ImageImage

Middle of the pack (familiar territory)- '15 NBA Draft Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

cinematographer
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,697

Re: Lets go for the REPEAT tank title!: '15 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#121 » by cinematographer » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:41 am

SupremeHustle wrote:Is Dekker a 2 or 3 in the NBA?

A 3 or a stretch 4. No chance at the 2.
BUCKSFORLIFE
Banned User
And1: 24

Post#122 » by BUCKSFORLIFE » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:28 am

Yeah lets be worthless and hope we can draft another overweight lazy player who is not even close to NBA ready and hope 3-4 years from next year he turns into a good role player. If anything you should have learned from this year. Parker is no where near the hype he was given. We all should have listened to Jerry West who said this draft class was not that good. He was right. So lets do that again, great idea! The Seattle Bucks doesn't sound so good but is becoming more a reality as each day passes.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,608

Post#123 » by emunney » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:41 am

BUCKSFORLIFE wrote:Yeah lets be worthless and hope we can draft another overweight lazy player who is not even close to NBA ready and hope 3-4 years from next year he turns into a good role player. If anything you should have learned from this year. Parker is no where near the hype he was given. We all should have listened to Jerry West who said this draft class was not that good. He was right. So lets do that again, great idea! The Seattle Bucks doesn't sound so good but is becoming more a reality as each day passes.

I take it you have a plan to be good this year.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,157

Post#124 » by RRyder823 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:59 am

BUCKSFORLIFE wrote:Yeah lets be worthless and hope we can draft another overweight lazy player who is not even close to NBA ready and hope 3-4 years from next year he turns into a good role player. If anything you should have learned from this year. Parker is no where near the hype he was given. We all should have listened to Jerry West who said this draft class was not that good. He was right. So lets do that again, great idea! The Seattle Bucks doesn't sound so good but is becoming more a reality as each day passes.

I'm not a big " hey lets tank" guy.... In fact I don't think it's as much as a possibility as some others do around here but damn there's some hate in this post. How is Jabari lazy??? Pretty much everything reported about him is he has the work ethic to be great. If you think he's lazy because you think he's overweight then damn.... I don't even think he's really overweight considering he's going to be playing the 4 for us but whatever. He just needs to work on his cardio as does pretty much every rookie. Maybe lose like 10 pounds if he wants to shut up people who try and call him fat but really if your not sporting a 6 pack yourself you really shouldn't be calling him fat.

As for he's no where near the hype that was given comment how can you even make that claim???lol Because of a few summer league games that he didn't score 30 points?

Tanking might not be the answer, I'd go with Bledsoe however unlikely, and I don't even think it's all that likely this coming season that we'll be top 3-5 bad but to try and use us ending up with Jabari freakin Parker after being bad last season as a reason not to tank is ridiculous. I gotta think your trolling and I should know better then to feed the trolls but damn... Just damn lol
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,705

Post#125 » by AussieBuck » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:05 am

mattg wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:He wouldn't play for Barca because he wouldn't be good enough. There'd be other teams happy to play him.

Not on a 1 year deal making 1.2 million though.

I'm not going to pretend to know the pay or tax rates of either option. Maybe he'll get a good shoe deal in China.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
emunney
RealGM

Post#126 » by emunney » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:10 am

Europe would be better for him long term even if he didn't play much.
BUCKSFORLIFE
Banned User

Post#127 » by BUCKSFORLIFE » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:21 am

RRyder823 wrote:

I'm not a big " hey lets tank" guy.... In fact I don't think it's as much as a possibility as some others do around here but damn there's some hate in this post. How is Jabari lazy??? Pretty much everything reported about him is he has the work ethic to be great. If you think he's lazy because you think he's overweight then damn.... I don't even think he's really overweight considering he's going to be playing the 4 for us but whatever. He just needs to work on his cardio as does pretty much every rookie. Maybe lose like 10 pounds if he wants to shut up people who try and call him fat but really if your not sporting a 6 pack yourself you really shouldn't be calling him fat.

As for he's no where near the hype that was given comment how can you even make that claim???lol Because of a few summer league games that he didn't score 30 points?

Tanking might not be the answer, I'd go with Bledsoe however unlikely, and I don't even think it's all that likely this coming season that we'll be top 3-5 bad but to try and use us ending up with Jabari freakin Parker after being bad last season as a reason not to tank is ridiculous. I gotta think your trolling and I should know better then to feed the trolls but damn... Just damn lol

First off. Let's get this strait. He is overweight. how do you become this overweight just finishing the college season in march a knowing you are (a) a top 3 pick and (b) have a chance to start on what was last year a very bad team. Secondly Jacking up the kind of shots we saw in the Summer League doesn't bode well for the future either. Anyone who was not disappointed in what we saw is LYING. Remember Jabari is suppose to be the most NBA ready player there was. At this point I don't expect anything positive from this guy this year at all. Maybe the year after who knows. This guy was suppose to be young superstar type. He is not at this point and I would say it's more of a stretch now than I even thought it was before the draft.
BUCKSFORLIFE
Banned User

Post#128 » by BUCKSFORLIFE » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:26 am

emunney wrote:

Most certainly I do.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#129 » by Jez2983 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:29 am

BUCKSFORLIFE wrote:
emunney wrote:

Most certainly I do.

trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
emunney
RealGM

Post#130 » by emunney » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:43 pm

BUCKSFORLIFE wrote:
emunney wrote:

Most certainly I do.

I think I'll just take your word for it.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#131 » by Newz » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:09 pm

emunney wrote:
BUCKSFORLIFE wrote:Most certainly I do.

I think I'll just take your word for it.

Still think we are dumb for not going with my plan.

Sign LeBron and Bosh, trade for Durant and Noah.

I guess I'll settle for FATBARI PORKER. :(
jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,151

Post#132 » by jr lucosa » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:23 pm

Just looking at some of the guards in the CBA last year, at least he'll be going up against some guys with NBA experience. We all know Marbury, but also guys like Dominque Jones, Quincy Douby, Bobby Brown, Royal Ivey, Damien Wilkins, Delonte West, Jerel McNeal, Sun Yue.

Not the greatest list of talent, but it could be worse.
PANDEMONEUM
Analyst
And1: 403

Post#133 » by PANDEMONEUM » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:51 pm

2014-15 SMU Non-Conference Schedule

Fri. Nov. 14 Lamar
Mon. Nov. 17 at Gonzaga
Thu. Nov. 20 at Indiana
Sat. Nov. 22 Eastern Washington
Tue. Nov. 25 Arkansas
Wed. Nov. 26 Texas Southern
Sun. Nov. 30 Monmouth
Fri. Dec. 5 Wyoming
Mon. Dec. 8 UC Santa Barbara
Wed. Dec. 17 Illinois-Chicago
Sat. Dec. 20 at Michigan

American Athletic Conference
UCF
Cincinnati
Ucon
ECU = east carolina
Houston
Memphis
USF = south florida
Temple
Tulane
Tulsa

so, how much better competition is that, than the Chinese league ?
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,837

Post#134 » by VooDoo7 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:55 pm

BUCKSFORLIFE wrote:
emunney wrote:

Most certainly I do.
Oh, please do share. I beg you. :lol:
BUCKSFORLIFE
Banned User

Post#135 » by BUCKSFORLIFE » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:21 am

VooDoo7 wrote:
BUCKSFORLIFE wrote:
emunney wrote:

Most certainly I do.
Oh, please do share. I beg you. :lol:

OK you asked for it so why not? Before you criticize or make jokes, please explain why this plan would not succeed. Please consider all the points I make, don't just pick out one or two to try to downplay the whole proposal.

First off the premise of the following moves is to try to assemble a team similar to what is in San Antonio. Team first players is very important. Also players who hustle and are willing to be coached. Also the roster would consist of players who are flexible and who each are known for a specific talent such as 3 point shooting, defense, rebounding, penetrating, passing etc. This team would have 3 players at each position who could fill a specific need depending on match ups etc. Lastly the team should consist of mostly young players with only a few Veterans. Those Veterans should be players who can be replaced in a couple to three years with not much difficulty.

This proposal takes in account for Cap flexibility.

This proposal is based on the importance of starting a winning atmosphere in Milwaukee. This can happen now. It does not have to be 2 to 3 years or longer and some posters suggest. I believe the longer this team is at the bottom of the league the harder it will be to pull itself back out. This belief is because of how hard it is to sign talented Free Agents unless we always overpay. If we were a consistent winning organization like in the past then that problem would be much less magnified.

I believe with this proposal the Bucks could win 50 games next season or very close. For surely we would win 50 games in season two. Why try to do that? The eastern division is not very good. There is no longer a dominant team. Miami, Indiana, New Jersey all took a step back. Getting to the 3 or 4 seed this upcoming year is possible. Who knows if a team is hot in the Playoff next season they could make it to the NBA finals.

So here goes my proposal.

Step one:

We do three team trade with Detroit and Houston. We trade Larry Sanders, Jabari Parker, Oj Mayo,Nate Wolters to Detroit. Detroit sends Josh smith, Brandon Jennings, And OJ Mayo, and their mid level trade exemption to Houston, We get Andre Drummond, Trevor Ariza, and Jeff Adrien

Here is why this trade could work. Houston is looking for scoring and to upgrade their team aster missing out in Free Agency. This give them what they need. Mayo might play much better there as I think he was just not motivated about being in Milwaukee. We have seen this before with other Free Agent signings.

Detroit is not a serious contender as it stands now. This gives them a coveted rookie in Parker, Sanders who could turn out to be a steal (Would not hold my breath) and a decent backup point guard prospect. Augustine can be their starter and now they have cap room to resign Monroe and some cap room for future moves.

This works for the Bucks because we get 21 year old who is already the best rebounder in the league who is also a good defender and who will only improve. He is on his rookie contract which is only 2.6 for next season. Giannis and him would be quite the combo. Lob city type action I can envision. Getting Ariza to be our starting SG gives us a great defender, rebounder and good 3 point shooting to help stretch the defense. He also has some nice moves to the basket. Ariza is a great athlete and is only 29. Should easily get good years out of him as he on a 4 year deal. Getting back Adrien gives us a good option for minutes at both PF or Center when we need a warrior type down low. He showed some good skills last season with a knack for getting to the line.

Step Two. Trade next years #1 pick and John Henson to the Pelicans for Ryan Anderson (26 years old). since these moves will push us towards a 50 win season. Keeping this pick isn't going to get us much in return. Henson has not shown much improvement and his attitude not going to fit what I stressed at the beginning of this proposal. Getting Ryan Anderson and his amazing quick release and shooting ability really stretches the floor for Ginannis and company to drive the lane. Having a top stretch 4 really helps this team and should keep the ball moving like we see in San Antonio. The Pelicans are a couple years away from being serious contenders in the strong Western Conference. They want to keep Asik and this free's up cap space to do so as well as gives them another draft pick.

Step Three Sign Ramon Session. We need a starting caliber experienced PG who can penetrate and get to the line. Ramon does that well. Ramon has improved his outside shooting so teams cant play off him anymore. Ramon is 6-4 and in the right scheme can be a good defender. Ramon is willing to pass the ball more than he given credit for when they are players around him who can score. We can get Ramon in a deal for about 4mil for 3 season. Ramon is 28 and still in the prime of his career.

So here would be our Roster with the exception of Bayless but it has not yet been confirmed if we signed him or not.

Starters

Ramon Sessions PG (Age 28) 4 million 3 years

Trevor Ariza SG (Age 29) 8.5 million 4 years

Giannis Antetokounmpo SF (Age 19) 1.9 million 4 years

Rayn Anderson PF (Age 26) 8.5 million 2 years

Andre Drummond C (Age 21) 2.6 million 3 years

2nd Unit

Kendall Marshall PG (Age 23) .9 million 1 year

Brandon Knight SG (Age 22) 3.8 million 2 years

Kris Middleton SF (Age 23) .9 million 2 years

Ersan Ilyosova PF (Age 27) 7.9 million 3 years

Zaza Paclulia C ( Age 30) 5.3 million 2 years

Last two on active roster

Jeff Adrian PF/C (Age 28) 1 million 1 year

Carlos Delfino G/SF (Age 32) 3.2 million 2 years

Non Active

Chris Wright F (Age 25) .9 million 2 years

Miroslav Raduljica C (Age 26) 1.5 million 2 years

Total Cap not counting rookie signings of 51 million

Depth Chart

PG Ramon Sessions, Kendall Marshall, Brandon Knight

SG Tevor Ariza, Brandon Knight, Carlos Delfino

SF Giannis Antetokounmpo, Kris Middleton, Trevor Ariza, Carlos Delfino

PF Ryan Anderson, Ersan Ilyosova, Andre Drummond, Jeff Adrien

C Andre Drummond, Zaza Pachulia, Jeff Adrien

This teams has great flexibility. Good mix of players who can stretch the floor with their outside shooting. Players who can take it to the basket. Giannis will become Milwaukee's version of Scottie Pippen. The most important thing about this team with be its depth. Our second unit will be by far the best second unit in the East. This is how this team wins 50+ games, Our starters keep the game close throughout but our superior bench gives us victories. We have a good mix of defense, superior rebounding, quality shooters and flexibility at each position depending on match-ups. If we instill an offense like in San Antonio we can win sooner rather than later. This team has a good mix of young and veteran players but gives us flexibility to add new parts as season comes. Maybe even a big upgrade here or there. Our Cap would be in very good shape to do those things.

Here is a performance projection on each player to help illustrate how successful a team built this way could be.
Starters

Ramon Sessions PG 10.0PPG 6ASST 3RB

Trevor Ariza SG 14.0PPG 3ASST 4RB

Giannis Antetokounmpo 10.0PPG 5ASST 6RB

Rayn Anderson PF 14.0PPG 1ASST 6RB

Andre Drummond C 10.0PPG 1ASST 12RB

2nd Unit

Kendall Marshall PG 6.0PPG 6ASST 1RB

Brandon Knight SG 12.0PPG 2ASST 2RB

Kris Middleton Sf 10.0 PPG 2 ASST 4RB

Ersan Ilyosova PF 10.0 PPG 2 ASST 6RB

Zaza Paclulia C 6.0PPG 3 ASST 4RB

Last two on active roster

Jeff Adrian PF/C 4.0 PPG 1 ASST 3RB

Carlos Delfino 3.0 PPG 1ASST 1RB

This team should score about 104.0 PPG Rebounding at 45 PG with 24 Assists PG. Our defense should be able to keep teams around 100 PG which should add up to 50 wins.

Thanks for reading my proposal. That the fire start now :)
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,551

Post#136 » by blazza18 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:24 am

No.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,593

Post#137 » by TroyD92 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:20 am

That team doesn't win **** either.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
emunney
RealGM

Post#138 » by emunney » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:41 pm

I think that team is actually worse than the current one.
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,830

Post#139 » by Plossum » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:02 pm

Given Drummond is one of the NBA's most prized assets I think your plan fails at step one.

But you wrote a lot of words, so well done.
#LockUpChuck
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#140 » by WRau1 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:52 pm

Yeah, no way DET gives up Drummond for that. How about you just clear a few million then offer Bledsoe the max, that would be a lot easier and more realistic. Then if you really want to get whacky, go trade for an under performing, over paid 2 guard that could possibly benefit from a trade. The NBA is full of those, Kevin Martin could be had for cheap if Love is traded, I'm sure the Pelicans would love to get rid of Gordon.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz

Return to Milwaukee Bucks