ImageImage

Trade for Lakers pick?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

cinematographer
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,697

Re: Trade for Lakers pick? 

Post#101 » by cinematographer » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:24 am

Aaron It Out wrote:Actually sounds like something I might like to be a part of.

Sounds better than coloured eggs and crucifixes, at least.
Finn
Starter
And1: 2,285

Post#102 » by Finn » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:46 pm

Sherman - list out your top 7 in this draft. And then tell us again that you'd trade Giannis for the #7 pick.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,652

Post#103 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:03 pm

I doubt that we could put together an enticing enough package for them to even consider trading the pick, but if it did happen, I'd be salivating at the prospect of a Vonleh + Embiid frontcourt for the next decade :droop:
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#104 » by Ruzious » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:12 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:I doubt that we could put together an enticing enough package for them to even consider trading the pick, but if it did happen, I'd be salivating at the prospect of a Vonleh + Embiid frontcourt for the next decade :droop:

Vonleh's a good but not great prospect. There are questions on his length - which will be answered at the combine, and he's just not a real aggressive player. He lacks that extra will to score that Randle has. And he's obviously not a Chris Bosh level talent.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,652

Post#105 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:49 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:I doubt that we could put together an enticing enough package for them to even consider trading the pick, but if it did happen, I'd be salivating at the prospect of a Vonleh + Embiid frontcourt for the next decade :droop:

Vonleh's a good but not great prospect. There are questions on his length - which will be answered at the combine, and he's just not a real aggressive player. He lacks that extra will to score that Randle has. And he's obviously not a Chris Bosh level talent.

I haven't heard anything about this. By every measurement I've seen he sports an impressive 7'3 wingspan (7'4 at the 2013 Hoops Summit) and 6'10, 240 lb frame. If anything it's his length that is one of the things about him that scouts are raving about. I also have him above Randle, but not by much.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,724

Post#106 » by emunney » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:53 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:
Ruzious wrote:

I haven't heard anything about this. By every measurement I've seen he sports an impressive 7'3 wingspan (7'4 at the 2013 Hoops Summit) and 6'10, 240 lb frame. If anything it's his length that is one of the things about him that scouts are raving about. I also have him above Randle, but not by much.

Vonleh has a long head/neck and a sub 9' standing reach, which is not ideal. It's not a dealbreaker, though, and having a long wingspan definitely helps even if it doesn't translate vertically.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
UWM_Brew_Buck
Analyst
And1: 883

Post#107 » by UWM_Brew_Buck » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:15 am

Sherman Douglas wrote:
PkrsBcksGphsMqt wrote:Sherman, can you at least tell me why my statement in your sig is so preposterous?

Yours isn't nearly as bad as some of the others. The point is more that this board has a tendency to engage in groupthink and come to a consensus on a player, and any time someone disagrees with that consensus, it's simply crazy talk. It happened with Jennings his rookie year...it kinda happened with Sanders for awhile before he went off the deep end. Now it's Giannis. I think he could be a really good player, but I don't think it's even close to a foregone conclusion.

Is there a reason why you left out that the most egregious quote was made by lilOjMayo? I think that some of those quotes are either bad or taken out of context, having a floor of a Kukoc is pretty crazy to me as well. I don't think it is crazy to say that someone would take Giannis #1 in this years draft. There isn't any Lebron or Durant level prospects in this draft. I think it is fair to put Giannis anywhere in the top 5 in this draft and I'd probably take him 2/3.

It is not a forgone conclusion that Giannis will be even a good player. He is a lot to improve but the glimpses of basketball talent along with elite length and great athleticism is the reason why he is being hyped.
Sherman Douglas
Veteran
And1: 1,467

Post#108 » by Sherman Douglas » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:43 am

UWM_Brew_Buck wrote:Is there a reason why you left out that the most egregious quote was made by lilOjMayo?

Would have had to do some editing to get his name in there, and was too lazy.

IMO Kukoc was bad, but "floor of Scottie Pippen" is one of the most ridonkulous quotes of all-time.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,775

Post#109 » by Ayt » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:58 am

lilojmayo wouldn't be one to post something ridiculous.

http://boards.grizzliesonline.com/index ... t&p=405411
Sherman Douglas
Veteran
And1: 1,467

Post#110 » by Sherman Douglas » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:48 am

Ayt wrote:lilojmayo wouldn't be one to post something ridiculous.

http://boards.grizzliesonline.com/index ... t&p=405411

:lol:

Is this guy doing a bit, or is an OJ Mayo superfan something that actually exists?
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,944

Post#111 » by Jez2983 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:26 pm

Sherman, you're being a dick. I'm sure you're really going to enjoy the 'I was right' posts if he wasn't to end up a special player.

I also feel the NBA has never seen a talent like him. He honestly reminds me of Prince Akeem in coming to America with his naivety and genuine joy at living the high life. It's very endearing.

But feel free to rain on that with a collection of quotes from months ago.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#112 » by Newz » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:40 pm

Someone said his floor is Scottie Pippen? So what the hell is his ceiling in that particular scenario? All the best of Durant, LeBron and KG combined into one super player? :lol:
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM
And1: 1,417

Post#113 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:44 pm

Newz wrote:Someone said his floor is Scottie Pippen? So what the hell is his ceiling in that particular scenario? All the best of Durant, LeBron and KG combined into one super player? :lol:

7 ft MJ/Kareem/Magic hyrbrid. :lol:
BucksRuleAll22 wrote:Calvin Johnson is horrible and not a top WR.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#114 » by Newz » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:47 pm

PkrsBcksGphsMqt wrote:
Newz wrote:Someone said his floor is Scottie Pippen? So what the hell is his ceiling in that particular scenario? All the best of Durant, LeBron and KG combined into one super player? :lol:

7 ft MJ/Kareem/Magic hyrbrid. :lol:

Range out to half court when he is faced up, able to drain sky hooks from the three point line.
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,598

Post#115 » by tski1972 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:00 pm

so are we trading Giannis for the Lakers pick or no?

:dontknow:
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
MadBlueEdwards
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#116 » by MadBlueEdwards » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:04 pm

I really don't think there's a package we could put together to get this Lakers pick (unless Giannis was involved which I don't see happening).

We may be able to do something to get one of the Phoenix picks though. I read something the other day about them looking to trade one or more of them for veteran help.
step3profit
Analyst
And1: 819

Post#117 » by step3profit » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:11 pm

IMO, Tom Chambers from Lakers vs. Celtics on the Sega Genesis:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcRfEfPNG_k[/youtube]

bucksbrewers3
Starter
And1: 292

Post#118 » by bucksbrewers3 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:33 pm

Wiggins at #1 if we get that pick and if he's there take Randle at 6 or smart

No way the lakers do that trade though
DutchManDanFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,807

Post#119 » by DutchManDanFan » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:08 pm

tski1972 wrote:so are we trading Giannis for the Lakers pick or no?

:dontknow:

I think you need to make a poll to get the answer...
RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,508

Post#120 » by RogerMurdock » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:00 pm

I actually like the idea of trading Giannis straight-up for the Los Angeles Lakers.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks