ImageImage

Jeff Adrien

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

bullox
Banned User
And1: 522

Re: Jeff Adrien 

Post#41 » by bullox » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:05 am

ReasonablySober wrote:I'm surprised at the negative reactions here.

Negative reactions are kind of this forum's thing.
BRIGGS
Analyst
And1: 128

Post#42 » by BRIGGS » Sat Apr 5, 2014 4:50 pm

bullox wrote:

Jeff Adrien is worth every penny of 3 years 10mm or 4 years 13mm you can understand basketball or you cant. Adrien can do 13-8 every night with 50% and good D in 25 minutes--thats a 3-4mm $ player. Hes tough smart and a team player. Not a franchise type but an imprtant cog when you have good players as part of a solid core.
Vanilla Ice is the best rap artist of all time
KingCammo
Veteran
And1: 50

Post#43 » by KingCammo » Sat Apr 5, 2014 4:58 pm

If we're not going to keep Adrien I'd like to see Henson traded on draft day.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Post#44 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Apr 5, 2014 5:05 pm

emunney wrote:John Salmons thinks Jeff Adrien's production is probably sustainable.

Early candidate for my favorite post of the year.
Gore_21
Junior
And1: 20

Post#45 » by Gore_21 » Sat Apr 5, 2014 5:46 pm

I think whether or not we re-sign Adrein & Sessions will say what our plans are for next year. These guys are good players for us making a run at the playoffs (8th seed) next year but to me they aren't ideal for the future. They can be great additions to teams already competing for a championship but I'd rather we just continue to rebuild.
Formerly Bucks_22
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,411

Post#46 » by randy84 » Sat Apr 5, 2014 11:04 pm

Bucks_22 wrote:I think whether or not we re-sign Adrein & Sessions will say what our plans are for next year. These guys are good players for us making a run at the playoffs (8th seed) next year but to me they aren't ideal for the future. They can be great additions to teams already competing for a championship but I'd rather we just continue to rebuild.

If they were such good guys to make a run at the playoffs, then why did Charlotte trade them?
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,927

Post#47 » by theFireBlanket » Sat Apr 5, 2014 11:07 pm

BRIGGS wrote:
bullox wrote:

Jeff Adrien is worth every penny of 3 years 10mm or 4 years 13mm you can understand basketball or you cant. Adrien can do 13-8 every night with 50% and good D in 25 minutes--thats a 3-4mm $ player. Hes tough smart and a team player. Not a franchise type but an imprtant cog when you have good players as part of a solid core.

Exactly, ie: when the team is contending for the playoffs and not re-building.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,952

Post#48 » by Jez2983 » Sun Apr 6, 2014 12:09 am

I hope he gets a multi-year deal.

Just not with us.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#49 » by HornetJail » Sun Apr 6, 2014 3:08 am

randy84 wrote:
Bucks_22 wrote:I think whether or not we re-sign Adrein & Sessions will say what our plans are for next year. These guys are good players for us making a run at the playoffs (8th seed) next year but to me they aren't ideal for the future. They can be great additions to teams already competing for a championship but I'd rather we just continue to rebuild.

If they were such good guys to make a run at the playoffs, then why did Charlotte trade them?

That trade was idiotic. Neal got hot in his first 10 games or so here, but he has been the garbage I expected him to be since. Ridnour has made like 10 good passes and had a couple nice threes today but that's the extent of his production as a Bobcat. I miss Jeff and Ramon even though Jeff barely saw the floor, and Sessions's lack of a three-ball was hurting us slightly.

Seriously, I'm glad Jeff is finally getting a chance and getting consistent playing time somewhere.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
BucksBrew
Junior
And1: 112

Post#50 » by BucksBrew » Wed Apr 9, 2014 6:17 pm

What is with everyone wanting to live threw another season like this one?

I'm ok with signing both of them to reasonable contracts. We have who most people say was the best player in last years draft (Giannis) and have a high possibility of getting the #1 pick this year(Wiggins).

If they live up to the hype and grow as players like we would hope they do I would be estatic to play for the 8 seed next year with a serious young core. Then continue to work off that success.

What needs to happen is Mayo and Ersan need to go. Mayo would be great off the bench if he loses 25 lbs and plays like he did in Dallas. Carlos can go too.

Sanders/Zaza
Adrien=/=Henson
Giannis/Middleton/
Wiggins/Knight-Middleton
Sessions/Knight

Sessions is a better playmaker than Knight
Adrien over Henson just for the little spacing he can provide

But thats just my 2 pennies.
Blame Rasho wrote:It is the same circle jerk fans like always going on and on and the sad part is that they don't even realize how pathetic they sound to a neutral fan.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#51 » by LUKE23 » Wed Apr 9, 2014 6:18 pm

Wouldn't sign either. Give the spots to all three second rounders.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#52 » by trwi7 » Wed Apr 9, 2014 6:23 pm

BucksBrew wrote:What is with everyone wanting to live threw another season like this one?

I'm ok with signing both of them to reasonable contracts. We have who most people say was the best player in last years draft (Giannis) and have a high possibility of getting the #1 pick this year(Wiggins).

Because the worst thing we could do is say "we have who analysts say is the best player in the 2013 draft (even though it's only one year in and none of these guys had him as a top 10 pick last year) and the #1 pick, we don't have to do anymore."

It takes time. It takes more than one year. This season was completely worthless if we're just going to go back to let's try for the 8th seed again next year. It doesn't work like that. It didn't work with LeBron, it didn't work with Durant and Giannis and Wiggins/Embiid/Exum/Parker are not LeBron or Durant.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#53 » by Badgerlander » Wed Apr 9, 2014 6:26 pm

Wait, Adrien is a floor spacer? lol. No idea why anyone would want Adrien over Henson.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
BucksBrew
Junior

Post#54 » by BucksBrew » Wed Apr 9, 2014 6:34 pm

I understand that and I also understand the world we live in where say we get Wiggins and he lives up to the hype.

He sees that we are signing scrubs to lose more games you think after 4 years he's going to stay in Milwaukee?

I would much rather have Sessions who from everything I have read is a very professional to be around the young guys then sign or trade for guys like Gary Neal.
Blame Rasho wrote:It is the same circle jerk fans like always going on and on and the sad part is that they don't even realize how pathetic they sound to a neutral fan.
BucksBrew
Junior

Post#55 » by BucksBrew » Wed Apr 9, 2014 6:37 pm

DocHoliday wrote:Wait, Adrien is a floor spacer? lol. No idea why anyone would want Adrien over Henson.

I dont see Henson ever be anything more then what he is. To me he's not a very competive person I want to see the nasty show some heart.

Perfect example as minor as it may seem he got called for a bad foul and stood there smiling and looked like he's telling jokes. It's all the time thats not just 1 incident. Get mad and maybe show some competiveness.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#56 » by trwi7 » Wed Apr 9, 2014 6:38 pm

BucksBrew wrote:I understand that and I also understand the world we live in where say we get Wiggins and he lives up to the hype.

He sees that we are signing scrubs to lose more games you think after 4 years he's going to stay in Milwaukee?

I would much rather have Sessions who from everything I have read is a very professional to be around the young guys then sign or trade for guys like Gary Neal.

Nobody says sign scrubs for 4 years while Wiggins is on his rookie deal. And yes, he probably would sign here at least the first time because we could offer the most money.

Just go Wolters/Middleton/Wiggins/Henson/Sanders next year and trade Knight for as high of a pick as we can get. They'll be better than this year but still lose a lot of games.

No reason to sign vets to help out when the end game is the same. I'd rather be in the lotto for two more years than squeak into the playoffs.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
BucksBrew
Junior

Post#57 » by BucksBrew » Wed Apr 9, 2014 6:40 pm

you are a bucks fan right? who else are we going to sign?

Ok technically we signed them all the 3 year deals :)
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#58 » by Badgerlander » Wed Apr 9, 2014 6:48 pm

BucksBrew wrote:
DocHoliday wrote:Wait, Adrien is a floor spacer? lol. No idea why anyone would want Adrien over Henson.

I dont see Henson ever be anything more then what he is. To me he's not a very competive person I want to see the nasty show some heart.

Perfect example as minor as it may seem he got called for a bad foul and stood there smiling and looked like he's telling jokes. It's all the time thats not just 1 incident.

But what Henson is is a much better player than Adrien, both offensively and defensively. Adrien rarely takes a shot outside the paint and usually when he does it's because nobody is guarding him because they know his shot probably won't drop. Henson can create his own shot against double teams from 10' and hit it more often than Adrien's wide open jumper.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
averageposter
Sixth Man
And1: 722

Post#59 » by averageposter » Wed Apr 9, 2014 9:39 pm

Going to miss the Rocky theme if/when he's gone.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks