ImageImage

Brandon Knight's hate

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Fan from Dade
Junior
And1: 74

Re: Brandon Knight's hate 

Post#241 » by Fan from Dade » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:24 pm

tedbrogen wrote:Yep, let's absolutely compare the stats of a guy that Drew had stand in the corner on offense to a guy that Drew let have the ball in his hands and do whatever he wanted to for 35 to 40 minutes EVERY game.

For 1, thats not the case; he didn't just stand in the corner. You all see what you want to when you watch these games. He wasn't a focal point because HE SHOULDNT HAVE BEEN. He is NOT AS GOOD AS YOU ALL THINK, TODAY! For two, Knight averaged 32 mins per game a lot less then the 35-40 you're suggesting. Third, I clearly stated that we should forget Knight. My statement had nothing to do with him.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#242 » by WRau1 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:55 pm

Fan from Dade wrote:
tedbrogen wrote:Yep, let's absolutely compare the stats of a guy that Drew had stand in the corner on offense to a guy that Drew let have the ball in his hands and do whatever he wanted to for 35 to 40 minutes EVERY game.

For 1, thats not the case; he didn't just stand in the corner. You all see what you want to when you watch these games. He wasn't a focal point because HE SHOULDNT HAVE BEEN. He is NOT AS GOOD AS YOU ALL THINK, TODAY! For two, Knight averaged 32 mins per game a lot less then the 35-40 you're suggesting. Third, I clearly stated that we should forget Knight. My statement had nothing to do with him.

The same can be said about your opinions.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Fan from Dade
Junior

Post#243 » by Fan from Dade » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:40 pm

It's a fact that Gianni's didn't just stand in the corner. I quote facts when I'm talking about stats and comparables. My opinion isn't needed in most of what I say if you actually read it. I don't generally make statements about what these young players are or can be. It's about what they have actually shown. Some opinion is hard to get away from but by and large; I work with facts.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,661

Post#244 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:48 pm

And it's a fact that Knight has shown in 3 years he's a mediocre scorer and an awful point guard.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
BUCKSFORLIFE
Banned User
And1: 24

Post#245 » by BUCKSFORLIFE » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:40 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:And it's a fact that Knight has shown in 3 years he's a mediocre scorer and an awful point guard.

That is how you see it. Others here thankfully see it as I do. I know you are always right but that does not make it so. Enjoy watching Brandon prove you wrong.
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,597

Post#246 » by Balls2TheWalls » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:08 pm

I'm really confused about where this conversation is going... is the conversation that Brandon Knight isn't a great player, but if Jennings can get 8 mil we might as well sign Knight for 8 mil? The whole point of getting rid of Jennings is that he wasn't worth the contract, and we could get Knight, who was similar for much closer to the amount of money he was worth. If we sign Knight to an 8 mil per season contract then people in the new regime need to start getting fired quickly.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,661

Post#247 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:12 pm

BUCKSFORLIFE wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:And it's a fact that Knight has shown in 3 years he's a mediocre scorer and an awful point guard.

That is how you see it. Others here thankfully see it as I do. I know you are always right but that does not make it so. Enjoy watching Brandon prove you wrong.

That's not how I see it, that's what he did. No way around it he is an awful point guard. His first two years he was Brandon Jennings efficiency level bad while scoring only like 13 a game. This year he raised both to pretty mediocre numbers. You can like him, that's fine, but as of today he has been a mediocre scorer and awful point guard. That's not even an opinion, it's a fact.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Fan from Dade
Junior

Post#248 » by Fan from Dade » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:13 pm

Balls2TheWalls wrote:I'm really confused about where this conversation is going... is the conversation that Brandon Knight isn't a great player, but if Jennings can get 8 mil we might as well sign Knight for 8 mil? The whole point of getting rid of Jennings is that he wasn't worth the contract, and we could get Knight, who was similar for much closer to the amount of money he was worth. If we sign Knight to an 8 mil per season contract then people in the new regime need to start getting fired quickly.

Jennings is certainly worth 8 million a year. The bucks actually offered him 11; he turned it down! He will get more then 8 million per year.
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM

Post#249 » by Balls2TheWalls » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:20 pm

Fan from Dade wrote:Jennings is certainly worth 8 million a year. The bucks actually offered him 11; he turned it down! He will get more then 8 million per year.

The fact that you think the old regime Bucks offering him 11 makes him worth 11 or even 8 makes you difficult to take seriously.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#250 » by carmelbrownqueen » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:21 pm

I would not resign Knight period. He has good character but we need a point guard and he isn't one.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,593

Post#251 » by TroyD92 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:21 pm

Fan from Dade wrote:
Balls2TheWalls wrote:I'm really confused about where this conversation is going... is the conversation that Brandon Knight isn't a great player, but if Jennings can get 8 mil we might as well sign Knight for 8 mil? The whole point of getting rid of Jennings is that he wasn't worth the contract, and we could get Knight, who was similar for much closer to the amount of money he was worth. If we sign Knight to an 8 mil per season contract then people in the new regime need to start getting fired quickly.

Jennings is certainly worth 8 million a year. The bucks actually offered him 11; he turned it down! He will get more then 8 million per year.

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. I bet Detroit is thrilled they gave Jennings 8 mil a year.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM

Post#252 » by Balls2TheWalls » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:23 pm

carmelbrownqueen wrote:I would not resign Knight period. He has good character but we need a point guard and he isn't one.

I think this is the disconnect. People see his stat line and see him as useful. Then the people who think we need a POINT GUARD who RUNS AN OFFENSE are confused by how people want to dump 8-10M into a player who does not suit our growth. Why do we need a player with Knights level of usage with Parker and Giannis on the team not getting enough touches? If we want to become a team capable of winning a championship at some point, players like Knight are what we need to eschew.
Fan from Dade
Junior

Post#253 » by Fan from Dade » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:23 pm

Balls2TheWalls wrote:
Fan from Dade wrote:Jennings is certainly worth 8 million a year. The bucks actually offered him 11; he turned it down! He will get more then 8 million per year.

The fact that you think the old regime Bucks offering him 11 makes him worth 11 or even 8 makes you difficult to take seriously.

I never said he was worth 11; the post made it seem as if the team didn't think he was worth 8. Thats just not the case. That simple.
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM

Post#254 » by Balls2TheWalls » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:23 pm

TroyD92 wrote:You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. I bet Detroit is thrilled they gave Jennings 8 mil a year.

Yeah, their team turned out great. Milwaukee 2.0.
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#255 » by Ill-yasova » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:24 pm

Fan from Dade wrote:

Just because we offered Jennings 11 million a year does not mean he was ever even close to being worth that much. Hell, he isn't even worth the $8 mil he is getting now. B2TW never said that Knight wasn't worth $8 mil in the NBA, he just said that anybody in the Bucks organization who gives him that contract should be fired. Knight is a finishing piece for a contender, a team that just needs that one last scoring threat off the bench to push them over the top. The Bucks aren't that team so they should trade him somewhere and get value for him while his contract still has value.
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM

Post#256 » by Balls2TheWalls » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:25 pm

Ill-yasova wrote:Just because we offered Jennings 11 million a year does not mean he was ever even close to being worth that much. Hell, he isn't even worth the $8 mil he is getting now. B2TW never said that Knight wasn't worth $8 mil in the NBA, he just said that anybody in the Bucks organization who gives him that contract should be fired. Knight is a finishing piece for a contender, a team that just needs that one last scoring threat off the bench to push them over the top. The Bucks aren't that team so they should trade him somewhere and get value for him while his contract still has value.

Pretty much 100% what I am trying to say. Jennings not being worth 8M is another topic, but Knight is simply not a player that the Bucks need, and our front office should be much faster at assessing that and moving on.
TroyD92
RealGM

Post#257 » by TroyD92 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:26 pm

Balls2TheWalls wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. I bet Detroit is thrilled they gave Jennings 8 mil a year.

Yeah, their team turned out great. Milwaukee 2.0.

Come on...You know Jennings just needs one more year. 8-)
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Fan from Dade
Junior

Post#258 » by Fan from Dade » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:28 pm

Balls2TheWalls wrote:
carmelbrownqueen wrote:I would not resign Knight period. He has good character but we need a point guard and he isn't one.

I think this is the disconnect. People see his stat line and see him as useful. Then the people who think we need a POINT GUARD who RUNS AN OFFENSE are confused by how people want to dump 8-10M into a player who does not suit our growth. Why do we need a player with Knights level of usage with Parker and Giannis on the team not getting enough touches? If we want to become a team capable of winning a championship at some point, players like Knight are what we need to eschew.

We are talking about value in this league and what Knight may get based on comparable contracts around the league. Hard to run an offense for other players when you are Easily the best offensive option on the team. He was asked to score. That's what no one seems to get. He will get 8 million here or somewhere else. It doesn't make a difference what opinions are. The point is his worth relative to the contracts that are out there.
TroyD92
RealGM

Post#259 » by TroyD92 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:33 pm

Fan from Dade wrote:
Balls2TheWalls wrote:

We are talking about value in this league and what Knight may get based on comparable contracts around the league. Hard to run an offense for other players when you are Easily the best offensive option on the team. He was asked to score. That's what no one seems to get. He will get 8 million here or somewhere else. It doesn't make a difference what opinions are. The point is his worth relative to the contracts that are out there.

That doesn't make it a good contract for US.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Balls2TheWalls
RealGM

Post#260 » by Balls2TheWalls » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:35 pm

I don't understand why the argument is that he is good because someone else will give him money. We should have tossed him while he had value. If we could get a top 15 pick in this draft, we should have traded him, no questions asked.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks