ImageImage

Ersan has other dreams

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Re: Ersan has other dreams 

Post#21 » by EastSideBucksFan » Wed Feb 5, 2014 1:13 am

I'd love for Ersan to wind up with the Spurs.

Not sure we're great partners though as they have nothing I want.
SpursNBucks
Banned User
And1: 113

Post#22 » by SpursNBucks » Wed Feb 5, 2014 1:14 am

First of all those of you saying they should have traded him last year when his value was up - hindsight is 20/20 - Hammy can't control Irsan getting hurt, or some poor play. He probably was a good signing - even now. His value could have very easily gone up.

Right now you have a stretch 4 - that is playing overall below his level- like selling a stock when you get scared seeing it drop. I think Ersan can come back- they don't have another stretch 4 so no need to dump him for pennies on the dollar.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,050

Post#23 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Feb 5, 2014 1:45 am

I think 2012 was the year to trade Ersan more than last year. He was an expiring, we weren't much of a contender, and he was playing a high level of ball.

I can't blame for wanting to try something new. He's been here a long time and probably time for a change. I've always liked him, its too bad he's going through a career worst season as time seems right to part ways on both sides.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM

Post#24 » by EastSideBucksFan » Wed Feb 5, 2014 1:53 am

From the reports, Ersan has never been traded because his value has never been that high and we've never gotten a worthy offer. Even when he was an expiring contract on a small deal. But also remember we were the team with a GM who thought Ramon Sessions was UFA. So who the hell knows.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,917

Post#25 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Wed Feb 5, 2014 2:12 am

EastSideBucksFan wrote:From the reports, Ersan has never been traded because his value has never been that high and we've never gotten a worthy offer. Even when he was an expiring contract on a small deal. But also remember we were the team with a GM who thought Ramon Sessions was UFA. So who the hell knows.

I think the lack of offers he got during his free agency sums up what his value was. I remember he was pretty clear about looking outside Milwaukee leading into that summer and our contract offer came over the top of anything else out there. we literally had to be more aggressive with mayo than we ended up being with ersan. I think that speaks volumes about what his league wide value is.
glenn
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,151

Post#26 » by glenn » Wed Feb 5, 2014 4:35 am

As much as I dislike the title of that Knight thread, that's how much I LOVE the title of this thread. Don't we all Ersan, don't we all...

(Really, though, thanks for the translation.)
:reporter:
SkilesTheLimit
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,795

Post#27 » by SkilesTheLimit » Wed Feb 5, 2014 4:40 am

Ersan: I don't always shoot, but when I do, I always pumpfake first.
We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees.
- Jason Kidd
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM

Post#28 » by EastSideBucksFan » Wed Feb 5, 2014 4:46 am

Sounds like Ersan has been talking to Bogut.

"Ers....you gotta see what's on the other side....it's beautiful"
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,808

Post#29 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Feb 5, 2014 4:49 am

SpursNBucks wrote:First of all those of you saying they should have traded him last year when his value was up - hindsight is 20/20 - Hammy can't control Irsan getting hurt, or some poor play.

Again, not really hindsight for this board. We devoted probably 250 pages of posts here from June first to August first, begging Hammond to deal him, under the belief his value had peaked and he'd just block Henson from minutes.

And here we are.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#30 » by Chuck Diesel » Wed Feb 5, 2014 4:53 am

I've always been a supporter of Ersan. When I was a in high school I called up his D-league coach for all the Ilysaova/ Tulsa 66ers insight an 18 year old NBA nerd could handle. He's had some very nice moments for the Bucks and was rewarded with a very nice contract. With that said, his career has been mostly underwhelming. Confidence issues, chronic injuries and fatigue have limited his impact and even at full strength he's maybe the 5th best player on any decent team. If Ers wants to continue his dream in another city I have no problem with him doing so.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,772

Post#31 » by theFireBlanket » Wed Feb 5, 2014 5:10 am

EastSideBucksFan wrote:Sounds like Ersan has been talking to Bogut.

"Ers....you gotta see what's on the other side....it's beautiful"

Avi Lee for Ersan. :cry:

Am I the only person that found the thread title a bit misleading? I thought his 'other dreams' would pertain to matters outside of his basketball career.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,379

Post#32 » by blazza18 » Wed Feb 5, 2014 5:20 am

SkilesTheLimit wrote:Ersan: I don't always shoot, but when I do, I always pumpfake first.

Aye! That pumpfake got 4 victims last season :angry:
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
CJTURT
Veteran
And1: 928

Post#33 » by CJTURT » Wed Feb 5, 2014 5:20 am

I live in east atlanta and all the kids ask me what my name is...I tell them Ersan Illyasova....they all believe me and still call me Ersan to this day..... Thats my dream!
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,251

Post#34 » by FlagsFlyForever » Wed Feb 5, 2014 5:21 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:His career has been mostly underwhelming.

Disagreed. For a second round pick, he's been a pretty good player. Especially considering how bad he was during his rookie season. People forgot he was just 19 as a rookie and most never expected anything out of him when he went to play in Spain. Ersan has proven a lot of people wrong since his return to the Bucks.
Read on Twitter
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#35 » by Chuck Diesel » Wed Feb 5, 2014 5:27 am

ElPeregrino wrote:

Disagreed. For a second round pick, he's been a pretty good player. Especially considering how bad he was during his rookie season. People forgot he was just 19 as a rookie and most never expected anything out of him when he went to play in Spain. Ersan has proven a lot of people wrong since his return to the Bucks.

Yeah, I guess that's fair considering where he was drafted. Maybe Ilyasova has been disappointing in relation to my own personal expectations of him, especially after his return from Spain.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,659

Post#36 » by AussieBuck » Wed Feb 5, 2014 6:05 am

I still love you Ersan and would be happy for you to see out your contract here. :D
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#37 » by bizarro » Wed Feb 5, 2014 6:08 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:
ElPeregrino wrote:

Yeah, I guess that's fair considering where he was drafted. Maybe Ilyasova has been disappointing in relation to my own personal expectations of him, especially after his return from Spain.

I still remember his first summer league games. He made an outmatched and offensively challenged Bogut look like Wilt. Ersan was flailing wildly. Completely outmatched. His transformation when he returned was nothing short of remarkable, imho. However, I do agree with Diesel: the expectations he created under Skiles never came remotely close to what I thought he was capable of. In the very least, I expected him to play well enough for a contender to put together a reasonable offer for a playoff push. I can't really see him getting us anything of real value in return. But, I blame the Bucks for holding on to him too long regardless.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,853

Post#38 » by Jez2983 » Wed Feb 5, 2014 6:45 am

MiltownHawkeye wrote:The guy is begging to get traded. If only there was some team this past offseason that was willing to give us a #3 pick for him.

Did this actually happen? I really doubt it.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,379

Post#39 » by blazza18 » Wed Feb 5, 2014 7:33 am

Jez2983 wrote:
MiltownHawkeye wrote:The guy is begging to get traded. If only there was some team this past offseason that was willing to give us a #3 pick for him.

All started from this board :lol: Ersan for Washington's first round pick. Then Woelfel picked up on it so it became reality.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,853

Post#40 » by Jez2983 » Wed Feb 5, 2014 7:52 am

blazza18 wrote:
Jez2983 wrote:

All started from this board :lol: Ersan for Washington's first round pick. Then Woelfel picked up on it so it became reality.

Oh, that's right! Yep, so never going to happen. The Woelful kiss of death.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"

Return to Milwaukee Bucks