ImageImage

Antetokounmpo Highlights!! (Will grow to 7 feet)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,415

Re: Antetokounmpo Highlights!! (Will grow to 7 feet) 

Post#681 » by MiltownHawkeye » Sat May 10, 2014 1:31 pm

I'm confused, so is Giannis working towards filling out or not?
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,022

Post#682 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Sat May 10, 2014 2:18 pm

Does anyone have a photo to see if has been filling out his body?
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,923

Post#683 » by theFireBlanket » Sat May 10, 2014 4:19 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Does anyone have a photo to see if has been filling out his body?

I linked to the IG photo & embedded it in my post. Yikes; didn't realize I'd posted it many times, since I was previewing it and the image wouldn't appear- kept receiving an SQ database error.

Keep in mind that he said one of his offseason goals is to get stronger, as he said in the media after the exit interviews.Here the pic is again:
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
PANDEMONEUM
Analyst
And1: 403

Post#684 » by PANDEMONEUM » Sat May 10, 2014 11:50 pm

Milko, is like Yoohoo

you never feel good after drinking milko
but for some reason, you always buy milko

but, i dont care
i love that Giannis is getting media attention
JustinCredible
Head Coach
And1: 2,965

Post#685 » by JustinCredible » Sun May 18, 2014 1:17 am

This video is all kinds of awesome. I am so excited for the future with this kid.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRDC2nqTxYY[/youtube]
All posts are my own opinion.
Twitter: @itsjwills
cinemakis
Ballboy
And1: 39

Post#686 » by cinemakis » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:56 pm

I missed videos of Giannis highlights.

Giannis Antetokounmpo 18 points 12 rebounds vs Nets 19.11.2014

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1BlBhpzvlY[/youtube]

Sorry for my poor English...
cinemakis
Ballboy
And1: 39

Post#687 » by cinemakis » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:03 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGIrZJ0VnHY[/youtube]

http://www.thesportsfanjournal.com/spor ... ce-sports/

The Preparation: Looking Through the Eyes of Giannis Antetokounmpo

All too often do we see young, new athletes rise to fame and become distracted within the world they call their passion by money, attention and, occasionally, an assortment of rigmarole. So, to watch a young player still focused on his game and wanting nothing more than to excel tremendously and willing to execute all preparations necessary to achieve his aspiration makes us nod our head with satisfaction and encouragement. “The Alphabet,” “The Greek Freak” or just Giannis Antetokounmpo reveals he is ready for round two in the NBA at 19 years old in a VICE Sports Video, while also exposing the simplistic, humorous and determined lifestyle he chooses.

Sometimes, it can be the little things that discourage us from trudging through the bull to reach our goals, like where we are living, the chances we may or may not be given, or even the people around us. But for The Greek Freak, not even being from halfway around the world is an excuse to forget what he is really hungry for: to reach his full potential as a player in the NBA. Even with a couple years of growing left in his developing, teenage body, he continues to persevere through basketball practices and intense training with tenacity and a style of his own.

“My coach told me if you want to be great you got to be different, you know, so I just try to do stuff that no one else does, you know, and study a little bit harder than them so I can become better than them, because you know, at the end of the day, you know I want to be as best as I can be, you know?” — Giannis Antetokounmpo
The Greek Freak stays true to his fresh workout regime as he uses the TRX Suspension Trainer, an alternative piece of strength training equipment, to do low-rows. Not a moment passes when Giannis is not preparing for peak performance. Unless, of course, he is pausing for a moment to explore American culture in the Midwest and overindulge in smoothies. For a moment, you remember that he is more than just an NBA star from Greece and recognize his youth through the sarcasm he dishes out and the fact that he still over-runs the parking block. It brings you closer to him as a person when you see the goof this kid really is.

He also remembers the importance of family and to be grateful for the opportunity he has and playing professional basketball in the United States. Although he is young, Giannis knows how lucky he is to be playing so soon in his life. He not only creates an empathetic connection with the fans, but also reminds them to recognize their own accomplishments through his simplistic happiness and drive to persevere until you succeed.

With the 2014-2015 season tipping off tonight, VICE Sports profiled Giannis, as he persists with his workouts and looks forward to the chance to play against Kevin Durant once more, hoping to beat his block record from the previous season. The Greek Freak, returning stronger than before, illuminates the promising outcomes of solid preparation, willpower and the courage to stay true to self.

Sorry for my poor English...
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,620

Post#688 » by Ron Swanson » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:57 pm

I'll just point out that I love "The Alphabet" nickname for Giannis...

It sounds like such an old-school playground moniker, and nicknames in the modern NBA tend to be really lame.

"D-Rose", "Superman", "KG"? C'mon, those are so lame and uncreative. Gimme "Tiny", "Pistol" Pete Maravich, or Daryl "Chocolate Thunder" Dawkins any day :D
JoeHova
Lead Assistant
And1: 61

Post#689 » by JoeHova » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:11 pm

I think 'eye chart' (former MLBer Doug Mientkiewicz) is a better nickname for someone with a long last name but 'The Alphabet' isn't too bad.
"Look, if he sees me on his lawn waving a gun around, he's gonna pretend not to be home."
Fresh_Prince12
Head Coach
And1: 2,184

Post#690 » by Fresh_Prince12 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:11 pm

ZEUS
Dcebucks11
Banned User
And1: 850

Post#691 » by Dcebucks11 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:35 am

[YouTube][youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ6atjSAlbw[/youtube][/YouTube]
Serge28
RealGM
And1: 1,727

Post#692 » by Serge28 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:50 pm

From Simba to Zeus!
BuckHole
Veteran
And1: 1,004

Post#693 » by BuckHole » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:10 pm

I think he's done growing; he'll never reach 7' tall. --no evidence, just male premonition.
I admit to being a terrible judge of talent and having minimal knowledge of the game of basketball.
AKA Da Thread Killa
kgill_12bucks
Sophomore
And1: 19

Post#694 » by kgill_12bucks » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:17 pm

BuckHole wrote:I think he's done growing; he'll never reach 7' tall. --no evidence, just male premonition.

I'd prefer he stop at 6-11. I think his physical growth helps driving and defensive skill, his jumper takes a back seat until he stops growing and can work on a consistent motion.
Greek
Starter
And1: 447

Post#695 » by Greek » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:21 pm

He has the length of a C. Now he needs some bulk like 15-20p from a physical standpoint. Everything else is there. He will be more explosive too.
Dcebucks11
Banned User
And1: 850

Post#696 » by Dcebucks11 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:28 pm

Greek wrote:He has the length of a C. Now he needs some bulk like 15-20p from a physical standpoint. Everything else is there. He will be more explosive too.

its great that he can be so versatile on defense. He can guard the other teams best scoring forward while jabari defends the other.
Bucks_MacGyver
Sixth Man
And1: 339

Post#697 » by Bucks_MacGyver » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:44 pm

Dudley said he is an athletic scottie pippen
mosby
Sophomore
And1: 68

Post#698 » by mosby » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:26 pm

Bucks_MacGyver wrote:Dudley said he is an athletic scottie pippen

i think pippen was more athletic-exposive

the impressing thing about giannis is that he scores ~15ppg without shooting jumpers at all. Imagine if he gets his shoot down
f*****g dreammachine
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,576

Post#699 » by JayMKE » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:44 pm

Giannis is a guy with unlimited potential, you hear that tossed around a lot but with Giannis it's true. He's going to be probably the size of a guy like Kevin Garnett when his body matures. Giannis actually has the heart, IQ, and relentless work ethic to utilize these gifts he has, that is what truly separates him from the rest. If he can develop a consistent jumper, he'll be a superstar the likes Milwaukee hasn't seen since Kareem.
FREE GIANNIS
Serge28
RealGM
And1: 1,727

Post#700 » by Serge28 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:05 pm

Bucks_MacGyver wrote:Dudley said he is an athletic scottie pippen

Dudley is an idiot. Pippen is top 50 of all time and was very, very athletic himself. He got overshadowed a ton because he played with Jordan, but he himself led the Bulls in remaining competitive while MJ played baseball. I hate that comparison for Giannis because an even more athletic Pippen is top 10 ever and we're not even close to that. And this is coming from a huge Giannis fan.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks