ImageImage

#31 - Inglis

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,367

Re: #31 - Inglis 

Post#221 » by M-C-G » Wed Jul 2, 2014 10:15 pm

LUKE23 wrote:The defensive potential of some of our players, most notably Inglis, Giannis, Sanders, and Henson, is crazy.

Do you think Inglis can play the 2?

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,606

Post#222 » by Balls2TheWalls » Wed Jul 2, 2014 10:15 pm

I really like Inglis as a new LRMAM defensively. Hopefully his jumper is better, but I like this pick a lot.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,367

Post#223 » by M-C-G » Wed Jul 2, 2014 10:22 pm

cinematographer wrote:Don't be surprised to see him at the 2. Don't be surprised if he starts at some point after a Knight trade -- or if he earns it on a status quo roster.

I've seen you and Luke mention SG. But then on scouting mention he lacks top end athleticism. Tell me why you think he could play some minutes there, maybe some examples of guys you think he could defend at the 2?

jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#224 » by jakecronus8 » Wed Jul 2, 2014 11:17 pm

Ultimately I think he's a defensive stopper off the bench. His foot speed will determine whether he defends 2-4 or just 3&4.
Do it for Chuck
cinematographer
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,697

Post#225 » by cinematographer » Wed Jul 2, 2014 11:39 pm

M-C-G wrote:
cinematographer wrote:Don't be surprised to see him at the 2. Don't be surprised if he starts at some point after a Knight trade -- or if he earns it on a status quo roster.

I've seen you and Luke mention SG. But then on scouting mention he lacks top end athleticism. Tell me why you think he could play some minutes there, maybe some examples of guys you think he could defend at the 2?

Think Kawhi: length, instincts and quick. He's a better athlete than Klay Thompson, who always guards the other team's best guard because Curry can't.

I know his French team was relegated, but there are very, very few cases of a player who's only 18 getting the run he did in that league.
cinematographer
Assistant Coach

Post#226 » by cinematographer » Wed Jul 2, 2014 11:42 pm

Don't be fooled by his high turnover rate running PnR: it isn't from bad passing but from being 6'8" and trying to dribble around three bodies. His handle is fantastic in ISOs and in transition, he just has to tighten it to make work in cramped quarters. It's further along than Paul George's when he came out.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,746

Post#227 » by Treebeard » Wed Jul 2, 2014 11:44 pm

cinematographer wrote:Don't be fooled by his high turnover rate running PnR: it isn't from bad passing but from being 6'8" and trying to dribble around three bodies. His handle is fantastic in ISOs and in transition, he just has to tighten it to make work in cramped quarters. It's further along than Paul George's when he came out.

You've watched him play?
cinematographer
Assistant Coach

Post#228 » by cinematographer » Wed Jul 2, 2014 11:50 pm

Treebeard wrote:
cinematographer wrote:Don't be fooled by his high turnover rate running PnR: it isn't from bad passing but from being 6'8" and trying to dribble around three bodies. His handle is fantastic in ISOs and in transition, he just has to tighten it to make work in cramped quarters. It's further along than Paul George's when he came out.

You've watched him play?

Every youtube video, and essentially four full games. Not as much as I've watched Bogdanovic, though.

I pretty much fell in love with Inglis when I saw his Euro step and his passing off of penetration.
cinematographer
Assistant Coach

Post#229 » by cinematographer » Wed Jul 2, 2014 11:52 pm

Nike Hoop Summit practice highlights:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXkUOmfmj74[/youtube]
Treebeard
Head Coach

Post#230 » by Treebeard » Wed Jul 2, 2014 11:57 pm

cinematographer wrote:
Treebeard wrote:

You've watched him play?

Every youtube video, and essentially four full games. Not as much as I've watched Bogdanovic, though.

I pretty much fell in love with Inglis when I saw his Euro step and his passing off of penetration.

What kind of leaper is he? I haven't found any measurements on that front.
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,883

Post#231 » by ampd » Thu Jul 3, 2014 12:07 am

cinematographer wrote:Nike Hoop Summit practice highlights:

Yeah after we drafted him i watched a bit of him and I like him quite a lot.

Unselfish, great size, can shoot the 3 (39% in France), plays multiple positions, seems like a good character guy and rebounder, and even DX has this to say:

Inglis' ball-handling in the open floor, passing ability and basketball IQ are likely his biggest selling points offensively

About as well as you could hope for from a 2nd rounder.
Treebeard
Head Coach

Post#232 » by Treebeard » Thu Jul 3, 2014 12:17 am

You'd think his body fat% has got to be pretty low - he doesn't look to me like he should be 240, or even close
wisconsinjr
Junior
And1: 29

Post#233 » by wisconsinjr » Thu Jul 3, 2014 3:05 am

Can't say enough about this kid and his potential. Such a smooth game for a guy his age. Was elated with this selection. For me it's definitely better than a GR3 pick would have been. He actually has standout basketball skills that you can see immediately when watching him ball. Excited for him to get healthy and eventually into the rotation.

We really have some talented youngsters at non guard positions that can handle the ball - and that's a benefit for any offense.
KingCammo wrote:I'm going to get "I heart Brandon Jennings" tattoed on my wang, fly over to Vegas and get that stupid **** commentator to suck it.
ampd
RealGM

Post#234 » by ampd » Thu Jul 3, 2014 3:52 am

Balls2TheWalls wrote:I really like Inglis as a new LRMAM defensively. Hopefully his jumper is better, but I like this pick a lot.

He shot almost 40% from 3 in the french league, Luc probably doesn't shoot 40% in practice.

This guy fits really well with Parker potentially also.
cinematographer
Assistant Coach

Post#235 » by cinematographer » Thu Jul 3, 2014 3:54 am

ampd wrote:
Balls2TheWalls wrote:I really like Inglis as a new LRMAM defensively. Hopefully his jumper is better, but I like this pick a lot.

He shot almost 40% from 3 in the french league, Luc probably doesn't shoot 40% in practice.

This guy fits really well with Parker potentially also.

If that 40% is his true talent level, my crush on Inglis will double the one I have on Middleton.

And I'd give my toes to keep Khris on the Bucks.
craig
Senior
And1: 128

Post#236 » by craig » Thu Jul 3, 2014 4:02 am

Seems like a fine pick. I wonder whether French-League quick and quick-enough-to-defend-NBA-2's are the same, though. I don't get the impression he's so amazingly quick/athletic that he can defend 2's.

We'll see. although probably not this year. He'll likely play very few minutes, and in irregular situations.
Bucks_MacGyver
Sixth Man
And1: 339

Post#237 » by Bucks_MacGyver » Thu Jul 3, 2014 5:31 am

ampd wrote:

Unselfish, great size, can shoot the 3 (39% in France), plays multiple positions, seems like a good character guy and rebounder, and even DX has this to say:

Inglis' ball-handling in the open floor, passing ability and basketball IQ are likely his biggest selling points offensively

Good character guy? Because no dui right

Seriously though I agree he looks like a luc Richard with some actual offensive skills

Sent from my SM-G900P using RealGM Forums mobile app
ampd
RealGM

Post#238 » by ampd » Thu Jul 3, 2014 5:41 am

Bucks_MacGyver wrote:
ampd wrote:

Good character guy? Because no dui right

Seriously though I agree he looks like a luc Richard with some actual offensive skills

Sent from my SM-G900P using RealGM Forums mobile app

He might beat his wife, idunno
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#239 » by Ruzious » Thu Jul 3, 2014 6:30 am

Ron Swanson wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:
Exactly. No reason this kid shouldn't be getting all the garbage time SF/SG minutes. Can probably play a little PF too given his size (6'8.5 240 lb).

You find minutes for him and O'Bryant wherever you can. No more Delfino, Zaza, or Caron Butlers of the world relegating our prospects to the bench.

We also don't need the O'Bryants of the world. Inglis should continue playing overseas. He's too raw to consider playing him in the NBA now - tanking or not.

Giannis was also considered "too raw" to be playing in the NBA last year as well. Hammond said that Inglis is coming over to play this year, and I don't see how that can be anything but beneficial for his long term development.

I doubt that O'Bryant ever amounts to anything either, but you need to actually play these guys meaningful minutes before you can conclude that. Lest we forget about a certain Tobias Harris debacle...

With O'Bryant, there are 3 years of college ball to look at - and he clearly didn't excel. As for playing him, you watch practice - If he excels in practice, then you consider playing him. You do NOT play him for the sake of playing him - he's got to earn it in practice - period. You don't learn anything by not earning minutes - and just being handed them because he's young.

We'll agree to strongly disagree on the wisdom of playing Inglis next season. If he comes over to the US, he should be in the D League all season. If you want to use a guide of a player successfully developed in his situation, look at how Ilyasova developed.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
wisconsinjr
Junior
And1: 29

Post#240 » by wisconsinjr » Thu Jul 3, 2014 6:42 am

Not a fan of putting an international teenager in the d league - much rather have him with the team to ease the transition and work closely with our staff. Doesn't mean forcing him minutes mind you.
KingCammo wrote:I'm going to get "I heart Brandon Jennings" tattoed on my wang, fly over to Vegas and get that stupid **** commentator to suck it.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks