ImageImage

Antetokounmpo Highlights!! (Will grow to 7 feet)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,736

Re: Antetokounmpo Highlights!! (Will grow to 7 feet) 

Post#641 » by DanoMac » Fri May 2, 2014 5:01 am

The strides he makes getting to the rim are jaw dropping.

Thanks for putting that together Authority.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,652

Post#642 » by emunney » Fri May 2, 2014 5:12 am

My favorite thing about Giannis is how unfair it looks when he's handling the ball on the break and guys are backpedaling hopelessly. There are so many directions he could take to become a really good player. Like what if he just started studying caroms like Rodman just so he could get the dreb and push it? I can't wait to see where he ends up.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#643 » by Newz » Fri May 2, 2014 1:06 pm

emunney wrote:My favorite thing about Giannis is how unfair it looks when he's handling the ball on the break and guys are backpedaling hopelessly. There are so many directions he could take to become a really good player. Like what if he just started studying caroms like Rodman just so he could get the dreb and push it? I can't wait to see where he ends up.

The only other guys around his size that I can remember handling the ball like him are Magic, KG and Odom. Am I missing anyone?

I hope he really embraces playing like a 'point forward' at the 3 spot. The idea of using him as the ball handler in PnR situations would be excellent. I also like the idea of him embracing that role because then you can get creative with your guard spots... you wouldn't need a real 'point guard'.
pe_it72
Senior
And1: 83

Post#644 » by pe_it72 » Fri May 2, 2014 2:36 pm

He plays like Lebron, but has the body of KD.

Obviously hes not and will never be as good as Lebron. But he is a bit of a facilitator. He will never be as good at finishing as Lebron because he isn't a 255 pound bull coming through the lane. Also has an inconsistant outside shot. But the track down blocks and great vision really remind me of the mindset that LBJ has. That is not a bad thing.

Time and proper coaching will be the best things for this young man.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#645 » by M-C-G » Fri May 2, 2014 2:47 pm

I am just hoping his frame fills out like Thanasis...DX has him listed at 6'7 210 lbs, but he looks cut

M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#646 » by M-C-G » Fri May 2, 2014 2:47 pm

No idea why the picture did that.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,976

Post#647 » by Badgerlander » Fri May 2, 2014 2:50 pm

Newz wrote:
emunney wrote:My favorite thing about Giannis is how unfair it looks when he's handling the ball on the break and guys are backpedaling hopelessly. There are so many directions he could take to become a really good player. Like what if he just started studying caroms like Rodman just so he could get the dreb and push it? I can't wait to see where he ends up.

The only other guys around his size that I can remember handling the ball like him are Magic, KG and Odom. Am I missing anyone?

I hope he really embraces playing like a 'point forward' at the 3 spot. The idea of using him as the ball handler in PnR situations would be excellent. I also like the idea of him embracing that role because then you can get creative with your guard spots... you wouldn't need a real 'point guard'.

I'd love to see what Stan could get out of Giannis. He coached both Odom and Hedo as Point Forwards.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,652

Post#648 » by emunney » Fri May 2, 2014 3:17 pm

Newz wrote:

Well, LeBron and KD, Kukoc, Antoine Walker, Nowitzki, Diaw, Kirilenko all are pretty good ball handlers. Giannis is as fast in the open court as any of them.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#649 » by Newz » Fri May 2, 2014 3:19 pm

emunney wrote:
Newz wrote:

Well, LeBron and KD, Kukoc, Antoine Walker, Nowitzki, Diaw, Kirilenko all are pretty good ball handlers. Giannis is as fast in the open court as any of them.

Yeah, so I forgot quite a few. ;)

But! The point remains is that if he can act as our point guard, you can get creative with the guys you play at the guard positions.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#650 » by LUKE23 » Fri May 2, 2014 7:18 pm

Yeah, his ball handling, transition ability, and vision/feel for where teammates are are already really damn impressive. I'd like to see him absorb contact off the dribble better, work on his jumper, and work on his post game. Those elements with another say 20-25 pounds of muscle, and dude could be an outright monster.

He just seems like the guy that will always have very good on/off splits due to his intelligence though. He was at +7.9 points/100 this year. Offense was +7.1 points/100 on/off. Given that his individual scoring was very average, if not below, that kind of shows that he knows what to do with the ball. If you can develop himself into an individual matchup problem in addition to that, look out.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,019

Post#651 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Fri May 2, 2014 8:45 pm

"The list of candidates for this job is going to be long. Think Giannis Antetokounmpo, only longer." Thought it was funny that Giannis is becoming referencable...

Granted it is BR
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2047 ... rs-rebuild
PANDEMONEUM
Analyst
And1: 403

Post#652 » by PANDEMONEUM » Fri May 2, 2014 8:47 pm

for Giannis :

77games, 24.6 mins, 5.4FGs, 41.4%FG, 34.7% 3FG, 68.3% FT, 4.4 REBs, 1.9 AST, .8 STL, 6.8 PTS

77 games - 2nd on the team, behind Middeton with 82. thats great. 70 games and im happy

FG 173 - for comparison, knight 461, middleton 376, ersan 237.
1 more shot per game, gets it up to 250 or so
41.4% FG - i dont mind a repeat of this %, 44% would be great, but with more shots. we'll see
5.4 FGs attempted - a little low. just 1 more shot per game would be fine

34.7% 3FG - small increase to 36%
68.3% FT - this is too low. has to get this to 75% +

4.4 REBs - small increase to 5 would be solid

1.9 AST - considering how much he was, not, allowed to run the offense or even be involved, this is ok.

2013 Giannis
77games, 24.6 mins, 5.4FGs, 41.4%FG, 34.7% 3FG, 68.3% FT, 4.4 REBs, 1.9 AST, .8 STL, .8 BLKS, 6.8 PTS

2014 Giannis
77games, 26 mins, 6FGs, 42.4%FG, 35.7%FG, 70% FT, 5 REBs, 2.5 AST, 1 STL, 10 PTS

ill be happy with this stat line, and small improvements with his %s and minutes and imporved usage in the offense

10 pts, 5 rebs, 2.5 ast, 1stl, 1blk
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM

Post#653 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Fri May 2, 2014 9:02 pm

I would be a little disappointed if Giannis doesn't get to 13/5 next year playing over 30 min. He should have a bigger role in the office, more time with Nate (versus ramon, hopefully) and should be stronger/improved.
PANDEMONEUM
Analyst
And1: 403

Post#654 » by PANDEMONEUM » Fri May 2, 2014 9:21 pm

i highly doubt he gets to 30 minutes

Middleton, Delfino at SF
Knight, Walters, Mayo, Delfino, Middleton at SG

and Wiggins, Parker, Exum all play SG/SF

i dont mind a small increase from 24.6 mins to 26 mins
but
i dont want 1 game at 30 min and the next at 15
give him a set rotation, either as a starter or off the bench

consistency with minutes could help with all of his other stats
bullox
Banned User
And1: 522

Post#655 » by bullox » Fri May 2, 2014 9:42 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:He should have a bigger role in the office

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I'd rather see him out on the floor.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM

Post#656 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Fri May 2, 2014 9:44 pm

bullox wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:He should have a bigger role in the office

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I'd rather see him out on the floor.

Pay the man his money
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,415

Post#657 » by MiltownHawkeye » Fri May 2, 2014 10:38 pm

I'll be disappointed if Giannis doesn't average at least 3 assists per game next season. He's more than capable of it and I think he could have done it this year (albeit with some turnovers) if Drew didn't have his head up his ass.
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
GreenRiddler
General Manager
And1: 1,428

Post#658 » by GreenRiddler » Sat May 3, 2014 4:34 pm

DanoMac wrote:Wish it could have been 3 minutes longer

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPzLZ5WQUpw[/youtube]

That is just dangerous, one slip and he goes all Bogut, he needs to stop hanging on it so recklessly.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,903

Post#659 » by theFireBlanket » Sat May 3, 2014 6:46 pm

GreenRiddler wrote:
DanoMac wrote:Wish it could have been 3 minutes longer

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPzLZ5WQUpw[/youtube]

That is just dangerous, one slip and he goes all Bogut, he needs to stop hanging on it so recklessly.

That happened to Bogut because of Amar'e trailing him and forcing him out of hanging onto the rim. He never would've taken the spill if he could've hung on for more than a second. So it's not comparable at all. It's actually a good thing that Giannis hangs on, and with the size of his hands, it should be easier to maintain grip until he needs to come down.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
Aaron It Out
General Manager
And1: 3,101

Post#660 » by Aaron It Out » Sat May 3, 2014 8:36 pm

M-C-G wrote:I am just hoping his frame fills out like Thanasis...DX has him listed at 6'7 210 lbs, but he looks cut

If he fills out anything like Thanasis the NBA needs to watch the **** out.
EastSideBucksFan wrote:At some point this board is going to have to drop their stupid bullsht agendas and just enjoy the team for once.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks