Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,458

Re: Bucks vs. Cavaliers, Summer League, 7 p.m. CT 

Post#881 » by Matches Malone » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:26 pm

Aaron It Out wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
Bernman wrote:So basically things we figured were the case before, only they were reinforced. .

That was what was so wild about last night's game. We spent EIGHT months on here ripping both players apart. Then last night we saw exactly every single strength and weakness we debated on display. All of them.

The only two new things I took away were:

a) Wiggins did work in Santa Barbara on that step back jumper. And how showed it last night. That will be an amazing shot for him going forward. Despite all the "Wiggins" can't score like Jabari crap, Wiggins in the end quietly had more points than Jabari. He's going to be a 25ppg guy at some point, although with LeBron on his team he won't have those opportunities.

:lol: :lol:

Had 1 more point than Parker while taking 7 more shots.. 18 points on 18 shots. Real quiet. :crazy:

Not to mention Parker had 9 rebounds to go with his 17.

Wiggins forced a lot of bad shots. Only reason he got 18 was because of how many shots he did take. I was pleasantly surprised to see Jabari efficiently scoring the ball and he was passing the ball a lot better than what people give him credit for. Very excited about him.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Wooderson
RealGM
And1: 5,288

Post#882 » by Wooderson » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:27 pm

Aaron It Out wrote::lol: :lol:

Had 1 more point than Parker while taking 7 more shots.. 18 points on 18 shots. Real quiet. :crazy:

To be fair Parker had 3 more TO's and attempted more free throws which also use up possessions. Parker was more efficient, but when you include the TO's they're pretty close. JP definitely looked like the better all-around offensive player though something I think we all knew. Nice to see him be effective even when his jumpers not falling.

Only thing that was a bit concerning is that he seemed to conserve his energy for offense which led to a few defensive lapses. Though obviously it's summer league, and given the hype matchup with Wiggins it's understandable to want to show out offensively. But some of that same stuff popped up at Duke.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,735

Post#883 » by Ayt » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:29 pm

You really shouldn't have many turnovers if you are never leading the break and are settling for jumpers in the half court.
Wooderson
RealGM
And1: 5,288

Post#884 » by Wooderson » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:32 pm

Ayt wrote:You really shouldn't have many turnovers if you are never leading the break and are settling for jumpers in the half court.

Right but most of Parker's fast breaks resulted in offense for himself, so you can't just ignore turnovers. And Wiggins created a couple nice chances when he drove middle from the wing and kicked it out to open shooters after the D collapsed. He wasn't strictly shooting iso jumpers like many here claim.

I agree with the positives about Parker's game. Was just pointing out that he was sloppy with the ball a few times.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,902

Post#885 » by theFireBlanket » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:50 pm

http://instagram.com/p/qXIXDaDdba/?modal=true

"Basketball Never Stops. @brandonknight11, @k_mid22 & @johnhenson31 working hard to #OwnTheFuture"
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,733

Post#886 » by DanoMac » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:52 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:http://instagram.com/p/qXIXDaDdba/?modal=true

"Basketball Never Stops. @brandonknight11, @k_mid22 & @johnhenson31 working hard to #OwnTheFuture"

Middleton is butter...damn
DanoMac
General Manager

Post#887 » by DanoMac » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:55 pm

Last night was the most aggressive I've ever seen Wiggins. Vocal too. His 3-pt shot wasn't falling, but it was obvious to see the kid's going to be special. Don't know why anyone would discredit his performance, especially when he was pegged as not being nearly as ready as Parker.

The improvement in Giannis' game is so encouraging. Really think the Bucks hit it out of the park with him.

Parker was impressive. Wanted him to be a little more aggressive. Weird since you'd think him and Wiggins would be in reverse roles.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,902

Post#888 » by theFireBlanket » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:07 pm

DanoMac wrote:
theFireBlanket wrote:http://instagram.com/p/qXIXDaDdba/?modal=true

Middleton is butter...damn

I love that not only are all of those guys there, along with Sanders and Delfino, with Inglis on his way, but they're all working on their game with the staff too. The organization is definitely taking steps in the right direction.

Vine version of Khris hitting two, on his way to hitting a third: [tweet]https://twitter.com/Bucks/status/488036523938689024[/tweet]
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,976

Post#889 » by Badgerlander » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:21 pm

Zeezprah wrote:
DocHoliday wrote:I really can't take another year of Nate + Knight at PG. Giannis was standing around watching Jabari on offense too much. JOB looks like he might work out next to Henson off the bench, needs to lose some more weight. Jabari looks good around the rim but didn't face any shot blockers, can't wait to see him after they get a few more sets down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wtf. nate was a 2nd round rookie last year who didn't play that much overall. how you can you not take another year of him? he's not a guy who's going to thrive in these SL type games. he's not a scorer and he doesn't do anything great that's obvious to the casual eye.

i 100% want to see him starting next season with knight at SG, at least to begin with to see how he looks. now if we have the chance to grab mudiay in this upcoming draft? of course. but i'm more than willing to take a long hard look at wolters as a starting PG this year. people wanna talk about jason kidd being good for guys. i really think wolters is the one that benefits most from kidd. obviously kidd was a HOF PG, but their physical bodies and games are actually similar in a lot of ways.

you don't need a PG like chris paul to win in this league

I can't take another year of Nate as a starter. I like him a lot and think he's a solid back-up. He had excellent efficiency last year in an offense designed around efficiency. Maybe he takes some steps this year, but he was absolutely a scorer in college averaging 20+ppg.

You don't need a PG like CP3 to win, but it's a hell of a lot more fun to watch if you do. Sorry but I can't stand ISO ball. I don't want to watch a PG call for a screen and then sprint to the rim and throw up a prayer hoping for a foul. A competent PG that can run the pick and roll/pick and pop game would help to diversify Jabari's halfcourt offensive game and help him defensively to prepare for the playoffs. I don't care about winning this year, it's about our young players growth, most importantly Parker + Giannis, but Nate would still get plenty of minutes as the 3rd guard and against easier competition.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#890 » by Badgerlander » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:25 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Wiggins did work in Santa Barbara on that step back jumper. And how showed it last night. That will be an amazing shot for him going forward.

Agreed, but his right leg still drifts forward on the catch and shoot, although it was going in for the most part last night.

Spoiler:

Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#891 » by Bernman » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:25 pm

DanoMac wrote:Last night was the most aggressive I've ever seen Wiggins. Vocal too. His 3-pt shot wasn't falling, but it was obvious to see the kid's going to be special. Don't know why anyone would discredit his performance, especially when he was pegged as not being nearly as ready as Parker.

It couldn't be much less obvious to see that Wiggins will be special or a disappointment from a SUMMER LEAGUE game where he scored 18 points on 21 possessions used. It's one game, in a not very translatable setting, and his performance was relatively non-descript.

You've been here since 2005. That's a lot of summer leagues. You've been through Sanders' (twice), Henson's, Jennings', and Bogut's odd performances. I think you should know better by now to put much stock in a summer league game performance, especially when it wasn't strongly positive or negative.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#892 » by Badgerlander » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:29 pm

Was rather annoyed that the announcer stated several times that Giannis was 20 and then went on to say he just turned 20 in Dec of last year when he is 19, only 3 months older than Jabari.

Spoiler:

MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,415

Post#893 » by MiltownHawkeye » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:29 pm

What I like about Wiggins that I don't really see with Parker is that Wiggins can get off that jump shot whereever whenever he wants. It's absolutely effortless. Parker is a better shooter at this point but he has to work harder to get a good look off if that makes sense. When Wiggins' shot starts going in he'll be an absolute terror. I see the Jeff Green comparisons though.

I'm glad Giannis looked more aggressive. He can do anything he wants on a basketball court but he was so tentative last year.

What did JOB do to impress everyone? Didn't watch the whole game.
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,279

Post#894 » by xTitan » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:30 pm

I could give a sh** what Nate or anyone did in a summer league pick up game, but one thing I noticed is that
Nate has much better form on his jump shot, straight up and down, plus far better rotation, he will be fine. Giannis looks much bigger and more confident, I think he needs to become this teams best player because he has a more all around skill set than Parker. This team has length, but is very skinny, lacks physicality and will struggle on the boards.
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#895 » by Badgerlander » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:37 pm

can't get enough of these from bucksketballs
http://www.bucksketball.com/2014/07/mil ... -dribbles/

Spoiler:

DanoMac
General Manager

Post#896 » by DanoMac » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:46 pm

Bernman wrote:
DanoMac wrote:Last night was the most aggressive I've ever seen Wiggins. Vocal too. His 3-pt shot wasn't falling, but it was obvious to see the kid's going to be special. Don't know why anyone would discredit his performance, especially when he was pegged as not being nearly as ready as Parker.

It couldn't be much less obvious to see that Wiggins will be special or a disappointment from a SUMMER LEAGUE game where he scored 18 points on 21 possessions used. It's one game, in a not very translatable setting, and his performance was relatively non-descript.

You've been here since 2005. That's a lot of summer leagues. You've been through Sanders' (twice), Henson's, Jennings', and Bogut's odd performances. I think you should know better by now to put much stock in a summer league game performance, especially when it wasn't strongly positive or negative.

Basketball is basketball, bern. You can throw out your Sanders, Hensons, and Jennings, and I'll toss you right back your Lillards, Joe Alexanders, and Durants. His athleticism alone makes him special. His block on Parker and gazelle like sprinting to the other end of the court are traits that show he's going to be special. Like I said, his jumpshot wasn't falling, but he still left the court leaving me impressed. I honestly can't say I expected that from his first summer league game. To each his own I guess.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Post#897 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:48 pm

DanoMac wrote:His block on Parker and gazelle like sprinting to the other end of the court are traits that show he's going to be special. Like I said, his jumpshot wasn't falling, but he still left the court leaving me impressed.

I agree. I thought Wiggins flashed brilliance as did Parker. That's what you want from a guy in SL.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Aaron It Out
General Manager
And1: 3,101

Post#898 » by Aaron It Out » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:53 pm

What gets me is when Wiggins will make a big dunk where his head is as high as the rim and everyone goes "DAMN! He's going to be a special player!" while I'm left scratching my head. Parker displayed a wide variety of basketball moves that will translate very well to the NBA (not talking about summer league) and when I see Wiggins I see a game that still needs a lot of work with athleticism that doesn't age well in the NBA.
EastSideBucksFan wrote:At some point this board is going to have to drop their stupid bullsht agendas and just enjoy the team for once.
Willie Colon
Starter
And1: 1,149

Post#899 » by Willie Colon » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:53 pm

DocHoliday wrote:Was rather annoyed that the announcer stated several times that Giannis was 20 and then went on to say he just turned 20 in Dec of last year when he is 19, only 3 months older than Jabari.

And only two months older than Wiggins.

MiltownHawkeye wrote:What I like about Wiggins that I don't really see with Parker is that Wiggins can get off that jump shot whereever whenever he wants. It's absolutely effortless.

Disagree with this completely. One of Jabari's best assets is his ability to get his shot off with ease. He even has that same step back jumper.
We have Giannis Antetokounmpo and you don't. :naaa:
DanoMac
General Manager

Post#900 » by DanoMac » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:53 pm

I hope no one takes my compliments to Wiggins as discrediting Parker's performance, I was improved with each respectively.

I just expected a passive, 9/6/2 line from Wiggins based on what we saw last year. Wasn't expecting him to come out of the gates that aggressive. He looked like he grew up 5 years last night. Really hope he gets traded to Minnesota.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks