Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

DutchManDanFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,807

Trade for Lakers pick? 

Post#1 » by DutchManDanFan » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:32 am

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/23 ... For-Lakers

Knight + Ilyasova for #6 + Gasol (S&T)
Pay Gasol what he can't get anywhere else (2 or 3 years only), so he wil agree. Will $30M/2y do?
I don't mind getting Nash in stead of Gasol and/or giving a 2nd (or 2).

#6 can be Smart or Vonleh.
LedZepp007
General Manager
And1: 3,523

Re: Trade for Lakers pick? 

Post#2 » by LedZepp007 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:36 pm

No way anyone does this
The Bulls are the absolute worst.
KingWing
Junior
And1: 168

Post#3 » by KingWing » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:40 pm

That would be a great deal, but I'm guessing they're wanting to trade the pick for an all star caliber player, which obviously the bucks don't have.

Edit: Except for the paying Gasol a ton of money part.

Sent from my HTC_One_mini_601e using RealGM Forums mobile app
TheWig
Sixth Man
And1: 593

Post#4 » by TheWig » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:50 pm

I could see us offering sanders for the #6 pick
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,896

Post#5 » by Plossum » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:02 pm

That's a very unrealistic trade for #6.

I think you'd have to add Sanders in for the Lakers to even bother considering it. Sanders+Knight+Illy? And why do you want Gasol coming back with an S&T? The last thing the Bucks want former veteran stars who will just take minutes from your young guys.

If somehow this trade went down you need to turn the keys over to #1/#6/Yanni. You need to remove impediments to these guys playing and that means not signing guys like Gasol.
#LockUpChuck
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#6 » by WRau1 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:16 pm

I'd trade anything we have except Giannis & our 1st for another top 10 pick. I'd also take back salary but not longer than 2 years.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
hege53190
Head Coach
And1: 2,671

Post#7 » by hege53190 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:16 pm

I was actually thinking of a Laker pick trade. It is on the table that is for sure and depending on what LA wants to do; it could be a good match.

LA has a ton of cap space and an attractive destination. Their problem is they don't have anyone on their roster. They need a team to compete and it is difficult to get good players on the cheap.

Here is my proposal.

Bucks Trade: Henson, Middleton, Wolters, Radujlica, #31, #47

LA Trades: #6, Steve Nash

Why for Milwaukee: They need impact talent. This gives them a chance to get that.
Why for LA: They need cheap talent if they want to compete with Kobe. This gives them that. Before this trade they have 4 contracts and 2 NBA caliber players on their books for $35 million. After this trade they have 9 contracts and 7 (Kobe, Marshall, Henson, Middleton, Wolters, Raduljica, 31)? quality NBA players under contract for $30 million.

That leaves 3 roster spots and roughly $33 million to fill them. Say they add Carmello ($20 million) and Gortat ($9 million) plus a vet that wants to live in LA and be on a contender. That would leave LA with

Marshall
Kobe
Carmello
Henson
Gortat

Bench
Middleton
$4 million vet
Wolters
Radjulica
Sacre

That team makes the playoffs and depending on how Kobe comes back could make a run and be a darkhorse contender for the title.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#8 » by WRau1 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:20 pm

That team is poop. Lakers have to be built around Kobe with 3&D players at the wing and defenders in the frontcourt.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,291

Post#9 » by KidA24 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:20 pm

The only way the Lakers trade that pick is for Kevin Love.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
hege53190
Head Coach

Post#10 » by hege53190 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:36 pm

WRau1 wrote:That team is poop. Lakers have to be built around Kobe with 3&D players at the wing and defenders in the frontcourt.

Can you give me a realistic off-season example that is better? The Lakers aren't exactly in great shape right now. They don't have anyone on the roster and while they have salary cap space Kobe and Nash take up an unbelievably large portion of it and need 7 more players in the $24 odd million they have left after they make the 6th pick in the draft.

The team that I assembled wins 50. Even in the West.
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#11 » by Chapter29 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:42 pm

My take is that the Lakers want to get better quickly and don't have time for a rookie / rebuild.

Meaning Knight and Ersan isn't happening. That isn't getting better.

I could maybe see if they stay put at 6, a Sanders based trade. Sadly I fear both LA and Boston magically moving up into the top 3.

I would be all over Sanders for the 6th pick. That would put us with a nice young team that wont likely win and give us one more dip into the draft for another top 8 pick. Noah Vonleh anyone? Doubt it they'd do it.

For me trying to move that 31st pick up to say the late teens would be my goal. Try and target perhaps an Andreian Payne.

None the less ....I definitely look to move Mayo, Knight and Ersan with the overall goal of youth and picks.
Giannis
is
UponUs
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#12 » by WEFFPIM » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:43 pm

I'd trade 3/4 of our roster for another lotto pick
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
hege53190
Head Coach

Post#13 » by hege53190 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:56 pm

Chapter29 wrote:
None the less ....I definitely look to move Mayo, Knight and Ersan with the overall goal of youth and picks.

Can somebody please explain to me moving Knight for Youth and picks? The guy is 3 months younger and 5 months older than the two Rookie of the year candidates and he had a season that wasn't much worse than either of them. Granted it was a terrible race but Knight isn't going to fetch much in a trade and if we are looking for youth, a player like Knight is probably the type we target.

As for Ersan and Mayo, good luck trading either of them and not having to INCLUDE Youth and picks.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#14 » by Newz » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:10 pm

hege53190 wrote:Bucks Trade: Henson, Middleton, Wolters, Radujlica, #31, #47

LA Trades: #6, Steve Nash

:rofl:
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,283

Post#15 » by xTitan » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:12 pm

You won't find a team dumb enough to take Sanders contract for nothing at this point, awful signing.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,750

Post#16 » by Licensed to Il » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:17 pm

If the Lakers want to field a playoff team around Kobe in these next 2 years, they need to move that pick for a package of 3-4 young vets that can fill out a rotation and play at an above average level, while having reasonable value contracts. Sanders, Knight, and a 2nd rounder allow them to fill in some huge roster gaps with players ready to play prime time minutes.

I think there is a deal to be made here for both teams, and I predict in the months ahead this board will make 900 attempts at it.
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#17 » by Chapter29 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:22 pm

hege53190 wrote:
Chapter29 wrote:

Can somebody please explain to me moving Knight for Youth and picks? The guy is 3 months younger and 5 months older than the two Rookie of the year candidates and he had a season that wasn't much worse than either of them. Granted it was a terrible race but Knight isn't going to fetch much in a trade and if we are looking for youth, a player like Knight is probably the type we target.

As for Ersan and Mayo, good luck trading either of them and not having to INCLUDE Youth and picks.

For me its pretty simple. I really don't care much about role players at this point and guys like this are going to win you games, but not enough games to matter. Efficiency matters. They will keep you mediocre essentially. From a team building strategy I would effectively do the OKC approach. Of course you can't assume their success so you have to keep flipping these type of players to get a few more swings at the plate.

We need to find our Batman, Robin or perhaps in this years draft...Superman....maybe?
Giannis
is
UponUs
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM
And1: 1,417

Post#18 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:29 pm

I think the best offer we could make would be Knight/Henson/Sanders or Ilyasova. I would do it, but I don't think L.A. does.
BucksRuleAll22 wrote:Calvin Johnson is horrible and not a top WR.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#19 » by raferfenix » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:35 pm

I would trade anything but Giannis and our pick for the Lakers pick.

Sanders / Henson / Knight / Middleton for Lakers pick / Nash works in trade checker.

If the Lakers' goal is to nab young guys who have room for improvement but can also help them win now, that might be enticing for them.

For the Bucks we lose lots of complimentary pieces, but gain another shot at a star in this draft as well as set ourselves up for an exciting tank team next year.

If Nash can play any games at all that'd be gravy. Would love to see him and Giannis (plus whoever we pick) in the open court.
hege53190
Head Coach

Post#20 » by hege53190 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:55 pm

Chapter29 wrote:
hege53190 wrote:
Chapter29 wrote:

For me its pretty simple. I really don't care much about role players at this point and guys like this are going to win you games, but not enough games to matter. Efficiency matters. They will keep you mediocre essentially. From a team building strategy I would effectively do the OKC approach. Of course you can't assume their success so you have to keep flipping these type of players to get a few more swings at the plate.

We need to find our Batman, Robin or perhaps in this years draft...Superman....maybe?

Sure but Knight, Mayo and Ersan don't really fit anything you describe except for Knight as the type of player we should try to acquire.

I also love how everyone touts the OKC model and forgets that they had incredible luck getting the Durant pick (who happens to be the best player drafted in the past decade and the bucks who actually tanked that year had a worse record than the Thunder) also had an owner that stole the playbook from Major League (the movie) as the purpose behind the elongated rebuild.

The much more likely scenario is the recent Bucks, wizards, Post 2010 cavs, Minnesota, or Philadelphia. I am all for a strategically placed tank. It should just not be a place that you plan to live for an extended period of time.

In 2014 it is all about asset management. Dumping Knight is not smart asset management. Using assets to get rid of Ersan and Mayo is not smart asset management.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks