Bucks vs. Jazz - Summer League - 7/14/14 - 9:30 Central

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,976

Re: Bucks vs. Jazz - Summer League - 7/14/14 - 9:30 Central 

Post#921 » by Badgerlander » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:46 am

trwi7 wrote:
DocHoliday wrote:I have no idea who Rod Burks even is.

Sports guy for TMJ4. Constantly smiling.

googled him and can't say as I've ever noticed him before but I don't watch much local news, especially tmj4
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,166

Post#922 » by raysbookclub » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:19 am

SpursNBucks wrote:Observations:

Parker- He is a better passer then Melo. He is getting a lot of shots blocked and doesn't show a lot of elevation. He plays too flat footed on defense, and just doesn't have very good awareness. He has a excellent all-around offensive game. Has those boogie moves.

I think all these guys played well. After watching all three games I am a little disappointed in Parker (it's on SL and 3 games). I thought he would show better on defense (I know that was a knock). I thought he would have a little better elevation. I don't think that is baby fat- that is pretty much what he will look like over his career- he is what he is- that is his body style.

Parker might end up being a great player, but his athleticism definitely puts a real ceiling on him. When I see Wiggins doing spins to split double teams and then exploding for a dunk along the baseline, or when I see him help on D and absolutely swat Noel, sigh...

Still upset that the Cavs won the lottery this year, but, then again, maybe we would have taken Parker with #1 anyway. Still wish we could have gotten Wiggins. Hopefully I won't be feeling that way in another few months...
clutchiness
Ballboy
And1: 8

Post#923 » by clutchiness » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:26 am

Jabari needs to learn how to be a complementary guy; I know that's hard in this terrible summer league the Bucks have put together but if he continues to try and bring this approach you will see a lot of poor shots and turnovers from him. Since he's got little to contribute defensively and on the boards, could be a long season (maybe NEXT year we get our franchise guy?)

Remains to be seen if real refs will bail him out when he careens into traffic; I'm guessing not as he's a rookie but the hype and pedigree could help him out there. The FT line will be his best chance to become a solid scorer this year.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,898

Post#924 » by buckboy » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:30 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
DocHoliday wrote:
Hardcore fans aren't leaving over Payton. If Herb didn't chase you away, you aren't leaving over an assistant coach.

The Bucks don't need us. They need the casual fan in Hartland who hasn't watched a Bucks game in five years and thinks Payton is the devil because he was the reason Ray Allen was traded.

Further the Bucks need casual fan media types like Bill Michaels and Rod Burks, who if Payton were hired, would immediately trot out recent clips of Payton trashing the City.

The end result is that Edens and Lasry would need to hold another press conference with Payton, one even more uncomfortable than the Kidd presser.

If this was Larry Brown we were bringing onboard as an assistant, you'd deal with the flak. But it is cousin Dom. A wingman for Kidd and nothing more.

I love PP, but this is just goofy.

A. How many casual fans even know that Ray Allen was traded for Gary Payton and understand the circumstances?

B. The Bill Michaels/highlights of Payton trashing the city won't help, but they certainly aren't a big deal.

C. I can't imagine a press conference to announce/defend the hiring of an assistant coach.

D. The cousin Dom thing is silly.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
Waukee Taukee
Sophomore
And1: 53

Post#925 » by Waukee Taukee » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:56 am

WRau1 wrote:
Ruben Quevedo wrote:
skones wrote:Giannis and Parker getting all of these iso reps in summer league is precisely the reason I don't want to lock myself into a long term Bledsoe deal. Ultimately this team will go as those two guys go, and their reps take a significant hit with Bledsoe in the mix. This season is going to be ugly, but it's going to be for the better. I've got a feeling they'll be getting those reps all season long whether it's best for winning or not.

I don't want them getting ISO reps. It instills bad habits. They should be learning how to operate and succeed in a fluid offense.

They need to learn how to use their talents for passing/cutting/screening, not going 1 on 1.

What? Being able to exploit mismatches via 1 on 1 is one of the biggest advantages any team in the NBA can have. You don't want them focusing only on hero ball but being able to take your man 1 on 1 is a huge part of every elite player's game.

It's not about individuals taking their man one-on-one; it's about your offensive system creating mismatches that can be exploited (i.e., finding seams in the defense, forcing rotations, and exploiting high percentage shots). The emphasis on individual match-ups is mistaken. The point is to get the defense off balance and exploit the opening. That requires a team concept and the Bucks haven't shown much of that in SL yet.

Generally, I'm far more concerned with the Bucks installing a system that produces better looks more consistently than watching our young stars beat their man in isolation, only to get stuffed by the help defender. We've seen a **** ton of that so far this summer...
vegaspacker
Analyst
And1: 963

Post#926 » by vegaspacker » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:30 am

It's early... go Bucks
I needs shades for this future thing we owning..... 8-) 8-) 8-)
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#927 » by WRau1 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:28 pm

Waukee Taukee wrote:
WRau1 wrote:
Ruben Quevedo wrote:
I don't want them getting ISO reps. It instills bad habits. They should be learning how to operate and succeed in a fluid offense.

They need to learn how to use their talents for passing/cutting/screening, not going 1 on 1.

What? Being able to exploit mismatches via 1 on 1 is one of the biggest advantages any team in the NBA can have. You don't want them focusing only on hero ball but being able to take your man 1 on 1 is a huge part of every elite player's game.

It's not about individuals taking their man one-on-one; it's about your offensive system creating mismatches that can be exploited (i.e., finding seams in the defense, forcing rotations, and exploiting high percentage shots). The emphasis on individual match-ups is mistaken. The point is to get the defense off balance and exploit the opening. That requires a team concept and the Bucks haven't shown much of that in SL yet.

Generally, I'm far more concerned with the Bucks installing a system that produces better looks more consistently than watching our young stars beat their man in isolation, only to get stuffed by the help defender. We've seen a **** ton of that so far this summer...

No.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz

Return to Milwaukee Bucks