdown.wordpress.com
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,118

Post#33 » by LittleRooster » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:47 am

I don't have much to add here but I just wanted to wish you the best of luck in this. When I was in the drug scene my friends and I would make up codes for everything (tapes=adderall, cd's=shrooms ect) so I'm not entirely sure "cookie" means coke/crack but as others have said, you don't really get urges to do shrooms. However, once every couple months on the weekend is a shroom or acid like schedule.

Also, whatever "cookie" is sounds like a drug that would be best done with another person(s), as in a trip with someone. Perhaps, it refers to ecstasy as that would give her some sort of relief of emotions. I don't know, I'm just guessing here.

I wouldn't just not believe here, but obviously you and the family know her best. What about her eating habits? Does she go for very long periods of time without eating or does she clean randomly (signs of adderall/stimulant use)?
OMPunk
Lead Assistant
And1: 9

Post#34 » by OMPunk » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:21 am

Sorry this isn't my board but I can help somewhat. I'm actually a 'narc' (detective) for a police agency in the southeast. I highly doubt she's doing crack. A cookie of crack cocaine is a pretty large amount of cocaine and if she's dealing with 'cookies' of crack she's prob selling it.

It's more likely she's talking about bath salts, ecstasy, synthetic cannabis and aderall because those are all becoming extremely popular with most users.

If you have any other questions or need any help with street names please pm me.
Random Laker Fan wrote:Glad to have Dwight on my team but dude is a fraud and a clown at the same time. He's like one of those guys that makes up stories to get a reaction from people who he thinks cares.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,950

Post#35 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:25 am

I just learned that "Molly" was MDMA last week and it'd become really popular in the rap community. I have nothing else to offer in this thread, as I'm apparently a decade late on the drug scene.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,989

Post#36 » by midranger » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:27 am

I think biscuits are large amounts of crack, (see reference to biscotti in OP).
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,256

Post#37 » by FlagsFlyForever » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:01 am

My two cents might only be the extinct half penny because I've never done cocaine or known a coke addict. That being said, if this young lady (or the man) thought their phone had a chance to be looked at, it's very likely they just invented their own slang. I would not read too much into the specific choice of "cookie".

Also the man says it might be a few months before he's down to do it again. I don't know if that's what somebody addicted to crack would say. He just could be seeking the social experience. Just my half cent.

The fact that you say she's had a "serious heroin addiction" in the past is extremely worrisome. If she's been caught lying in the past (not just keeping something a secret, but flat out lying to someone's face about her addiction) then there's no reason to think she's telling the truth here. I know how hard it is to deal with an addict. I'm not going to guess at what's going on here because I have no idea, but I really feel your pain and I wish you the best.
Read on Twitter
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,938

Post#38 » by BUCKnation » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:34 am

Cant really add to much to what others have said, other than saying that that guy sounds really shady and gives me a dealer vibe.

Anyways, I have a cousin who has been dealing with an alcohol addiction. You have to keep an eye on them almost at all times b/c when they are in "need" of something they will do whatever they can to get it. His situation is really a turn off for alcohol for me and has really opened my eyes to these kind of situations. You want to trust them b/c they are family but you just cant and that is hard.
Total_Package
Banned User
And1: 49

Post#39 » by Total_Package » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:47 am

kgill_12bucks wrote:
Dags wrote:Not sure it matters whether cookie is crack or shrooms. For a recovering addict, any drug is bad. Like a recovering alcoholic drinking beers and saying it's fine because it isn't whiskey.

Don't do much interacting in here, just alot of reading. Have always respected GAD's post. But having some experience in my past We would use veiled reference like "eat a cookie" for just about anything, so I wouldn't jump to conclusion. They probably have a little inside lingo and she knows what he has and she wants some whether it is acid peyote weed or shroom.....

Agreed. I have been with friends who have used "Ëat a cookie" as literally eating a cookie that has marijuana in it.... it was always a code for doing marijuana. These days of course kids are doing all sort of ****... so who knows if its just marijuana or the term is used anyway for doing drugs.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,650

Post#40 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:50 am

BUCKnation wrote:Cant really add to much to what others have said, other than saying that that guy sounds really shady and gives me a dealer vibe.

Anyways, I have a cousin who has been dealing with an alcohol addiction. You have to keep an eye on them almost at all times b/c when they are in "need" of something they will do whatever they can to get it. His situation is really a turn off for alcohol for me and has really opened my eyes to these kind of situations. You want to trust them b/c they are family but you just cant and that is hard.

My interactions with addiction deal mostly with alcohol, also. It's an awful substance in the wrong hands. It does horrible things to good people. Speaking of doing whatever needed - how about drinking Listerine? Dealt with that before. Addicts do what they can given the situation.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks