ImageImage

Trade Ideas - Bledsoe signs with Suns 5/$70 pg 106

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,976

Re: Off Season Trade Ideas (also Bledsoe watch) 

Post#1681 » by Badgerlander » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:43 pm

baubo wrote:
DocHoliday wrote:I completely agree with everything you said. If it's just Sessions I'd expect that we'll get back one of the Gee, Hopson, or Powell nongtd deals when they can be traded after 9/15, plus maybe a 2nd. I wouldn't be surprised if the Rockets were interested in making Zaza part of the deal though, not that he is necessarily worth much especially if we can clear his contract for an ungtd player. Ersan could be dealt using Lin's trade exception but then the Rockets wouldn't be able to use the MLE to sign Papanikolaou so they'll be paying Tax. I think Ersan gets moved before the season starts. I wouldn't be surprised of we are talking with the Suns as well but that they are waiting on Bledsoe before making a trade.

The Rockets won't over the tax line with a hypothetical Ilyasova trade even if only the TE and picks are used. Papanikalaou's contract is only $4.8mil. And from everything coming out of Houston, they are willing to pay the tax. They are hard capped at $81mil because of the Ariza S&T, but that's a long way from their current salary of around $61mil. $66 after Papa signing. ~$74 should they trade for Ilyasova.

I believe the tax line is like 67mil, but like you said they've paid it before. Don't forget that you have 14 gtd contracts right now so if you add Sessions and Ersan they'd probably send a player back our way.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#1682 » by raferfenix » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:38 pm

If the Rockets want to drop cap to pick up someone like Rondo or Bledsoe next offseason, it's worth noting that Ersan or Zaza would be more tradeable (perhaps even some positive asset value) since they'll only have a year left on their deals.

Would Houston only be sign and trading Sessions for a one year deal too? He certainly could be a backup to any of those guys if they'd be giving him a longer contract, and would be similarly tradeable if it's an ending deal.

Morey is also perhaps the most creative GM in the league so he could probably make it happen however which way if he's motivated to do so.

Taking a step back, there are probably few other options available as cheaply as Ersan / Zaza who could help the Rockets fill holes in their rosters as well. But again it comes down to Morey's motivation to win more this season vs more cleanly setting Houston up for future signings.
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#1683 » by Badgerlander » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:40 pm

S & T is a minimum 3yr deal

Spoiler:

yoshii8
Sixth Man
And1: 276

Post#1684 » by yoshii8 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:58 pm

WOJ BOMB ALERT. He's saying we traded for Jared Dudley.
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#1685 » by mlloyd10 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:55 pm

So all we have to do is trade Ilyasova to the Rockets for the TPE and then we can sign Blesdoe outright 4/56
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#1686 » by mlloyd10 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:58 pm

Did know where to put this

[tweet]https://twitter.com/GeryWoelfel/status/504371275914280960[/tweet]

Gery being Gery
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#1687 » by Badgerlander » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:58 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/504371054748250112[/tweet]

Spoiler:

Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#1688 » by Badgerlander » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:19 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/504376481191972866[/tweet]

Spoiler:

emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,647

Post#1689 » by emunney » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:32 pm

The Kevin Love dominoes keep falling!
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#1690 » by Bernman » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:16 am

Sessions for Motiejunas

That makes us more flexible with Henson, and the 500k gained from the Delfino trade a little more flexible in trading for Bledsoe. Henson + Knight for Bledsoe.

Sanders/Zaza/Motiejunas
Ersan/Parker/Motiejunas
Giannis/Parker/Dudley
Middleton/Dudley/Bayless or Mayo
Bledsoe/Wolters or Marshall

Then, if not well above .500, flip a bunch of vets like Ersan for picks at the deadline, accumulate volume in that department, and go young for the second half of the season. Gain experience for Parker, see what we have in Motie, Marshall, Wolters, Middleton, etc. Then we can retain the appropriate guys, and really try to win in '15-'16 with several young core players, several young role players, and all those 1st rd picks, including one top 10 in '14-'15, already in the holster.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
eagle13
Head Coach
And1: 107

Post#1691 » by eagle13 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:52 am

Makes no sense for Rockets to do a trade that gets Ersan and sends out Montejunas. They like Monte and he shoots 3pt OK and will improve and he's still on rookie contract. So why would they want Ersan?

Zaza makes sense since they traded Asik. Sessions or Knight makes sense to cover PG

also lux tax starts at 72 I believe
hamslam
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#1692 » by hamslam » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:56 am

I found this when looking at the suns board...Someone really wants them some Jennings

Kerrsed wrote:
phrazbit wrote:Couple things. We'd have Milsap's Bird Rights, true, but being able to match any offer only applies to restricted free agents.

Also, Jennings could in no stretch of the imagination fill the role that Bledsoe does. He is an abysmal defensive player, and a pretty questionable offensive talent too. Jennings is purely a gunner, a straight up ball hog, but one who absolutely sucks at shooting.

I would not want Jennings at any price. In my opinion, he is a straight up bad player.

Ball hog? You mean the guy who average 2 more assists per game than our own Goran Dragic? Jennings was in the top 10 for assists last season. And that was on a super suckage Detroit team. Imagine what he could do with a team that had players who could actually shoot! As for his shooting, its not as bad as the numbers look. The Pistons were pretty damn bad last year. There were plenty of times that the shot clock was winding down and the ball gets passed to Jennings at the last second to bail them out. Running our duel-PG system would take some of that pressure off Jennings and allow Dragic to set him up instead of him always having to set himself up.

He is Young, has no injury history at all, can score the ball in many different ways and is a great passer. He is still on a decent priced contract. Of course he can replicate everything Bledsoe does, no one can, but he could help fill the gap nicely in other ways when Bledsoe is gone.

As for attitude, everyone thought that with his talent and swagger that he would be per-madonna, but he has actually been quite the opposite. He played in Milwaukee for christs sake, and never had a bad thing to say about it. He then gets traded to that hell hole known as Detroit (fun fact: You cant spell Detroit without Riot!), and still has not bad mouthed the town or asked to be traded to better city.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x81iKi2goUQ[/youtube]

The video i really wanted to post wont let me due to the fact that the address in the link has letter close to a curse word, so the curse filter blocks it out, but do yourself a favor and watch this video:

http://youtu.be/NsvtKWhf Vck (Take out the space inbetween f & V)

Add in that you are ALSO getting Milsap, who is actually the main piece in the trade. I'd take that deal any day of the week and twice on Sunday!
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,685

Post#1693 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:00 am

Someone needs to make a top 10 Brandon Knight plays video stat!
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
baubo
Sixth Man
And1: 1,274

Post#1694 » by baubo » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:12 am

DocHoliday wrote:I believe the tax line is like 67mil, but like you said they've paid it before. Don't forget that you have 14 gtd contracts right now so if you add Sessions and Ersan they'd probably send a player back our way.

No. You are probably thinking of the salary cap.

http://fullyclips.com/2014/07/09/nba-salary-cap-set/

http://cbafaq.com/blog/?p=304
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#1695 » by Badgerlander » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:41 am

baubo wrote:
DocHoliday wrote:I believe the tax line is like 67mil, but like you said they've paid it before. Don't forget that you have 14 gtd contracts right now so if you add Sessions and Ersan they'd probably send a player back our way.

No. You are probably thinking of the salary cap.

http://fullyclips.com/2014/07/09/nba-salary-cap-set/

http://cbafaq.com/blog/?p=304

sorry, I meant apron

Spoiler:

RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,159

Post#1696 » by RRyder823 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:06 am

What does our cap situation look like going into next offseason assuming Dudley opts out??? I only ask cause it looks like to me if the Suns aren't able to work out a S&T I believe Bledsoe will end up signing the QO. Curious if we'd have the room to throw the kind of money at him next year that he's looking for.

Even if we'd have to pay him the max next offseason I'd have to believe that most of us would be ok with adding Bledsoe, even if it's for the max at 4 years, and a potential top 5 pick next year to go with Giannis and Parker
emunney
RealGM

Post#1697 » by emunney » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:55 am

RRyder823 wrote:What does our cap situation look like going into next offseason assuming Dudley opts out??? I only ask cause it looks like to me if the Suns aren't able to work out a S&T I believe Bledsoe will end up signing the QO. Curious if we'd have the room to throw the kind of money at him next year that he's looking for.

Even if we'd have to pay him the max next offseason I'd have to believe that most of us would be ok with adding Bledsoe, even if it's for the max at 4 years, and a potential top 5 pick next year to go with Giannis and Parker

As long as we don't make any more major commitments (Brandon Knight), we should have plenty of space to sign him outright next summer even if Dudley stays.
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#1698 » by Badgerlander » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:41 am

emunney wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:What does our cap situation look like going into next offseason assuming Dudley opts out??? I only ask cause it looks like to me if the Suns aren't able to work out a S&T I believe Bledsoe will end up signing the QO. Curious if we'd have the room to throw the kind of money at him next year that he's looking for.

As long as we don't make any more major commitments (Brandon Knight), we should have plenty of space to sign him outright next summer even if Dudley stays.

48mil (not including Duds) before cap holds for Knight(8.9mil)+Middleton(1.2mil)+Marshall(.95mil), so about 59mil plus whatever our 1st round pick will be. Not enough space to go after Bledsoe.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/milwa ... am-salary/

Spoiler:

emunney
RealGM

Post#1699 » by emunney » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:58 pm

DocHoliday wrote:
emunney wrote:

DocHoliday wrote:
48mil (not including Duds) before cap holds for Knight(8.9mil)+Middleton(1.2mil)+Marshall(.95mil), so about 59mil plus whatever our 1st round pick will be. Not enough space to go after Bledsoe.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/milwa ... am-salary/

I stand corrected. Not sure why you're factoring in Knight and Marshall, though. They are both FAs who would be shown the door in the case of signing Bledsoe. The real figure is $53,228,304.00 plus the pick (with Dudley factored in, and assuming you want to keep Middleton in this scenario, which I do). Salary cap expected to rise to 66.5... it would still be possible to create room without making a trade if we stretched Mayo, but that's not within the boundaries of what I claimed.
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#1700 » by Badgerlander » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:13 pm

emunney wrote:
DocHoliday wrote:
emunney wrote:

I stand corrected. Not sure why you're factoring in Knight and Marshall, though. They are both FAs who would be shown the door in the case of signing Bledsoe. The real figure is $53,228,304.00 plus the pick (with Dudley factored in, and assuming you want to keep Middleton in this scenario, which I do). Salary cap expected to rise to 66.5... it would still be possible to create room without making a trade if we stretched Mayo, but that's not within the boundaries of what I claimed.

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Knight if we acquired Bledsoe though (Obviously not considering cap implications). While not the greatest spacing wise a Bledsoe/Knight/Giannis/Parker/Sanders lineup could be a lot of fun especially on the defensive side of the ball. While Marshall does have some things to prove I'm still hoping that he can be a nice change of pace PnR off the bench to the surely ISO heavy starting lineup. A Marshall/Middleton/Inglis/JOB/Henson lineup seems fairly balanced if Marshall+Inglis can hit consistently from 3. Regardless I think that there is more to come this offseason.

Spoiler:

Return to Milwaukee Bucks