Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,710

Re: Bucks vs. Jazz - Summer League - 7/14/14 - 9:30 Central 

Post#901 » by AussieBuck » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:33 pm

Ayt wrote:
Nowak008 wrote:
Ayt wrote:Exum has been kind of invisible tonight.

I thought he looked incredible in the first half. He made several great passes and resulted in a few trips to the free throw line for his teammates. The Jazz had great ball movement and Exum had his fingerprints all over that.

I missed the 1st quarter and most of the 2nd. In the second half he mostly just hung around the perimeter.

GOAT Summer league first quarter. You've got to watch it.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,491

Post#902 » by Profound23 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:42 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCyaWpzdPVU[/youtube]
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#903 » by M-C-G » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:59 pm

Profound23 wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCyaWpzdPVU[/youtube]

I equally love and hate that play;

Love - great great handle, creates separation drains the shot

Hate - that anyone would think that is a high quality shot, like for even an nano second

I'm glad he is trying those now, but hoping he sends that one back to the lab for more testing.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,372

Post#904 » by trwi7 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:08 pm

Just saw Giannis' highlights from last night. I think I'm in love.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Wooderson
RealGM
And1: 5,288

Post#905 » by Wooderson » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:21 pm

One of my favorite Giannis things is that he knows what angles to attack with his dribble in order to create space and draw defenders - which then leads to finding an open teammate. We saw it last year on the fast breaks but not much else (partly because he didn't have the ball in his hands that often).

The play 36 seconds into this clip is a perfect example. That awareness is huge, and if/when he can refine it in the halfcourt, he'll be lethal. He's had some nice moments in SL so far.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FulSE0t472Q[/youtube]
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,837

Post#906 » by VooDoo7 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:30 pm

DocHoliday wrote:
bigkurty wrote:
DocHoliday wrote:
That would piss me off actually. You don't run a franchise or make decisions off of straw polls, thats how Herb talked himself into overpaying guys like Zaza and Delfino and trading for Sessions, etc. If you think the guy is good you hire him. The Kidd media bs lasted like 2-3 days. It's about winning, not whining.

Totally disagree. Culture is still very important when trying to build a team. Choosing to throw that cancer in the mix is not a smart managerial decision when there are so many other options available that are probably just as good.

If Lasry & Edens believe he's a cancer then they shouldn't hire him, but they shouldn't make the decision because they are worried about bad press or the feels of casual fan.
What about the feeling of hardcore fans? Pretty much all of us here are diehards. And pretty much everyone here, minus a few, want nothing to do with Payton.
Wooderson
RealGM
And1: 5,288

Post#907 » by Wooderson » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:38 pm

AussieBuck wrote:
Ayt wrote:I missed the 1st quarter and most of the 2nd. In the second half he mostly just hung around the perimeter.

GOAT Summer league first quarter. You've got to watch it.

CJ Williams would prefer he skip the 1st quarter.

Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#908 » by Bernman » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:44 pm

They should make the decision in part because of fan opinion because that's supposedly what's going to dictate them keeping the team in Milwaukee and altogether.

Also, at the very least the die hard fans seem to know the franchise history more than L&E. Otherwise they wouldn't have allowed GP to be considered in the first place. That's hardly a good part of a business plan to hire employees who have the potential to be majorly toxic to other's morale.

I'd look at it as a positive if they heeded the fan's warning, looked into it, and then thought better of allowing cousin Dom into the house, to bang hookers with the door open, then walk around naked afterward with his disgusting body covered with sweat and himself that he was still wiping off.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,273

Post#909 » by jakecronus8 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:10 pm

M-C-G wrote:

Hate - that anyone would think that is a high quality shot, like for even an nano second

I'm glad he is trying those now, but hoping he sends that one back to the lab for more testing.

While I agree that it was not a good look, it puts a huge smile on my face because it reminds me of the player I want Jabari to study and model his game after...

Do it for Chuck
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,976

Post#910 » by Badgerlander » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:11 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:
DocHoliday wrote:
bigkurty wrote:Totally disagree. Culture is still very important when trying to build a team. Choosing to throw that cancer in the mix is not a smart managerial decision when there are so many other options available that are probably just as good.

If Lasry & Edens believe he's a cancer then they shouldn't hire him, but they shouldn't make the decision because they are worried about bad press or the feels of casual fan.
What about the feeling of hardcore fans? Pretty much all of us here are diehards. And pretty much everyone here, minus a few, want nothing to do with Payton.

Hardcore fans aren't leaving over Payton. If Herb didn't chase you away, you aren't leaving over an assistant coach.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#911 » by Bernman » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:11 pm

Frankly, I've thought Parker looked poor overall in all 3 games, really struggling with getting clean, controlled looks, on defensive recoveries, and in 1 and 1 situations. And it's something that won't get fixed at any point during summer league, no matter how long it lasts (btw anyone know how long that projects to be?) because it stems from his far from ideal body shape, which is having a synergistic negative effect on everything. So be prepared to not be nearly as optimistic about the future after this slate of games, if that's your criteria, although it shouldn't be.

BTW, Mateen Cleaves is getting some flack, but in his goofiness I think there is plenty of insight, actually. He seems to know the league and give solid analysis, his presentation just isn't "classic". He's kind of annoying at times to me to. But he's also kind of funny at times, and I'd prefer a color commentator with his energetic style over a bland one, that's for sure. They call them color analysts for a reason.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Post#912 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:27 pm

DocHoliday wrote:
Hardcore fans aren't leaving over Payton. If Herb didn't chase you away, you aren't leaving over an assistant coach.

The Bucks don't need us. They need the casual fan in Hartland who hasn't watched a Bucks game in five years and thinks Payton is the devil because he was the reason Ray Allen was traded.

Further the Bucks need casual fan media types like Bill Michaels and Rod Burks, who if Payton were hired, would immediately trot out recent clips of Payton trashing the City.

The end result is that Edens and Lasry would need to hold another press conference with Payton, one even more uncomfortable than the Kidd presser.

If this was Larry Brown we were bringing onboard as an assistant, you'd deal with the flak. But it is cousin Dom. A wingman for Kidd and nothing more.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
sherm
Freshman
And1: 12

Post#913 » by sherm » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:30 pm

M-C-G wrote:

I disagree with the bolded part. We were down 20 pts in the 4th with no sign of life. at that point in the game you want your best to create a spark. all of the greats have done this same thing to instill life back into the squad by saying, "im still out here to win and im not quitting"
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,824

Post#914 » by worthlessBucks » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:30 pm

Bernman wrote:BTW, Mateen Cleaves is getting some flack, but in his goofiness I think there is plenty of insight, actually. He seems to know the league and give solid analysis, his presentation just isn't "classic". He's kind of annoying at times to me to. But he's also kind of funny at times, and I'd prefer a color commentator with his energetic style over a bland one, that's for sure. They call them color analysts for a reason.

I agree, i have secretly enjoyed him. Summer league change of pace. The Boogie mann
Go Bucks!
trwi7
RealGM

Post#915 » by trwi7 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:34 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Further the Bucks need casual fan media types like Bill Michaels

Bill Michaels is a huge Bucks fans, dontcha know? He even said so himself.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#916 » by Badgerlander » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:39 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
DocHoliday wrote:

...casual fan ... thinks Payton is the devil because he was the reason Ray Allen was traded.

wow casual fan is an idiot
paulpressey25 wrote:Further the Bucks need casual fan media types like Bill Michaels and Rod Burks, who if Payton were hired, would immediately trot out recent clips of Payton trashing the City.

The end result is that Edens and Lasry would need to hold another press conference with Payton, one even more uncomfortable than the Kidd presser.

If this was Larry Brown we were bringing onboard as an assistant, you'd deal with the flak. But it is cousin Dom. A wingman for Kidd and nothing more.

Who cares if the 10 Packer fans that listen to Bill Michaels don't buy season tickets, and where do you guys get the idea that teams hold press conferences over the hiring of assistant coached because they don't. This is all a load of BS anyway. No Packer fans left when we signed Jim McMahon or Steve McMicheal.

Spoiler:

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Post#917 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:43 pm

trwi7 wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:Further the Bucks need casual fan media types like Bill Michaels

I figured you'd come at that comment from either the Hartland or Rod Burks angle. 8-)

I think if you gave Rod Burks a question such as "Which Buck in the past decade signed a $90 million dollar contract, was from Ohio State and wore #22" he'd answer Andrew Bogut.

To Doc Holiday's point, no one cared when the Packers signed JIm McMahon because we were Super Bowl contenders then with people falling all over themselves to buy tickets. The Bucks are in a different situation.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#918 » by Badgerlander » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:51 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
trwi7 wrote:

I figured you'd come at that comment from either the Hartland or Rod Burks angle. 8-)

I think if you gave Rod Burks a question such as "Which Buck in the past decade signed a $90 million dollar contract, was from Ohio State and wore #22" he'd answer Andrew Bogut.

To Doc Holiday's point, no one cared when the Packers signed JIm McMahon because we were Super Bowl contenders then with people falling all over themselves to buy tickets. The Bucks are in a different situation.

I have no idea who Rod Burks even is. People freaked out plenty over Jim McMahon and Mongo, but winning cures all. Most people can't name a single assistant coach on the Bucks from the last 20 years. People might be a little upset because 1250 told them to be upset for a few days and then Packer training camp starts and all is forgotten.

Spoiler:

trwi7
RealGM

Post#919 » by trwi7 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:54 pm

DocHoliday wrote:I have no idea who Rod Burks even is.

Sports guy for TMJ4. Constantly smiling.

SpursNBucks
Banned User
And1: 113

Post#920 » by SpursNBucks » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:01 am

Observations:

GA- Nothing he can't do, and sky is the limit! Only thing is sometimes he tries to make the highlight reel play and doesn't convert when he should just stick to basics = it is SL though I guess.

Parker- He is a better passer then Melo. He is getting a lot of shots blocked and doesn't show a lot of elevation. He plays too flat footed on defense, and just doesn't have very good awareness. He has a excellent all-around offensive game. Has those boogie moves.

JOB- Nice looking physical player- kind of Randle'esque. should be solid backup with 2nd round $ - could have a decent career.

Exum- Fluid and showed nice form on his shot. Looks like a PG. They got a very good one. Don't remember seeing him in the 2nd half.

Hood- Was on fire. Had 5 assists and 2 steals to go with lights out shooting. Fluid and moves well without the ball. Good defender. Looks like a steal.

Gobert- Incredible length and good athleticism. Nice scoop by Utah.

I think all these guys played well. After watching all three games I am a little disappointed in Parker (it's on SL and 3 games). I thought he would show better on defense (I know that was a knock). I thought he would have a little better elevation. I don't think that is baby fat- that is pretty much what he will look like over his career- he is what he is- that is his body style.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks