ImageImage

Jennings, oh he mad (Tweets against Boylan-page 11)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,883

Re: Jennings, oh he mad (Tweets against Boylan-page 11) 

Post#181 » by ampd » Mon Apr 1, 2013 6:37 pm

Can't help but bring this all back to how terrible our trade deadline was. Bringing in another guard who needed playing time in Redick without dealing either of our soon to be free agents was a big time failure and we are now realizing the consequences.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#182 » by M-C-G » Mon Apr 1, 2013 7:52 pm

At this point, I'm fine with all three not coming back and just hitting the reset button. If Ellis opts in, I'd like to keep Redick to pair with him.

Basically, the only way I want Jennings around is the qualifying offer, at which point, let Ellis and Redick go, and let Jennings steer the ship to the first pick in the draft next year. Then say goodbye
ampd
RealGM

Post#183 » by ampd » Mon Apr 1, 2013 7:54 pm

M-C-G wrote:At this point, I'm fine with all three not coming back and just hitting the reset button. If Ellis opts in, I'd like to keep Redick to pair with him.

There is no way I am giving Redick that 5/40 deal that was rumored because Ellis opts in.
step3profit
Analyst
And1: 819

Post#184 » by step3profit » Mon Apr 1, 2013 8:08 pm

The secret genius of John Hammond is that by trading for Redick, he's devalued both Redick and Jennings. Now both will have to sign **** contracts, and the Bucks will keep Redick and Monta for about $17m total this coming season. Meanwhile, Jennings will throw a **** fit, take the QO, and guarantee that we won't have to put up with more than one more year of his horse ****.
ampd
RealGM

Post#185 » by ampd » Mon Apr 1, 2013 8:19 pm

Nah, I have to believe that if Redick is going for the MLE he is going to a contender. If the price goes as low as you say, the number of suitors for him go way up. We are going to have to pay the Milwaukee Bucks 8th seed or bust tax to keep him.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,917

Re: Jennings, oh he mad 

Post#186 » by stellation » Mon Apr 1, 2013 9:42 pm

RiotPunch wrote:Image

Late to the party- just wanted to say that's the best gif I've seen in a while. :lol:
#FreeChuckDiesel
LedZepp007
General Manager
And1: 3,523

Post#187 » by LedZepp007 » Tue Apr 2, 2013 2:50 am

step3profit wrote:The secret genius of John Hammond is that by trading for Redick, he's devalued both Redick and Jennings. Now both will have to sign **** contracts, and the Bucks will keep Redick and Monta for about $17m total this coming season. Meanwhile, Jennings will throw a **** fit, take the QO, and guarantee that we won't have to put up with more than one more year of his horse ****.

This is so true it made me laugh. Haha. Hammond. He's a great GM if you want a first round exit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
The Bulls are the absolute worst.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,059

Post#188 » by Thunder Muscle » Tue Apr 2, 2013 4:32 pm

Per JS...

Bucks point guard Brandon Jennings played just 24 minutes in the Bucks' blowout victory but still had 19 points and six assists. He was 4 of 9 from three-point range.

"From where I was looking at, it looked like it was fun," Jennings said after the game. "Monta (Ellis) was out there getting guys involved and we were able to knock down shots.

"It was a fast-paced game. We had 100 points at the end of the third. Everybody was getting easy buckets but we found a way to push through it."

Asked if this is the way the Bucks want to play, at such an up-tempo pace, Jennings said: "You would have to ask (coach) Jim Boylan."

And asked if he was upset about playing time, Jennings responded: "As long as we win, that's all that matters. As long as we win. He (Boylan) makes all the decisions."

Ellis, who had a career-high 14 assists Monday, has been seeing regular time at the point guard spot as well as playing shooting guard in tandem with Jennings. J.J. Redick scored 20 points, his high since joining the Bucks, and went 8 for 12 from the field.

Boylan said he was pleased with all three guards' effort in Monday's game.

"It's an opportunity to get comfortable," Boylan said of Redick's showing. "Get a little bit of rhythm going. Seeing the ball go in the basket is always a good thing.

"I think he used a little bit of an escape dribble where he came off some screens and caught the ball. He used a shot fake and one or two dribbles to get away from the defense. He was able to clear himself from the defense and get a good open look at a shot.

"Then once we got going in the open floor he got a couple nice looks. And Monta was doing a great job finding guys. It was good for both he (Redick) and Mike (Dunleavy) to get out there and get a little rhythm going."

"Brandon did a nice job pushing it, getting out in transition and finding people, taking his shots when his shots came to him. He did a really, really nice job."

emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,634

Post#189 » by emunney » Tue Apr 2, 2013 4:36 pm

Jennings' quotes just dripping with hatred.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Post#190 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Apr 2, 2013 4:41 pm

emunney wrote:Jennings' quotes just dripping with hatred.

I'm waiting for Brandon to pass the ball to Boylan on the bench in a critical moment ala Gary Sheffield throwing the ball into the stands.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
BigDoggyStyle
Senior
And1: 49

Post#191 » by BigDoggyStyle » Tue Apr 2, 2013 8:44 pm

http://www.foxsportswisconsin.com/nba/m ... eedID=5059

"I've enjoyed playing with Monta," Redick said. "Not that I haven't enjoyed playing with Brandon (Jennings), but it seems like a lot of times it is Monta at the point and me at the two when I'm in the game. It's been good. I feel more comfortable with him.

"He's such a good passer to the interior that sometimes I feel like he's not seeing me. Last night he had 14 assists and he found everyone and he found me when I was open. He was dynamite last night. I've been surprised as how good of a passer he is. I don't think he gets enough credit for that."

+1 for Monta. And another negative for Jennings. I would think this increases the chances of Ellis staying over Jennings. I'd say it's pretty much a given that Redick returns, so who he feels comfortable with will factor in for sure.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Post#192 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Apr 2, 2013 9:11 pm

^^^^that article is quite a find. Loved the part I bolded below.

I guess the question is whether this front office can find any value whatsoever for Brandon in a sign and trade. He's doing his best Stephen Jackson/Anthony Mason disruptive routine to get himself out of Milwaukee.

"I've enjoyed playing with Monta," Redick said. "Not that I haven't enjoyed playing with Brandon (Jennings), but it seems like a lot of times it is Monta at the point and me at the two when I'm in the game. It's been good. I feel more comfortable with him.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#193 » by europa » Tue Apr 2, 2013 9:22 pm

5/$55M for Ellis
5/$45M for Redick

Yay.
Nothing will not break me.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,845

Post#194 » by coolhandluke121 » Tue Apr 2, 2013 9:35 pm

I've obviously wanted to trade Brandon almost the whole time he's been here. Glad to see everyone else is finally noticing his low basketball I.Q., no toughness, a weak will, and poor court vision, all things that aren't really curable with age and experience. These issues have been obvious for years, and the Bucks have routinely been better with Ridnour, Udrih, or Monta at pg. Yet Brandon would occasionally have those big games where the majority of his many, many shots were actually going in, and everyone wanted to give him a few more years to see if he "gets it". That's like having a dumb kid take Calculus a few more times and hoping he just "gets it" at some point.

The Bucks had plenty of opportunities to trade him. Now they'll be lucky to get an expiring contract and a late first-round draft pick. The best option I'm able to even get my hopes up for, knowing that the Bucks will want to get a pg who can at least help them stay in the playoffs and that no team will want to give up much for the right to overpay Jennings, is trading him to Orlando for Nelson (expiring contract) and GS's 2014 pick.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#195 » by El Duderino » Tue Apr 2, 2013 10:15 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:^^^^that article is quite a find. Loved the part I bolded below.

I guess the question is whether this front office can find any value whatsoever for Brandon in a sign and trade. He's doing his best Stephen Jackson/Anthony Mason disruptive routine to get himself out of Milwaukee.

Some here get mad or irritated by Jennings behavior the last month or so, but i love seeing it each time he spouts off in the media or pouts on the court.

All of these things hopefully combine to lessen the odds of Hammond/Kohl either offering Brandon a pricey extension or matching a pricey offer from another team.

In fact, my hope is that Jennings plays really bad early in one of the playoff games and thus Boylan sits him a lot in the second half. That then gets followed by a Brandon blowup which completely sealed the deal on the Bucks not wanting him back.

He has to go IMO and i don't even care if hypothetically he signed for reasonable money. I'm done with him as both a starting PG and as a person, to much immaturity on the court and off. That and he hasn't improved a lick in years.
woosah
RealGM
And1: 5,275

Post#196 » by woosah » Wed Apr 3, 2013 2:34 am

coolhandluke121 wrote:
The Bucks had plenty of opportunities to trade him. Now they'll be lucky to get an expiring contract and a late first-round draft pick. The best option I'm able to even get my hopes up for, knowing that the Bucks will want to get a pg who can at least help them stay in the playoffs and that no team will want to give up much for the right to overpay Jennings, is trading him to Orlando for Nelson (expiring contract) and GS's 2014 pick.

I don't know where this came from, but Orlando would have zero interest in doing this. Orlando is trying to accumulate picks or get young talent on reasonable deals.
Woj is the new Bucher. Shams is the new Woj. Espn is the new TMZ. The NBA is the new WWE.
Boo.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,883

Re: Jennings, oh he mad 

Post#197 » by RiotPunch » Wed Apr 3, 2013 2:37 am

stellation wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:Image

Late to the party- just wanted to say that's the best gif I've seen in a while. :lol:

Quite possibly my favorite gif of all time. :D Glad you realized all it's glory! I can laugh for like 2 minutes straight every time I stumble upon it.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,370

Post#198 » by trwi7 » Wed Apr 3, 2013 2:50 am

That cat looks like Wilford Brimley.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
RandyBreuer
Sixth Man
And1: 174
Location: hoistin' 3s like Delfino, pimpin' 4 recruits like Pitino

Post#199 » by RandyBreuer » Wed Apr 3, 2013 4:04 am

everyone here that is way late on the hate Jennings bandwagon owes GhostofSikma a big apology.
Drugbust wrote
"Sorry if my opinion offended your delicate sensibilities"

In Horst we trust.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#200 » by paul » Wed Apr 3, 2013 4:08 am

RandyBreuer wrote:everyone here that is way late on the hate Jennings bandwagon owes GhostofSikma a big apology.

For when he hated or loved him? Or hated him or loved him? Or hated him or loved him?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks