ImageImage

ATL: Lottery reform is likely coming, and it's terrible.

HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Re: ATL: Lottery reform is likely coming, and it's terrible. 

Post#241 » by HurricaneKid » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:29 pm

DanoMac wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/GeryWoelfel/status/492734704043708416[/tweet]

Much improved? Not sure about that Gerrison

Its quite comical that the first time I saw this I assumed it was the Wery account and was trying to figure out why his picture wasn't upside down.

It always amazes me that he GETS PAID TO DO THIS.
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,722

Post#242 » by AussieBuck » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:13 am

H2tObes wrote:Don't mean to sound conceited, but does it really matter if that team is "underwhelming"? We're still going to decimate everyone :lol:

I don't think the team is underwhelming, just the backups (primarily because of the guys unavailable). The starters in Chuck's team are great and fit very well.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#243 » by Chuck Diesel » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:17 pm

Newz wrote:
H2tObes wrote:Don't mean to sound conceited, but does it really matter if that team is "underwhelming"? We're still going to decimate everyone :lol:

Are we?

How does no one remember when we got stomped a few times now when we sent over a bunch of second/third tier guys to try to get the job done?

No one remembers that? I think our losses in 2002 & 2004 were a result of poor roster composition & lack of respect for our opponents. The 2006 team was very talented but inexperienced & couldn't figure out how to defend a veteran Greek squad in our only loss of the tournament. Our 2014 program is in a far more elevated place, even if some of our top guys are missing out. We'll be fine.
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,824

Post#244 » by worthlessBucks » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:37 pm

Flip Saunders is becoming increasingly interested in the Cleveland Cavaliers' offer of Andrew Wiggins, Anthony Bennett and future first round picks for Kevin Love.

Fascinating.
Go Bucks!
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,726

Post#245 » by emunney » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:45 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:
Newz wrote:

Are we?

How does no one remember when we got stomped a few times now when we sent over a bunch of second/third tier guys to try to get the job done?

No one remembers that? I think our losses in 2002 & 2004 were a result of poor roster composition & lack of respect for our opponents. The 2006 team was very talented but inexperienced & couldn't figure out how to defend a veteran Greek squad in our only loss of the tournament. Our 2014 program is in a far more elevated place, even if some of our top guys are missing out. We'll be fine.

It's going to be competitive no matter who we send. Teams like Spain and Lithuania have such strong identities and good continuity, they're not pushovers against anyone. Spain really pushed us in the 2012 gold medal game. LeBron was the primary difference in the 4th quarter. Of course, that Spanish team is 2 years older now, too.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,722

Post#246 » by AussieBuck » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:33 am

Image[/quote]
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,924

Post#247 » by stellation » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:19 am

So are we going to talk FIBA World Cup in here, the Giannis thread or in its own thread?
#FreeChuckDiesel
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#248 » by bigkurty » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:55 am

Lavine is so ridiculous. That dude has to be in the dunk contest right away.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,838

Post#249 » by VooDoo7 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:59 am

bigkurty wrote:Lavine is so ridiculous. That dude has to be in the dunk contest right away.

That's what I said. He could easily win multiple times.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,570

Post#250 » by Frank Nova » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:10 am

If Lavines athleticism translates to good basketball I'll certainly be eating crow. Kid is a freak of nature.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#251 » by Badgerlander » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:17 pm

Kawhi has 'uge hands
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#252 » by mlloyd10 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:19 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/basketballtalk/status/494501782848942080[/tweet]
HurricaneKid
General Manager

Post#253 » by HurricaneKid » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:13 pm

??!??

Wiggins can't be traded for 3 weeks. Are neither going to be permitted to do ANYTHING this month?

Cle cannot seriously be giving MORE than those two can they?

I like to remind people that Miami, without ANY NEED TO DO SO, gave away a massive # of picks to Tor and Cle for the ability to give Bosh and LeBron a 5th year option (which both opted out of). Those picks ended up being Jonas Valanciunus, Mirotic (well in another trade anyways), and Crowder (with Dray Green taken next). That would have been a lot of assets to help Miami get a lot better, whether as players or in other trades. I feel like LeBron is in charge of this mess and he should see what an AWFUL GM he has been throughout his career.
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#254 » by BobbyLight » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:08 pm

I think giving those 3 an option at 4 or 5 years worked out pretty well for them the past 4 years. I'd gladly suck for the next two decades if we can get to 4 straight finals and win two.
HurricaneKid
General Manager

Post#255 » by HurricaneKid » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:24 pm

Sure but thats not the trade. The guys were in the fold. The trade was give up all their assets for 5th year options. I would argue that that team would still be together if they have just signed their deals and traded away their assets (top 5 pick!!) to rebuilding teams for guys that could actually contribute. In the end their abject lack of support probably cost them LeBron.
BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#256 » by BobbyLight » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:31 pm

It wasn't LeBron's fault they didn't want to pay the tax to keep Mike Miller, who would have been more of an asset than most of their bench guys.

It wasn't any of their faults that Miami traded picks to allow them 5 year deals.

In retrospect, you make the moves Miami made 100 times out of 100, because Championships are hard to come by, let alone a chance at one 4 years in a row. The argument that poor Miami screwed themselves from being a great team 5 years in the future is ridiculous and I bet if you went and asked that team and its management, they do it again.
HurricaneKid
General Manager

Post#257 » by HurricaneKid » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:17 pm

We just completely disagree.

You are suggesting they needed to make the trades to bring the guys in. They traded the draft picks AFTER the "decision", the pep rallies, etc. It was just the agents exerting their strength after business had been done to add guaranteed money to the deals they didn't like in the first place. There was an arrogance after they brought in all three guys that they could walk through the league and it cost Miami massive depth and a chance to keep the team together to compete for titles for years to come.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks