ImageImage

POLL: What on-court result for next season do you want?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

What result of 2014-15 would be best for the franchise?

Development of Giannis or our #1 pick
57%
Win 50+ and win a playoff series
16%
Tank for another top-5 pick
25%
Other
2%

Total votes: 83

shaolin34
Senior
And1: 133

POLL: What on-court result for next season do you want? 

Post#1 » by shaolin34 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:40 pm

Many of us got what we wanted this year, albeit via luck/stupidity, as we find ourselves at the top of the draft this year. I've heard a few people suggest how we should tank again next year for another high pick, but I was curious as to what the board thinks the most important ON-court result of next season should be.

-Develop Giannis or our #1 pick into a star. Maybe not a top-10 player right away next year, but certainly top-20ish. We get every indication by the end of the next year that we finally have a legit star, who can hopefully elevate his game even further and reach super-stardom going forward. As we all know you need a superstar to win.

-Win 50+ and make at least the 2nd round. For this result assume that it is not a result of option 1, but rather some other reason such as Sanders coming back big, younger guys mature, Knight finds his role, etc. Whether or not we get a new owner this could possibly be the result that gets the public interested in the Bucks again, potentially aiding in the arena issue? The Bucks could still take another step the following year depending on how the young guys develop.

-Tank. Giannis and our #1 are great building blocks and could still potentially develop into stars, but we need more talent from the draft, and adding another top-5 pick to our young core could get us the talent to win a championship.

-Other?
driese0824
Pro Prospect
And1: 60

Re: POLL: What on-court result for next season do you want? 

Post#2 » by driese0824 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:50 pm

shaolin34 wrote:Many of us got what we wanted this year, albeit via luck/stupidity, as we find ourselves at the top of the draft this year. I've heard a few people suggest how we should tank again next year for another high pick, but I was curious as to what the board thinks the most important ON-court result of next season should be.

-Develop Giannis or our #1 pick into a star. Maybe not a top-10 player right away next year, but certainly top-20ish. We get every indication by the end of the next year that we finally have a legit star, who can hopefully elevate his game even further and reach super-stardom going forward. As we alDeel know you need a superstar to win.

-Win 50+ and make at least the 2nd round. For this result assume that it is not a result of option 1, but rather some other reason such as Sanders coming back big, younger guys mature, Knight finds his role, etc. Whether or not we get a new owner this could possibly be the result that gets the public interested in the Bucks again, potentially aiding in the arena issue? The Bucks could still take another step the following year depending on how the young guys develop.

-Tank. Giannis and our #1 are great building blocks and could still potentially develop into stars, but we need more talent from the draft, and adding another top-5 pick to our young core could get us the talent to win a championship.

-Other?

I know 95% of this board chooses tank again vut not me i want the team to win,i want that excitement that i felt in the ftd.year so ill chose iption 2.
I dont wanna tank next year
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#3 » by LUKE23 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:55 pm

I'll be rooting for wins from day one next season, ASSUMING we are going to give our future core the majority of the playing time to see what we actually have. I'd look to trade Ersan, Pachulia, Delfino, and Mayo (pipe dream I know). We have enough youth with the second rounders to fill out an entire rotation. I would not bring back either Sessions or Adrien.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#4 » by Nebula1 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:04 pm

Keep the development organic by developing the younger players and not spending much in FA. I'd like to see Sessions back but otherwise stick with the draft.

I'm really hoping to see a greater use of the D League next season.
driese0824
Pro Prospect
And1: 60

Post#5 » by driese0824 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:07 pm

LUKE23 wrote:I'll be rooting for wins from day one next season, ASSUMING we are going to give our future core the majority of the playing time to see what we actually have. I'd look to trade Ersan, Pachulia, Delfino, and Mayo (pipe dream I know). We have enough youth with the second rounders to fill out an entire rotation. I would not bring back either Sessions or Adrien.

good post but isn't getting rid of most of our vets and having a roster full of young'uns and rookies a classic case of tanking.Wouldnt sanders be our oldest guy next year.
WE do that I would be rooting for loses next year cause there wouldn't be many wins dont u need some quality vets on a team to atleast be respectful I would think.
tyland
Veteran
And1: 422

Post#6 » by tyland » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:10 pm

Play youth and see what happens. That will likely mean another top 8 pick.

Just give minutes to the first rounder, Giannis, Nate, Middleton, Henson, Sanders, Miroslav and Knight. Plus all our second rounders. Then see what happens.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
SAVE OUR BUCKS
Twitter: @thetytimes
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,972

Post#7 » by drew881 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:15 pm

Poll is a bit flawed here. Developing Gianis and the number one might result in us tanking and getting a top five pick. I'm all for both.
SkilesTheLimit
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,795

Post#8 » by SkilesTheLimit » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:29 pm

I'll root for wins too. I want to see growth from Giannis and 2014 #1 pick and that involves winning.

My main concern for 2014-15 is seeing Sanders get back to the 2012-13 Larry Sanders. We can't afford an $11 mil/yr black hole giving us no positive return. I hope all his talk about working hard this summer isn't only lip service.
We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees.
- Jason Kidd
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,593

Post#9 » by TroyD92 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:34 pm

1 and 3. I don't particularly care for out right tanking (76er styles). As long as the guys getting the majority of minutes are 24 or younger I'll be happy.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
InsideOut
Lead Assistant
And1: 534

Post#10 » by InsideOut » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:41 pm

I just don't like the options to pick from. First off there is no way in the world we are winning 50+ games next season. You may as well just give an option for winning the title. Also, if they did win 50 games that means Giannis and the #1 pick had to turn into stars so by default picking #2 also means you are getting #1. Sure who wouldn't want that but that scenario is beyond reality.

The reason we're in this mess is the bucks going win now when they aren't equipped to do it. They need a slow well thought out rebuild just like the Thunder did. They didn't get KD and then go all win now by bringing in a bunch of vets. They played the youth, lost games and added more core pieces with high picks. I'd like to see that happen here in Milwaukee. So next season play ALL the youth, that leads to losses and another high pick which hopefully ends up being a great core piece. That route helps develop the youth while also adding to the talent pool. An all out push for the 8th seed and another pick in the teens is as we have learned is the worst way to build a team.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,976

Post#11 » by Badgerlander » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:51 pm

LUKE23 wrote:I'll be rooting for wins from day one next season, ASSUMING we are going to give our future core the majority of the playing time to see what we actually have. I'd look to trade Ersan, Pachulia, Delfino, and Mayo (pipe dream I know). We have enough youth with the second rounders to fill out an entire rotation. I would not bring back either Sessions or Adrien.

+1
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
shaolin34
Senior
And1: 133

Post#12 » by shaolin34 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:03 pm

drew881 wrote:Poll is a bit flawed here. Developing Gianis and the number one might result in us tanking and getting a top five pick. I'm all for both.

Well, I feel if one of them developed into a legitimate top-20 player who shows signs they were capable of being even better, we wouldn't be bad enough to get a top-5 pick. That's why I expanded on it to say more than just "develop" them, which means just playing them a bunch and letting them grow. If that were the case, you'd be right, it could lead to another bottom-5 record.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,059

Post#13 » by Thunder Muscle » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:12 pm

I selected option one. I'm hoping Giannis takes another step, the rookie we draft shows high level potential, and some of the other pieces (e.g. Henson, Wolters, Mayo) play more consistently. I truly think next year's team has to show some improvement. I'm not saying playoffs or bust, but if the young guys can make it interesting and keep some buzz, that would be great. I don't think this franchise can afford another 15 or less win season. You're going to have some initial buzz with a top pick and you need to build on that momentum.

As far as players go, I'm for trading some of the vets like Ersan, Delfino. I'm okay with keeping ZaZa around, he seems like a steady force in the locker room and may be good for Giannis. I assume Mayo has no market at this point.
MrPerfect1
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,425

Post#14 » by MrPerfect1 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:39 pm

Where is the Championship Option :P

Like others, I think #1 and #3 go together. I really want to 1 more tank year.

Giannis + 2014 Pick=Solid Potential Future

Giannis + 2014 Pick + Top 3 2015 Pick=Possible future Contender
ReddWing
Banned User
And1: 808

Post#15 » by ReddWing » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:43 pm

I want to make the playoffs next season on the backs of our existing core. We don't need a single vet added to this team. Maybe a scrap heap back up point guard. I have no idea what the rotation is going to look like next season but we have pretty much all the pieces we need. Knowing the Bucks, we are going to overpay Ramon and Adrien. Trade Henson to rid ourselves of Mayo.
DickCunningham
Rookie
And1: 238

Post#16 » by DickCunningham » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:11 pm

This season has taken its toll. I won't know how I feel about next year until I see what the roster and coaching staff looks like. There doesn't seem to be any plan, so who knows what's going to happen.
"Our goal is to become a championship team," Kidd said.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,273

Post#17 » by jakecronus8 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:13 pm

Play the youth and see what happens. If that means the dreaded 8th seed, so be it. Giannis and our #1 pick have to get at least 30 minutes a game. Trade Zaza. The rest of the vets we are stuck with. Just let them rot. Wouldn't mind Sessions back on a reasonable deal, only as a backup to Wolters or Exum. Probably a mid lotto team next year barring injuries.
Do it for Chuck
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#18 » by H2tObes » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:14 pm

If you think Giannis has any chance to be a top 20 player as soon as next season, you're sorely mistaken I believe.

I'm hoping we get another top pick while I get to watch Giannis + #1
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,273

Post#19 » by jakecronus8 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:20 pm

H2tObes wrote:If you think Giannis has any chance to be a top 20 player as soon as next season, you're sorely mistaken I believe.

I'm hoping we get another top pick while I get to watch Giannis + #1

I wouldn't be so sure. Maybe not top 20, but perhaps close. I think with an offseason of strength and conditioning, as well as a shooting coach, the only thing holding him back will be playing time.
Do it for Chuck
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#20 » by LUKE23 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:43 pm

I was wrong on this years team, didn't see the Sanders disaster happening or Drew being this bad, but as of now, I would still be surprised to see us top 5 next year, just based on Giannis' with a year of improvement, a very good player in the draft, and Sanders (hopefully) coming out with something to prove next year. Our backcourt will still likely be very poor in relation to the rest of the league, but hard to see the frontcourt not being very strong across the board.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks