ImageImage

Milwaukee Bucks SOB/Real GM Podcast

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

nmeurett
Bench Warmer
And1: 212

Milwaukee Bucks SOB/Real GM Podcast 

Post#1 » by nmeurett » Thu Jul 3, 2014 10:55 pm

Im going to post this because I have seen alot of interest in other threads and am sick and tired of listening to the WSSP clowns talk bucks basketball! Bucks fans deserve to have knowledgeable people to listen to talk about bucks news. Who would be interested in having a weekly bucks podcast/Google hangout and possibly do shows after bucks games? This is just a thread to spitball ideas of who to host and how to do it.

Id love to have EastSideBucksFan or some of our other well known posters host it but that's just me.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,218

Re: Milwaukee Bucks SOB/Real GM Podcast 

Post#2 » by Matches Malone » Thu Jul 3, 2014 10:59 pm

Speaking of WSSP clowns, just heard the sound off line and someone took a shot at Paul saying his head was far up the new owners ass.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM
And1: 1,417

Post#3 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Thu Jul 3, 2014 11:13 pm

This can't happen soon enough.
BucksRuleAll22 wrote:Calvin Johnson is horrible and not a top WR.
chuckleslove
RealGM
And1: 1,128

Post#4 » by chuckleslove » Thu Jul 3, 2014 11:45 pm

I've actually considered doing something like this from time to time for a while. Anyone who knows me knows I have a voice(and face :P) for radio. After my appearance on the Squad 6 radio show a few years ago on WSSP a poster here called me the Pierce Brosnan of American radio which I took as a compliment :P

Biggest reason I haven't tried to pursue something like this personally is that I'm getting married this fall so I don't have a lot of free time until around mid November.

EDIT: my idea in my head was all Wisconsin sports and maybe the relevant national stuff, not just Bucks, mostly thought it would be a good idea because I haven't been able to keep 1250 on the dial for more than 5 minutes at any point in the last year or two
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page
Istanbullus
Junior
And1: 157

Post#5 » by Istanbullus » Thu Jul 3, 2014 11:51 pm

For someone in Turkey thirsty for real analysis, this would be great. Reading MJS articles, I never knew what was happening on the court. The articles would simply retell the game, something I could imagine just looking at the box score..... 'The Bucks then scored two baskets. Then Boston came back with a big rebound and went on a 8-2 run. Then Milwaukee hit a 3.' Nothing about matchups, adjustments, plays, sets. Unreal.

Hey is there any Bucks action this summer in Milwaukee? Meet and greets? I'm home for a couple weeks.
Majik7
Ballboy
And1: 15

Post#6 » by Majik7 » Thu Jul 3, 2014 11:53 pm

It is a great idea. At the dawn of a new era what better time than now to capitalize on the lack of educated Bucks coverage. Once football season starts we know the Bucks will become an afterthought for most shows. Podcasting is as popular as ever and continuing to grow. If we had a weekly show and/or post game show that brought educated Bucks Basketball to the public it could go along way to legitimizing team. The hacks on the radio with the exception of Ted Davis do nothing to help the team in the public eye with the junk they spew.
Fresh_Prince12
Head Coach
And1: 2,184

Post#7 » by Fresh_Prince12 » Fri Jul 4, 2014 12:13 am

A weekly podcast discussing bucks who have knowledge about the subject would be refreshing.
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#8 » by bigkurty » Fri Jul 4, 2014 12:23 am

I would love to listen to it and try being a guest at least once. What we need to do is find a host willing to commit to it and keep it going.
PedroGrande
Analyst
And1: 731

Post#9 » by PedroGrande » Fri Jul 4, 2014 12:32 am

And invite some of the new blood on sports reporting that we see out there, like the guys at brew hoop, bucketsball and other blogs etc etc.

One day simmons and Lowe will be guests too lol
"Hope isn't a plan"
White+Purple
Sixth Man
And1: 235

Post#10 » by White+Purple » Fri Jul 4, 2014 1:01 am

Personally what would be really awesome is if it was done by this board purely for this board. Get regular posters on to debate live the debates going on in threads. Like this week could be emunney PP and wichmae debating whether max Bledsoe is a good idea. The medium is there in google hangouts :dontknow:
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#11 » by Bucksfan28 » Fri Jul 4, 2014 1:14 am

Great idea. The current state of technology offers a lot of potential opportunity to make this happen, and could even enhance this board by putting voices/faces to usernames (although I'd be pretty disappointed when the realization hit that JayMKE doesn't actually look like his avatar).

Allow anyone who wants to participate a voice. I'm sure it'd catch the eye of Bucksketball and BrewHoop fairly quickly; hell they may even track this thread to see if anything develops.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#12 » by Ill-yasova » Fri Jul 4, 2014 1:44 am

I would love the opportunity to do something like this in a radio format. Most of the time when I'm on here I'm too lazy/drunk to really take the time to elaborate on my arguments and thoughts. Speaking at length has never been a problem for me though. :D
On_Wisconsin
Senior
And1: 103

Post#13 » by On_Wisconsin » Fri Jul 4, 2014 1:46 am

Podcasts are awesome. I'd love to listen to one featuring posters from this board.

I don't know if it'd be very feasible, but a post game radio show would be GREAT. I'd probably call in and you guys could give some legitimate insight into the game. Give a voice to the knowledgeable fan.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
CaptainAwesome
Senior
And1: 83

Post#14 » by CaptainAwesome » Fri Jul 4, 2014 1:56 am

Bucksfan28 wrote:\(although I'd be pretty disappointed when the realization hit that JayMKE doesn't actually look like his avatar).

Well, he's clearly not Adam Morrison looking like a total d-bag.

... Right...?
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,883

Post#15 » by ampd » Fri Jul 4, 2014 2:00 am

StikWitEM wrote:Speaking of WSSP clowns, just heard the sound off line and someone took a shot at Paul saying his head was far up the new owners ass.

:lol:
gbmb34
Pro Prospect
And1: 75

Post#16 » by gbmb34 » Fri Jul 4, 2014 2:02 am

I'll host if there are three or four others willing to also be panelists either for most ever show or at least in some sort of rotation.
packerbreakdown.wordpress.com
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,313

Post#17 » by trwi7 » Fri Jul 4, 2014 2:04 am

I would call in and in the thickest Wisconsin accent I could muster, at least as thick as Jerry Augustine, I would suggest trading Ersan and Mayo for LeBron.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,904

Post#18 » by stellation » Fri Jul 4, 2014 2:05 am

We Australians would be only too happy to put together our own version of a Bucks podcast, where we talk all things Bucks like- Bogey, Delly, Baynesy, Patty, Dantey, Cammy
#FreeChuckDiesel
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,490

Post#19 » by JayMKE » Fri Jul 4, 2014 2:19 am

CaptainAwesome wrote:
Bucksfan28 wrote:\(although I'd be pretty disappointed when the realization hit that JayMKE doesn't actually look like his avatar).

Well, he's clearly not Adam Morrison looking like a total d-bag.

... Right...?

I-I... ugh... Of course not. Yea, of course not... :uhoh:

smooth, adam, smooth...
FREE GIANNIS
Fresh_Prince12
Head Coach
And1: 2,184

Post#20 » by Fresh_Prince12 » Fri Jul 4, 2014 3:07 am

My suggestions for the name of the podcast

Buck the Press
Down to Buck