ImageImage

Timetable For Lasry/Edens To Make Decision On Hammond/Drew?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

What will Lasry/Edens Choose To Do Before 2014 NBA Draft?

Keep Both Hammond/Drew
6%
Keep Hammond/Fire Drew
11%
Fire Hammond/Keep Drew
2%
Fire Both
81%

Total votes: 170

ANTETOKOUNBROS
Starter
And1: 1,618

Re: Timetable For Lasry/Edens To Make Decision On Hammond/Dr 

Post#21 » by ANTETOKOUNBROS » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:08 pm

My fear is that the new owners might be even more short sighted/maniacal about a win-now mandate -- as hedgefund managers they may bring the habits of short term profits at the expense of the future. They could be Kohl on steroids. That being said, I actually think we should keep Hammond and the scouts on for at least another year as much as I hated how we dealt Tobias under his watch, I think I would trust him with the draft.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Drew has to go no matter what.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,026

Post#22 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:08 pm

xTitan wrote:I absolutely hope these men already know who is going to be their president of basketball ops., once approved, hire him/her and all the dominoes fall after that. I would be disappointed if they haven't already been talking to somebody about the Pres. Position already.

There is a league press conference apparently right NOW to announce the approval of the sale by the league.

I'd guess that Hammond/Drew are gone within the next 7 days or sooner and these guys already have their person in mind.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
marques-8
Junior
And1: 34

Post#23 » by marques-8 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:14 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
xTitan wrote:I absolutely hope these men already know who is going to be their president of basketball ops., once approved, hire him/her and all the dominoes fall after that. I would be disappointed if they haven't already been talking to somebody about the Pres. Position already.

There is a league press conference apparently right NOW to announce the approval of the sale by the league.

I'd guess that Hammond/Drew are gone within the next 7 days or sooner and these guys already have their person in mind.

:hoop: :D :D
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,337

Post#24 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:15 pm

When Kohl booted Grunfeld he wouldn't let him leave until after the draft. Larry Harris was in charge of that draft and then was named GM of course. We are far enough from the draft that we can clean house in the next week and have plenty of time to get a new team in place.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,663

Post#25 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:16 pm

I like everyone else assumes they are both gone. One would think the new owners are already talking to candidates for the president of oops job.

The scary thing is if for some crazy reason hammond stays it will mean drew is back too. No way they would let hammond hire a new coach with him on thin ice for a yr. It's a both gone or both stay situation Imo

Sent from my SM-N900V using RealGM Forums mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,598

Post#26 » by tski1972 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:17 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:

http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,969

Post#27 » by humanrefutation » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:23 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:

Is this online anywhere?
MadBlueEdwards
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#28 » by MadBlueEdwards » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:30 pm

There is no way they keep Drew. He just turned in the worst season in franchise history.

I wouldn't like it, but I could see them letting Hammond stick around for one more year.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#29 » by EastSideBucksFan » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:32 pm

I have no concern about Hammond and Drew returning.

They're not.
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,118

Post#30 » by LittleRooster » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:42 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:I have no concern about Hammond and Drew returning.

They're not.

Do you have any other info? Type of people they're looking at? I really, really hope this is true
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,969

Post#31 » by humanrefutation » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:50 pm

So...did this presser happen or what?
SkilesTheLimit
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,795

Post#32 » by SkilesTheLimit » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:50 pm

Bone apparently took tons of trips to Lawrence, KS this year for no good reason.
We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees.
- Jason Kidd
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#33 » by wichmae » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:50 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:

Is this online anywhere?

I cant seem to find it
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#34 » by EastSideBucksFan » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:52 pm

LittleRooster wrote:
EastSideBucksFan wrote:I have no concern about Hammond and Drew returning.

They're not.

Do you have any other info? Type of people they're looking at? I really, really hope this is true

None at all.

Just talked to a lot of people on Wednesday and that is the general feeling.

I have no clue who they are looking at, but I expect forward thinking analytics style GM.
bigdog34
Senior
And1: 96

Post#35 » by bigdog34 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:52 pm

Throughout the press conference, the term "New Era" was mentioned. I have zero doubt that both will be let go so that the "new era" can begin as such. With that, I would suspect we see them both terminated prior to 5/1, so that new management can be arranged/discuss the future. I also agree that Hammond's not making any public appearances/statements is verrrry telling.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using RealGM Forums mobile app
Sell! Sell!! Sell!!!!
Finn
Starter
And1: 2,283

Post#36 » by Finn » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:20 pm

Swan Vox
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,917

Post#37 » by Swan Vox » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:55 pm

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/bucks/mi ... 78561.html

New York — The NBA has not yet approved the $550 million sale of the Milwaukee Bucks to a new ownership group, league commissioner Adam Silver said Friday.

Silver said he hopes league owners will vote to approve the deal "within the next month."

"It's a process that has to run its course," Silver explained after a meeting of the NBA's Board of Governors in New York City. "But it should happen relatively quickly."

"I don't anticipate there will be any issues," he added, "but we're just not at that point in the process yet."

Not sure what the hold up would be...but I guess these things take time. Still think all the new pieces are in place by the new moon solar eclipse on April 29th.
El Pooch Grande
Bench Warmer
And1: 831

Timetable For Lasry/Edens To Make Decision On Hammond/Drew? 

Post#38 » by El Pooch Grande » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:01 am

Swan Vox wrote:http://www.jsonline.com/sports/bucks/milwaukee-bucks-sale-nba-owners-b99250872z1-255778561.html

New York — The NBA has not yet approved the $550 million sale of the Milwaukee Bucks to a new ownership group, league commissioner Adam Silver said Friday.

Silver said he hopes league owners will vote to approve the deal "within the next month."

"It's a process that has to run its course," Silver explained after a meeting of the NBA's Board of Governors in New York City. "But it should happen relatively quickly."

"I don't anticipate there will be any issues," he added, "but we're just not at that point in the process yet."

Not sure what the hold up would be...but I guess these things take time. Still think all the new pieces are in place by the new moon solar eclipse on April 29th.

This certainly isn't going to help aid in a swift removal of Hammond/Drew, especially if the sale's approval takes a month. I think we need to begin exploring the scary possibility that Hammond/Drew might be here for awhile...

"We are the Champions, my friends"
tyland
Veteran
And1: 422

Post#39 » by tyland » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:13 am

The article is pretty clear about the steps that need to be taken. You've got at least 4 law firms operating and reviewing all these documents (one for each of Kohl, the Bucks, the new owners and the NBA), each who will be scrutinizing the terms and negotiating amendments.

Then you also have Lasry needing to sell his stake in the Nets presumably before this can be wrapped up.

As far as I can see, there are no alarm bells here. The whole thing is just going through a process to get the in principle agreement finalized. It will get there but it will just take time.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
SAVE OUR BUCKS
Twitter: @thetytimes
LedZepp007
General Manager
And1: 3,523

Post#40 » by LedZepp007 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:19 am

Lasry/Edens: "Coach Drew, we wouldn't bet on you if we had... Well we do have a billion dollars. Just GTFO."
The Bulls are the absolute worst.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks