ImageImage

Would you prefer a new Bucks broadcast duo? (Poll)

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Would you prefer a new Bucks broadcast duo?

Yes, it's time for new voices to call the action.
77%
No, I'd prefer Jim Paschke and Jon McGlocklin/Sidney Moncrief remain in their current roles.
23%

Total votes: 195

Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Re: Would you prefer a new Bucks broadcast duo? (Poll) 

Post#61 » by Ill-yasova » Fri May 30, 2014 5:31 pm

Newz wrote:I will agree that Ted Davis would be awesome and an upgrade over the guys we have in place now. Would he even want to do TV though? He seems to enjoy the radio quite a bit.

You can't see his Jack and Coke over the radio. :D
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,834

Post#62 » by coolhandluke121 » Fri May 30, 2014 5:36 pm

I think Godleavy could be a great announcer one day. Not real strong ties to the Bucks, but at least it's something. When he hangs them up, he'll be really good at something related to the NBA, whether it's coaching or front office or announcing.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,845

Post#63 » by paulpressey25 » Fri May 30, 2014 5:41 pm

Despite my joking last night about the vote tally, I don't view this as a priority.

On one hand, we will always associate Jim's dulcet tones with that of Baghdad Bob during the worst days. On the other hand, it would be nice to hear both Jim and John with something good to work with, which they will have now. They probably deserve a reward by being able to do some games during the good times.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,244

Post#64 » by jakecronus8 » Fri May 30, 2014 5:44 pm

When Bogut retires he'd be awesome/hilarious as the color guy.
Do it for Chuck
BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#65 » by BobbyLight » Fri May 30, 2014 6:30 pm

Former players I'd be cool with....

Ray Allen
Michael Redd
Desmond Mason
Andrew Bogut
Damon Jones

Sam Cassell would actually be my first choice, but he's coaching.

So that leaves my ultimate want of a former player to be.....

Carlos Delfino.

/end thread
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#66 » by europa » Fri May 30, 2014 6:31 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:When Bogut retires he'd be awesome/hilarious as the color guy.

Absolutely. My guess is when he retires, though, he leaves the NBA behind completely. He doesn't strike me as a lifer.
Nothing will not break me.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#67 » by Badgerlander » Fri May 30, 2014 6:36 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:When Bogut retires he'd be awesome/hilarious as the color guy.

I've worked with Aussies that are a lot easier to understand than Bogut though.

BobbyLight wrote:Former players I'd be cool with....

Ray Allen
Michael Redd
Desmond Mason
Andrew Bogut
Damon Jones

Sam Cassell would actually be my first choice, but he's coaching.

So that leaves my ultimate want of a former player to be.....

Carlos Delfino.

/end thread

Sam is hilarious, but he is really difficult to understand when he gets on a role too.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#68 » by europa » Fri May 30, 2014 6:39 pm

Sam is impossible to understand about 95% of the time. I'm convinced that's why he didn't get more Ts during his career. Same with Moses Malone. Nobody knew what the hell Moses was saying on the court much of the time.
Nothing will not break me.
BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#69 » by BobbyLight » Fri May 30, 2014 6:42 pm

Sam and Delfino were sarcastic suggestions. I think they would be f**king awesome, but not for the right reasons.

Another solid choice:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56GL0ayF9Fs[/youtube]
jtf150
Bench Warmer
And1: 155

Post#70 » by jtf150 » Sat May 31, 2014 1:55 am

Paschke is just ok(sure not Eddie Doucette), McGlocklin is past his prime. It wouldn't be a bad thing to bring in new blood with new ownership and new hope.
“I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''” - Muhammad Ali
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,562

Post#71 » by chonestown » Sat May 31, 2014 2:36 am

Step 1: Keep Jon McGlocklin.
Step 2: Add in John McLaughlin of the "McLaughlin Group"
Step 3: Replace Streetlife with John McLaughlin, the jazz guitarist
Step 4: Adopt "Miles Runs the Voodoo Down" as the new Milwaukee Bucks theme song
Step 5: Profit!
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

MickeyDavis: "OT Pants is gone forever. Cherish the Memory." (3/28/23)
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#72 » by Chuck Diesel » Sat May 31, 2014 8:55 pm

There are some very talented play by play and color guys around the league who I feel enhance the viewing experience for fans of their team. Disagree with the assertion that Jim is as good as it gets.
ReddWing
Banned User
And1: 808

Post#73 » by ReddWing » Sat May 31, 2014 9:39 pm

Why do people hate Paschke? I get that he is a shill but then again, so is everyone posting on this website. How many of you with well paying jobs would publicly take a dump on your boss?

I don't think he calls a bad game. I have watched other broadcast teams and they are generally terrible. I honestly think Duke/Mac are a country mile better than some of these other jabronis I have been forced to listen to when FSW plays fishing/HS Wrestling instead of the NBA.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,492

Post#74 » by JayMKE » Sat May 31, 2014 9:43 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:There are some very talented play by play and color guys around the league who I feel enhance the viewing experience for fans of their team. Disagree with the assertion that Jim is as good as it gets.

Who? I watched a lot of other broadcasts as I don't live in Milwaukee anymore and besides the major markets, most other team's announcers are insufferable homers and totally grating on the ears.

Jim and Jon are pretty good considering what they have to work with, Pashchke is a company man because that's his job. It wouldn't be any different with anyone else they'd hire.
FREE GIANNIS
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,315

Post#75 » by trwi7 » Sat May 31, 2014 9:55 pm

ReddWing wrote:Why do people hate Paschke? I get that he is a shill but then again, so is everyone posting on this website. How many of you with well paying jobs would publicly take a dump on your boss?

It's not the shill part, it's the superiority complex.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Zeezprah
Analyst
And1: 1,569

Post#76 » by Zeezprah » Sat May 31, 2014 10:01 pm

bogut is a pretty funny dude, wouldn't mind him at all, but yea, after retiring think he's on the next flight to melbourne.

think he'll set up some type of basketball academy and ride out his days working on his american muscle cars.
Zeezprah
Analyst
And1: 1,569

Post#77 » by Zeezprah » Sat May 31, 2014 10:07 pm

JayMKE wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:There are some very talented play by play and color guys around the league who I feel enhance the viewing experience for fans of their team. Disagree with the assertion that Jim is as good as it gets.

Who? I watched a lot of other broadcasts as I don't live in Milwaukee anymore and besides the major markets, most other team's announcers are insufferable homers and totally grating on the ears.

Jim and Jon are pretty good considering what they have to work with, Pashchke is a company man because that's his job. It wouldn't be any different with anyone else they'd hire.

yea i agree. while i think we should go in a different direction, it's mostly due to the fact jon is basically done and sidney is trash. jim isn't horrible though.

like you said, some of the guys around the league are absolutely awful. believe the clippers ones were terrible iirc, and most of them just act like all their players are all stars and the other team is garbage. at least jim and jon always gave credit where it was due imo. i've even heard compliments about them from fans of other teams.

i actually think a 3 man team would be cool. like a serious guy (like a good play by play), a funnier guy who does the ribbing (like charles barkley or jalen rose) and then like a former player for his insight and personal experience.
ReddWing
Banned User

Post#78 » by ReddWing » Sun Jun 1, 2014 12:04 am

trwi7 wrote:
It's not the shill part, it's the superiority complex.

I'll agree with you about that. :lol:
ReddWing
Banned User

Post#79 » by ReddWing » Sun Jun 1, 2014 12:16 am

JayMKE wrote:

Completely agree. I think people here are a bit spoiled in terms of talk radio, sports hosts, and announcing. I know people like to dog them but WSSP is far more entertaining than the generic geeks/homers I have heard driving across the country.

The Brewers obviously have a top notch crew on TV/radio. Larrivee is one of the best voices in sports. Lepay, in my opinion, is brilliant for the Badgers. Ted Davis is hilarious every night watching a pile of triceratops dung. Homer and McIlvaine call a great game. Even that dude who does the Admirals is pretty exciting to listen to.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#80 » by Chuck Diesel » Thu Jun 5, 2014 5:04 am

JayMKE wrote:

I also have league pass and don't share your opinion. Off the top of my head I definitely prefer calls from the New Orleans, Washington, Golden State, Chicago, Portland, New York, Brooklyn, Charlotte, Clippers, Sixers, Grizzlies, Raptors and Mavericks broadcasts.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks