ImageImage

D league team

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

BallinBucks420
Pro Prospect
And1: 108

D league team 

Post#1 » by BallinBucks420 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:48 am

long time reader havent posted much but was wondering if now tht we have new owners.. and 2 very rich owners at that, if any of you would like to c the bucks get there own D-League team... i think it could be benificial to have a developmental team where some of these second rounders and young guys could develop and get a lot of mintues especially with us in a rebuilding mode, wanting to have as many prospects as u possibly can being develped and looked at in these next couple years
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,634

Re: D league team 

Post#2 » by emunney » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:55 am

Yes. Not only do I want this to happen, I think it needs to happen. Every marquee franchise has their own D-League affiliate -- 14 total teams have their own. If the owners are serious about joining that class, they need to start checking boxes. Next offseason at the latest, only because I'm not sure if it could still happen this year.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,685

Post#3 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:56 am

Yeah a lot of us have been talking about a D-League team for a while. Would be a great resource for the team.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
BallinBucks420
Pro Prospect
And1: 108

Post#4 » by BallinBucks420 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:58 am

exactly same here think it would rlly help us
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,370

Post#5 » by trwi7 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:10 am

I'm buying a D-League team and moving it to Fort Atkinson.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
emunney
RealGM

Post#6 » by emunney » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:12 am

We wouldn't need to own it. I'd just want a 1:1 relationship and to work together closely in all aspects of basketball operations. Fort Wayne does a great job, I would just want to boot out the other teams and integrate more. Failing that, new team.
ChicagoMike
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#7 » by ChicagoMike » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:59 pm

I see that the Pacers bought the Mad Ants. I'm assuming that means that the Bucks will need to affiliate themselves with a different D-League team now? Maybe we do need to start talking about buying our own team again?
emunney
RealGM

Post#8 » by emunney » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:03 pm

There currently aren't any more D-League teams. They all have direct relationships with a single NBA team. So I would think something has to happen, even if it's just the creation of a new team for the 11 current NBA teams who don't have a D-League affiliate. I guess maybe one of the D-League teams that isn't actually owned by their NBA team could break out of that agreement.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,976

Post#9 » by Badgerlander » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:29 pm

As I posted in the other D League thread, ST Louis (or KC) would be a solid choice for a place to put a D League franchise. Probably the largest cities without an NBA franchise so a large fan base, direct flights from MKE, a larger city will also be a bigger draw for coaches, training staff, etc. I personally don't think that we really need a D League franchise since we've done fine developing our players internally but it does make sense to develop players and coaches for down the road when other teams will scavenge some of ours as we are more successful. Probably something to look at after the new arena is built.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,223

Post#10 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:43 pm

I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks