ImageImage

Jennings, oh he mad (Tweets against Boylan-page 11)

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,839

Re: Jennings, oh he mad (Tweets against Boylan-page 11) 

Post#221 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Apr 3, 2013 2:35 pm

woosah wrote:
I don't know where this came from, but Orlando would have zero interest in doing this. Orlando is trying to accumulate picks or get young talent on reasonable deals.

They probably wouldn't have an interest in Jennings.

Then again, I would be a rich man if I got a dollar for every time a poster on here loudly proclaimed that their organization "would never do something like that" but then they did.

I can recall starting up the discussion here in May 2006 about swapping TJ for CV. We had about 20 Raptors fans immediately show up in the thread proclaiming with certainty that Brian Colangelo would never be that stupid and that the Raptors had zero interest in TJ Ford.

Additionally, if 18-months ago someone went on the Orlando board and proposed that they trade Dwight to the Lakers for Andrew Vucevic, Mo Harkless and Aaron Afflalo, Orlando fans would have loudly proclaimed the lunacy of the proposal. Even more so if the poster proposing it left Hedo's crappy contract still with the Magic.

Things always happen with NBA trades that fans don't expect.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,151

Post#222 » by jr lucosa » Wed Apr 3, 2013 5:51 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:
jr lucosa wrote:Lol Jameer Nelson, I thought we wanted an upgrade.

Nice and snarky. Good for you. Don't ever let the details and context get in the way of an opportunity to be a smart-ass. Nelson has an expiring contract,

I believe "oh, the ironing." is the correct answer, yes?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/ORL.html

I don't think we could get that first round pick either as Jennings is hardly better than Jameer and is about to get paid. Why wouldn't they just keep Jameer if they wanted a shoot first 40%fg PG.
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,823

Post#223 » by worthlessBucks » Wed Apr 3, 2013 9:23 pm

Amusing stuff from Gardner. Accurate quotes don't sell papes, newsies sell papes.
Go Bucks!
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,832

Post#224 » by coolhandluke121 » Wed Apr 3, 2013 9:51 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:
jr lucosa wrote:Lol Jameer Nelson, I thought we wanted an upgrade.

Nice and snarky. Good for you. Don't ever let the details and context get in the way of an opportunity to be a smart-ass. Nelson has an expiring contract,

I believe "oh, the ironing." is the correct answer, yes?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/ORL.html

According to shamsports, he's guaranteed only $2m in 2014-2015. So yeah, technically he's not an "expiring" contract, but the spirit of the proposal still stands.

I don't think we could get that first round pick either as Jennings is hardly better than Jameer and is about to get paid. Why wouldn't they just keep Jameer if they wanted a shoot first 40%fg PG.

That's why I said it was the best scenario I could hope for. I'm not saying I think it will happen, but it's a somewhat realistic possibility that doesn't require me to go into total denial about the Bucks chances of making a good decision. You know they will want to make sure they get a mediocre, overpaid veteran pg, so all I can hope for is to get one without a crippling contract, and at least have a puncher's chance of getting a decent young player out of it besides.

Does Orlando do it? Not if they see BJ's flaws as incurable, but who's to say how the rest of the NBA front offices view his up-and-down tenure with the Bucks? They might do it for the same reason people on here thought for years that Jennings was part of the core. Even a few weeks ago when he went on that little assist run, he had people flip-flopping. He's still pretty young and it's not hard to imagine Orlando wanting to trade for a younger, healthier version of Jameer with arguably more upside. They might also think Brandon just needs a change of scenery. It's not too hard to imagine them talking themselves into hoping he can still become an all-star. I'd be livid if the Bucks gave up a #20 pick and an expiring contract for Jennings, but that doesn't mean there aren't gm's out there willing to do it.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks