ImageImage

Jason Kidd new coach of the Bucks - Q&A Page 108

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Re: Jason Kidd new coach of the Bucks - Q&A Page 108 

Post#2161 » by LUKE23 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:05 pm

Sanders is one of the fastest centers in the league and Knight can really run too. We are built for transition currently.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,837

Post#2162 » by VooDoo7 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:07 pm

Bucks website still as pathetic as ever. When is this gonna change? We're a friggin' professional sports franchise for cripe's sake. How hard is it to get people who know what they're doing? To do simple updates?

No photo for O'Bryant. Parker's pic is from college. He just did a damn photo shoot a week or so ago at the Couson's Center with his Bucks uni on. Udoh still on the roster even tho we told him to take a hike.

Embarrassing.

http://www.nba.com/bucks/roster
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,390

Post#2163 » by randy84 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:20 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:Bucks website still as pathetic as ever. When is this gonna change? We're a friggin' professional sports franchise for cripe's sake. How hard is it to get people who know what they're doing? To do simple updates?

No photo for O'Bryant. Parker's pic is from college. He just did a damn photo shoot a week or so ago at the Couson's Center with his Bucks uni on. Udoh still on the roster even tho we told him to take a hike.

Embarrassing.

Not half as embarrassing as the assistant coaches that are listed.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#2164 » by M-C-G » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:18 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:Bucks website still as pathetic as ever. When is this gonna change? We're a friggin' professional sports franchise for cripe's sake. How hard is it to get people who know what they're doing? To do simple updates?

Embarrassing.

Johnny O'Bryant looking a lot like Jerry West these days, no?
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,837

Post#2165 » by VooDoo7 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:59 pm

Energee auditions. That is an elbow on the left, yes?? :eyebrows:

Johnny Kilroy
Assistant Coach
And1: 442

Post#2166 » by Johnny Kilroy » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:33 am

kidd may not be the most model citizen, but his talent is undeniable. i don't care that:

he is second all-time in assists
he is second all-time in steals
he is third all-time in triple-doubles
he is third all-time in threes

no, his greatest skill as a player was his ability to elevate his teammates' play and we already know this quality stuck with him as coach. i will be surprised if he's not considered the best coach in the game at some point in his young career. kidd thinks outside the box, operating in dimensions most coaches would be scared to even contemplate. i am not saying he is perfect. nobody is. but his basketball mind is unparalleled. rick carlisle said he learned more about coaching in the years he coached kidd than at any other time in his career. u are going to love the way kidd runs and builds this team. i truly believe that milwaukee's future with kidd at helm has never been brighter.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#2167 » by Bucksfan28 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:36 am

Ever since the ownership change Gardner has been doing a really good job. Kudos to him.

I liked what Kidd had to say. And Larry is continuing to make me not wanna give up yet. The leadership intangibles are there.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#2168 » by M-C-G » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:56 pm

Did you guys see this?

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/bucks/bu ... 58081.html

JSOnline wrote:"I'm really working on my shot and fixing it," Henson said after he went through a session with the coaches on Saturday. "There are a lot of little things that I never learned over the first two years that they're teaching me. So it's good.

JSOnline wrote:Henson has gained 16 pounds since early May, hitting the weight room to increase his weight to 233 pounds.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#2169 » by Trader_Joe » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:47 pm

Thought I'd stop in and see what you guys were thinking of Kidd so far but wasn't expecting 110 pages to go through!!!

Some random thoughts on him...

a. Good coach, but he wants to be more than just coach and soon. He will want full control.
b. Be careful with him. He's screwed over a lot of people over the years.. Byron Scott, Lawrence Frank, Billy King, Rod Thorn (when he forced his way out) Mark Cuban, the Knicks and supposedly did got his coach at Cal fired as well his freshman year
c. He supposedly has stopped drinking all together, so your beer is safe
d. Very good at developing talent (Teletovic, Livingston, Plumlee)
e. He has a massive ego that will need to be stroked
f. Creative thinker both within a game and between games, makes good adjustments
g. AK hated him as does most of ownership/the Russians

Also, what led me here today in particular is the rumor that the Bucks are supposedly shopping Ilyasova hard. Because... supposedly Kidd was pushing for a Sanders/Ilyasova for Lopez/Teletovic swap hard, just a week or two before his exit from Brooklyn. While he questioned Lopez's fit, he praised him like crazy early on and he loved Teletovic. So it makes me wonder if he was pushing for that trade with one foot out the door knowing he was probably going to the Bucks and thinking that the NBA might not allow trades between the two teams like they did with the Celts and Clippers when Doc was traded. Just hard to make sense of that one, the timing is very suspect.

Overall, I think you have a very nice upgrade at coach for the time being. I wouldn't get too attached to him though.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,212

Post#2170 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:00 pm

Your last sentence is the key. Upgrade. No matter what anyone thinks of Kidd or no matter how long he lasts here, he's replacing Larry Freakin' Drew.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,541

Post#2171 » by Frank Nova » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:12 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:Thought I'd stop in and see what you guys were thinking of Kidd so far but wasn't expecting 110 pages to go through!!!

a. Good coach, but he wants to be more than just coach and soon. He will want full control.
b. Be careful with him. He's screwed over a lot of people over the years.. Byron Scott, Lawrence Frank, Billy King, Rod Thorn (when he forced his way out) Mark Cuban, the Knicks and supposedly did got his coach at Cal fired as well his freshman year
f. Creative thinker both within a game and between games, makes good adjustments

Also, what led me here today in particular is the rumor that the Bucks are supposedly shopping Ilyasova hard. Because... supposedly Kidd was pushing for a Sanders/Ilyasova for Lopez/Teletovic swap hard, just a week or two before his exit from Brooklyn. While he questioned Lopez's fit, he praised him like crazy early on and he loved Teletovic. So it makes me wonder if he was pushing for that trade with one foot out the door knowing he was probably going to the Bucks and thinking that the NBA might not allow trades between the two teams like they did with the Celts and Clippers when Doc was traded. Just hard to make sense of that one, the timing is very suspect.

Overall, I think you have a very nice upgrade at coach for the time being. I wouldn't get too attached to him though.

Thanks for the insight.

I'm fine with Kidd using Milwaukee as a stepping stone if so be the case. If he's as good at player development as he's being advertised then by the time he's ready to leave MKE, Jabari and Giannis should be well on their ways. That leaves the door open for a potential dream scenario for a HC to come in and take over right as those 2 are primed and ready. Replacing Kidd with a top notch coach shouldn't be a problem if all goes to planned.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,348

Post#2172 » by GoldenAntlers » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:45 am

weezybaby856 wrote:
Trader_Joe wrote:Thought I'd stop in and see what you guys were thinking of Kidd so far but wasn't expecting 110 pages to go through!!!

Thanks for the insight.

I'm fine with Kidd using Milwaukee as a stepping stone if so be the case. If he's as good at player development as he's being advertised then by the time he's ready to leave MKE, Jabari and Giannis should be well on their ways. That leaves the door open for a potential dream scenario for a HC to come in and take over right as those 2 are primed and ready. Replacing Kidd with a top notch coach shouldn't be a problem if all goes to planned.

It is possible that he develops along with Jabari and Giannias, etc., and he becomes a top notch coach himself and wouldn't have any reason to leave.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,541

Post#2173 » by Frank Nova » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:09 am

I wouldn't be upset at all if Kidd stuck around for the long haul. I'm hoping that's exactly what happens because that means progress was made. But, most Nets fans (probably with a sour taste still) claim Kidd will wear out his welcome and eventually move on. My point was that as long as he doesn't stunt the growth of our youth, then replacing him when the time comes shouldn't be a problem with another high profile coach. I would love for that high profile coach to be Kidd still at the helm 4-5 years from now. If it's not, we should still be in good shape.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#2174 » by Trader_Joe » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:19 pm

weezybaby856 wrote:I wouldn't be upset at all if Kidd stuck around for the long haul. I'm hoping that's exactly what happens because that means progress was made. But, most Nets fans (probably with a sour taste still) claim Kidd will wear out his welcome and eventually move on. My point was that as long as he doesn't stunt the growth of our youth, then replacing him when the time comes shouldn't be a problem with another high profile coach. I would love for that high profile coach to be Kidd still at the helm 4-5 years from now. If it's not, we should still be in good shape.

A lot of people have a sour taste from Kidd.

His Cal coach he got fired
Byron Scott he got fired
He forced his way out of NJ for Dallas with the Migraine incident
Cuban thought he was coming back before going to NY
Woodson thought he was coming back before he retired so he could take the Nets job
L.Frank he had demoted
And then he left the Nets out of the blue when not getting his way

I don't know if he will move on or not, I just think he's going to try to get as much control as quickly as possible. If he doesn't get it, then I would worry he would bolt. Thus I said don't get too attached. As shown, he's not into taking his time with things, he wants his way right away.

Otherwise I think you guys have an excellent coach to develop your players and establish an identity.
I listed both pros and cons and thought I was fairly balanced.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,390

Post#2175 » by randy84 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:10 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:
weezybaby856 wrote:I wouldn't be upset at all if Kidd stuck around for the long haul. I'm hoping that's exactly what happens because that means progress was made. But, most Nets fans (probably with a sour taste still) claim Kidd will wear out his welcome and eventually move on. My point was that as long as he doesn't stunt the growth of our youth, then replacing him when the time comes shouldn't be a problem with another high profile coach. I would love for that high profile coach to be Kidd still at the helm 4-5 years from now. If it's not, we should still be in good shape.

Byron Scott he got fired
Woodson thought he was coming back before he retired so he could take the Nets job
L.Frank he had demoted

I don't know if he will move on or not, I just think he's going to try to get as much control as quickly as possible. If he doesn't get it, then I would worry he would bolt. Thus I said don't get too attached. As shown, he's not into taking his time with things, he wants his way right away.

Otherwise I think you guys have an excellent coach to develop your players and establish an identity.

I love Kidd.

I hate that Cal coach.
I hate Byron Scott.
I hate NJ.
I hate Cuban.
I hate Woodson.
I hate Frank.
Again, I hate NJ.

Hopefully he can wrestle control from Hammond as soon as possible.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#2176 » by Trader_Joe » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:32 pm

randy84 wrote:
Trader_Joe wrote:

Byron Scott he got fired
L.Frank he had demoted

I love Kidd.

I hate that Cal coach.
I hate Byron Scott.
I hate NJ.
I hate Cuban.
I hate Woodson.
I hate Frank.
Again, I hate NJ.

Hopefully he can wrestle control from Hammond as soon as possible.

LOL

I hate Kidd as a person (not that I know him.. but he is a snake that would sell out anyone around him, convicted wife beater and drunk driver), but love him as a player and coach and will always follow his career.

Either way, I think I'm hopping on your bandwagon now before others do (actually the Bucks have been probably my second/third favorite Eastern team since the late 80's/early 90's). You guys are probably going to be one of the most exciting teams to watch for a long while.
Bucks_MacGyver
Sixth Man
And1: 339

Post#2177 » by Bucks_MacGyver » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:44 pm

If kidd didn't do what he did giannis would still be in the corner and not being considered to play pg and maximizing his potential. So I'm happy the way things went down

Sent from my SM-G900P using RealGM Forums mobile app
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,690

Post#2178 » by HaroldinGMinor » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:35 pm

Bump for nostalgia's sake.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Re: Jason Kidd new coach of the Bucks (two 2nd rounders) 

Post#2179 » by crkone » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:40 pm

crkone wrote:So we'll get a good 2-3 years out of him before he flames out it seems, ala Skiles. I'm guessing they'll go the player's coach type after him like Drew. Rinse and repeat.

crkone wrote:Kidd understands the Bucks are rebuilding and has bought into that fact since he did want to come coach/run things here. This will make a consistent philosophy throughout the organization when we have had issues with that in the past. Consistency is very important. Now, who knows if Kidd will actually be a good mentor/coach for such a young team. And I just really don't like owners picking out coaches without input for POBO or GM.

Meh

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
0BobLobLaw0
Starter
And1: 2,018

Post#2180 » by 0BobLobLaw0 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:34 pm

Who did those 2nd round picks that we traded for the hall of fame PG end up being?
Why should you go to jail for a crime someone else noticed? You don't need double talk... You need Bob Loblaw.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks