ImageImage

McGlocklin Cutting Back/Moncrief Added

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Re: McGlocklin Cutting Back/Moncrief Added 

Post#81 » by Newz » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:32 pm

They should bring me in to do commentary. I'll do it for half of whatever Jim or Jon were making.

What a deal that would be for the Bucks.
marques-8
Junior
And1: 34

Post#82 » by marques-8 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:45 pm

Newz wrote:They should bring me in to do commentary. I'll do it for half of whatever Jim or Jon were making.

And under the old regime, you would have been made a Vice President also!
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#83 » by Newz » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:48 pm

marques-8 wrote:
Newz wrote:They should bring me in to do commentary. I'll do it for half of whatever Jim or Jon were making.

And under the old regime, you would have been made a Vice President also!

"Trade Jannis Antititkumbo and Larry Sander for Erik Gordon." - Suggestion to get promoted under Kohl
PedroGrande
Analyst
And1: 731

Post#84 » by PedroGrande » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:48 pm

I Just have to say i'm really happy when its ted doing the commentary on league pass.
"Hope isn't a plan"
ChuckBros4Life
Pro Prospect
And1: 172

Post#85 » by ChuckBros4Life » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:00 pm

Mateen Cleaves was entertaining in the small dose I got of him with that one SL game. Bucks should bring him on as a guest announcer whenever Rodney Hood is on the opposing team.
"I dont respect West Coast point guards; theyre too Hollywood for me." - Brandon Jennings
"Everything's peaches and cream." - Monta Ellis
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,051

Post#86 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:57 pm

I know Jim is a whipping boy around here and some of it has been deserved, but part of me will be disappointed when he's gone as he has been very dedicated to the team and his voice equals Bucks basketball. If this team was half competent in the last decade, I think the public approval would be higher for Jim. Unfortunately his voice is there game in and game out trying to sugar coat a poor product.

Jon on the other hand is Mr. Buck. You can't ask for a guy that truly LOVES this team and wants to win. I think he still comes off well and does a good job of being a home guy without being over the top. He's a professional and great guy. I enjoy having him around for the home games.

I think both are probably nearing the end and it will definitely be an end of a era. For many of us, they have been it for Bucks basketball as far as TV. The replacements are going to have their work cut out for them to replace, even if it is time for fresh voices maybe.
marques-8
Junior
And1: 34

Post#87 » by marques-8 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:06 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:I know Jim is a whipping boy around here and some of it has been deserved, but part of me will be disappointed when he's gone as he has been very dedicated to the team and his voice equals Bucks basketball. If this team was half competent in the last decade, I think the public approval would be higher for Jim. Unfortunately his voice is there game in and game out trying to sugar coat a poor product.

Jon on the other hand is Mr. Buck. You can't ask for a guy that truly LOVES this team and wants to win. I think he still comes off well and does a good job of being a home guy without being over the top. He's a professional and great guy. I enjoy having him around for the home games.

I think both are probably nearing the end and it will definitely be an end of a era. For many of us, they have been it for Bucks basketball as far as TV. The replacements are going to have their work cut out for them to replace, even if it is time for fresh voices maybe.

Agree-- We have taken several road trips to watch the Bucks in other venues. Everytime we have stopped down courtside to say hi to Jim and Jon they have been very friendly and cordial. (Steinmiller wouldn't give us the time of day). It would be hard to get use to new announcers as it will be when the Brewers have to replace Uecker. And I certainly hope it is not Joe Block that would get the lead role for the Brew Crew.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,740

Post#88 » by Treebeard » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:49 pm

Apart from Ted Davis, who else wouild be logical candidates to replace McGlocklin, Moncrief, or Paschke? There really doesn't appear to be anyone in the pipeline. The only other announcer that I can think of as a pinch hitter is Jim Chones.

I would think Johnny Mac is going to bow out soon, even if L&E want him to stay.
BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#89 » by BobbyLight » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:57 pm

I've heard if you say Jim Chones 3 times while looking in the mirror, he will appear in your house and mispronounce your name for the next 24 hours.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,562

Post#90 » by chonestown » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:01 pm

Treebeard wrote:Apart from Ted Davis, who else wouild be logical candidates to replace McGlocklin, Moncrief, or Paschke? There really doesn't appear to be anyone in the pipeline. The only other announcer that I can think of as a pinch hitter is Jim Chones.

I would think Johnny Mac is going to bow out soon, even if L&E want him to stay.

Step #1: Keep Parker, Giannis, Jabarles
Step #2: Replace rest of squad with members of the Greek NMT
Step #3: Hire Jim Chones
Step #4: Listen to 82 games of Jim Chones squaring off against polysyllabic Greek name pronunciations
Step #5: Championship
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

MickeyDavis: "OT Pants is gone forever. Cherish the Memory." (3/28/23)
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,907

Post#91 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:06 pm

I don't see Davis switching from radio to TV but I guess you never know.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Treebeard
Head Coach

Post#92 » by Treebeard » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:10 pm

chonestown wrote:
Treebeard wrote:Apart from Ted Davis, who else wouild be logical candidates to replace McGlocklin, Moncrief, or Paschke? There really doesn't appear to be anyone in the pipeline. The only other announcer that I can think of as a pinch hitter is Jim Chones.

Step #3: Hire Jim Chones
Step #4: Listen to 82 games of Jim Chones squaring off against polysyllabic Greek (or Slavic, or Baltic) name pronunciations

Love it! :lol:

Basically, it seems right now, that IF they replace McGlocklin, Moncrief, & Paschke, it will be someone from out-of-the-blue?
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,800

Post#93 » by theFireBlanket » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:48 pm

ChuckBros4Life wrote:Mateen Cleaves was entertaining in the small dose I got of him with that one SL game. Bucks should bring him on as a guest announcer whenever Rodney Hood is on the opposing team.

He would cement Jabari's nickname as the bogeyman (bogey), which not only questionably applicable to JP but sounds the same as Cousin's nickname when cut short-hand as he kept using it and Bogey (bog[u]ey) is a Bogut nickname.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
LarryHarris
Assistant Coach
And1: 133

Post#94 » by LarryHarris » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:07 pm

Sid is awful. It is embarrassing. His endless optimism last season was an incredible annoyance. Bucks would be down 10 going into a break and he'd be saying that a couple things need to go differently and we'll be back in the game. No, Sid, this is the worst team in the league, be a realist instead of soft-shoeing around the beautiful disaster that was the 2013-14 Bucks.
"It is time." -Kevin Greene to Clay Matthews at Super Bowl XLV

"I ain't got time for jokers to be bangin' on the drum." -Gary Ellerson
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#95 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:15 pm

I think Desmond Mason was briefly considered last off-season, but I have no idea what he'd be like, committed long term, etc.
engelmartin
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,867

Post#96 » by engelmartin » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:16 pm

Agreed on how terrible these guys are. I swear they pick the only color guys in the world who could make Paschke seem decent.
KnicksGod wrote:Middleton probably the most underrated player in NBA History
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#97 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:17 pm

I'm kind of curious the status of Dennis Krause as well. I enjoy him with Ted for the home games, but his main gig is the TWC Sports and they were sold off to Charter so I would think that position could be up in the air.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,885

Post#98 » by humanrefutation » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:20 pm

marques-8 wrote:It would be hard to get use to new announcers as it will be when the Brewers have to replace Uecker. And I certainly hope it is not Joe Block that would get the lead role for the Brew Crew.

Ueck would be an incredibly tough act to follow. But I actually think that Darryl Hamilton hasn't been too bad. He and Block have a pretty humorous rapport.
Treebeard
Head Coach

Post#99 » by Treebeard » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:21 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:

I think Desmond Mason was briefly considered last off-season, but I have no idea what he'd be like, committed long term, etc.

Wasn't Des really upset with the Bucks following his trade? But then again, that was the previous administration too.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#100 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:24 pm

Treebeard wrote:
Thunder Muscle wrote:

Wasn't Des really upset with the Bucks following his trade? But then again, that was the previous administration too.

Yes, that was the infamous "snake in the grass" reference to Larry Harris. However he did end up coming back to the Bucks a few years later in a forgettable return on the court if I recall right --- or forgettable season at least.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks