ImageImage

Famous Bucks training camp lines from the past

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

InsideOut
Lead Assistant
And1: 534

Re: Famous Bucks training camp lines from the past 

Post#21 » by InsideOut » Wed Oct 2, 2013 8:17 pm

But guys, this year is different. The magic is real.
The Wet Whistle
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,252

Post#22 » by The Wet Whistle » Wed Oct 2, 2013 9:25 pm

JBucks wrote:Jax a few seasons ago:

“If guys come in here not focused on a championship, just making the playoffs, we need to trade them. We need to be talking about championship and nothin’ else. You can’t limit yourself to just playoffs. Who wants to do that? Playoffs is not really an achievement to me. Anybody can get to the playoffs.”

As insane as JAX is, I do like this mentality.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#23 » by Chuck Diesel » Thu Oct 3, 2013 8:49 am

This is grea. Keep em coming!
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,048

Post#24 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Oct 3, 2013 9:49 am

10/19 8:17 PM
St. Francis, Wisconsin

Yi Jianlian is progressing quite well in training camp, learning more each day as the countdown continues to the Milwaukee Bucks' season opener Oct. 31 in Orlando.

That's the word from Bucks coach Larry Krystkowiak, who is closely monitoring the 7-foot power forward from China and the No. 6 overall pick in the June draft.

"I love what he's doing," Krystkowiak said after practice Thursday at the Cousins Center. "I'm really encouraged for what the future holds for him. It's been remarkable how fast he's picked some things up, even today.

"Offense, some of the things we're doing, I never would have guessed it. Most rookies, regardless if you're from Australia, China, Poland, aren't quite as quick to pick things up as he's been. Once his mind gets free, and he's more and more comfortable, I think he's really going to blossom."

Yi has started two of the Bucks' four exhibition games and has averaged 9.3 points and 7.4 rebounds in nearly 23 minutes per game. He has committed a team-high 14 turnovers and is shooting 37.8%.

"He's getting up and down the floor well and starting to get more and more settled in," center Andrew Bogut said.

"It's going to take him about a month into training camp, and it's about that time now, where all the attention is starting to die down and he can play basketball."

It has been a whirlwind for Yi since his arrival Oct. 3 at O'Hare Airport, with introductions to his new teammates, many hours of practice, a well-attended Asian community event at the Bradley Center and the important task of finding a place to live.

Yi admitted Thursday that he hadn't even had time to follow too much news about the China Games, featuring the visit of National Basketball Association teams Orlando and Cleveland to Shanghai and Macau.

While Cavaliers forward LeBron James is getting the star treatment in China, Yi is far away from the crowds of adoring fans at home.

"Training is very intense here, and it's the way to get stronger, better," Yi said.

The Bucks' next game is the annual MACC Fund contest, with the Minnesota Timberwolves visiting the Bradley Center on Saturday night. Then it will be three road games next week - Tuesday at Denver, Thursday at Chicago and next Friday at Minnesota - to complete the exhibition schedule.

Krystkowiak said he did not want to set the bar too high for Yi, but rather to let him find his way throughout his rookie season.

"I'm not saying in a month he's going to be an all-star-caliber guy," Krystkowiak said. "But he's going to continue to get better because he works hard and he understands the game.

"It's the essence of a sixth pick for a franchise. It's exactly what you're looking for. He's a guy with a lot of skill, size and athletic ability, a younger kid that hasn't played in great, great competition. But it seems to me he's getting better each time he's in practice, because the competition is better."

In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,653

Post#25 » by TroyD92 » Thu Oct 3, 2013 10:08 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
10/19 8:17 PM
St. Francis, Wisconsin

"Offense, some of the things we're doing, I never would have guessed it. Most rookies, regardless if you're from Australia, China, Poland, aren't quite as quick to pick things up as he's been. Once his mind gets free, and he's more and more comfortable, I think he's really going to blossom."

Yi has started two of the Bucks' four exhibition games and has averaged 9.3 points and 7.4 rebounds in nearly 23 minutes per game. He has committed a team-high 14 turnovers and is shooting 37.8%.

"It's the essence of a sixth pick for a franchise. It's exactly what you're looking for. He's a guy with a lot of skill, size and athletic ability, a younger kid that hasn't played in great, great competition. But it seems to me he's getting better each time he's in practice, because the competition is better."

LOL WUT
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,824

Post#26 » by worthlessBucks » Thu Oct 3, 2013 11:10 am

Bucks center Andrew Bogut said he already can detect a better chemistry, something that eroded last season and helped lead to a disappointing 35-47 record.

"I think with NBA teams it's all about the camaraderie and how guys get along off the floor," Bogut said. "If you have that, it's not all about making baskets, and it will come together on the floor.

"This season it looks much better. Guys should know their roles in the league by now and what they're getting paid to do."

31-35, Bogut traded, no 8th seed.

Brandon Jennings made a telling comment a few days ago in a casual conversation.

"We have good vets on this team," the 23-year-old point guard said.

The Milwaukee Bucks have a mix of young talent and some established players, including 31-year-old Samuel Dalembert, 31-year-old Drew Gooden, 32-year-old Mike Dunleavy, 33-year-old Joel Przybilla, 31-year-old Marquis Daniels and 30-year-old Beno Udrih.

Those six players bring experience that can prove valuable on the court and in the locker room.

"It's a tricky thing, because most fans think every veteran player is a great leader, and that's not always the truth," said coach Scott Skiles, whose Bucks beat the Detroit Pistons, 108-91, at the BMO Harris Bradley Center on Saturday night. "As a matter of fact, it's rare.

"You kind of carry the torch and pass it on, and now it's my turn," Gooden said. "I want to extend my hand and all I know to my younger guys."

"Marquis is a guy who, playing or not playing, is going to know the right thing to do, say the right thing, act the right way. So far the way he's played and the way he's conducted himself, he's certainly not the 15th guy."

Of course Skiles wanted no part being here last October.
Go Bucks!

Return to Milwaukee Bucks