Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

BMatt07
Starter
And1: 2,138

Re: OT: Video Gaming Thread 

Post#1361 » by BMatt07 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:42 pm

WRau1 wrote:
BMatt07 wrote:
WRau1 wrote:Anyone still play WoW? I've been away from it since about a month after Pandaria dropped, thinking about resub'ing for Legion to try out a Demon Hunter.

I actually just started again this week. I got bored of ESO on PS4.

Figured I'd give it a shot, I've been having fun running heroics and stuff so far, just hit 100 yesterday.

Was it easy to jump back into? I activated the 10 day trial thing on my account and things look a little different w/ talents and such. Was probably going to pick up Warlords of Draenor this weekend.

Yeah it was really easy to jump back in to.

The leveling is very streamlined, and to be honest it's one of the best leveling experiences for any of the expansions I've played.

Once you hit level 100 there's an area that is much like Timeless Isle in MoP. Treasures and rares all over the plays, it acts as a gear catch up mechanic for raiding.
chuckleslove
RealGM
And1: 1,128

Post#1362 » by chuckleslove » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:45 pm

I've been playing WoW since beta 2, have the 10 year subscriber statue to prove it :P Been a casual twice a week raider for the last 3 expansions or so, the game still has it though I'm hoping for some announcements to changes for raiding at Blizzcon, the Gamescom stuff was all hype/fluff and no substance :P

It is pretty easy to get caught up with the basics with Tanaan Jungle, Mythic dungeons, Garrisons and LFR you can get your item level up pretty quickly, you won't approach that of people who raid obviously but you can get some basic gear.
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#1363 » by H2tObes » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:59 pm

I don't play WoW anymore, but oh my goodness have they butchered PvP in this game. I can see why so many people unsubscribed...playing a 3 v 3 arena can easily take 15 minutes, I couldn't take it anymore. Demon Hunter seems like a desperate cry to get some subs back, they look a whole lot like Rogues to me
chuckleslove
RealGM

Post#1364 » by chuckleslove » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:10 pm

H2tObes wrote:I don't play WoW anymore, but oh my goodness have they butchered PvP in this game. I can see why so many people unsubscribed...playing a 3 v 3 arena can easily take 15 minutes, I couldn't take it anymore. Demon Hunter seems like a desperate cry to get some subs back, they look a whole lot like Rogues to me

PvP has always been terrible in WoW :P Thankfully I've always played it for raiding. Nothing compares to what DAoC had in the beginning in RvR for MMO pvp experience.
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#1365 » by H2tObes » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:28 pm

I really enjoyed PvP in BC and WoTLK. It was much better than these extremely long and drawn out fights where everyone is a tank and casters not even having to worry about mana management in the slightest. A bunch of my buddies quit shortly after WoD came out simply because of how unplayable the PvP is.

You're right though, WoW is for the PvE at the end of the day
BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#1366 » by BobbyLight » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:30 pm

Played about an hour of Everybody's Gone to The Rapture last night and, man.... I was soooooooooo bored with it. I'm someone who finds great value in games with great narrative or even games that try to provoke emotion (whatever that means... games like Flower or Journey) but so far this game is doing nothing for me.

I plan to finish it and I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that it starts to wow me and the narrative ends up being worth it. Time will tell.

It does look and sound pretty.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,748

Post#1367 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:42 pm

I'm gonna get into Terraria again now that there's some native support for the Mac. Just watched the trailer for 1.3 from back in June and it looks nuts, if not intimidating.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nXdtDgpPeE[/youtube]
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,319

Post#1368 » by crkone » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:16 pm

Anyone get into ARK: Survival Evolved? Thinking about jumping into it if anyone else wants to also.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1369 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:26 pm

crkone wrote:Anyone get into ARK: Survival Evolved? Thinking about jumping into it if anyone else wants to also.

It looks flat out incredible, but the PvP stuff kills it for me. Not real interest in doing world building only to have a **** come around to **** it all up.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,319

Post#1370 » by crkone » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:40 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
crkone wrote:Anyone get into ARK: Survival Evolved? Thinking about jumping into it if anyone else wants to also.

It looks flat out incredible, but the PvP stuff kills it for me. Not real interest in doing world building only to have a **** come around to **** it all up.

It looks like you can join some pretty friendly tribes that basically farm for you and protect you while you level up.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Cold Crush 24
Sixth Man
And1: 151

Post#1371 » by Cold Crush 24 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:13 pm

Has anyone played NBA Live recently? I was originally a big Live fan and didn't like 2K based on playability. 2K was more realistic but Live was more fun. They produced a terrible product a few years back and I made the switch. I was thinking about trying Live again this year but I don't know if its worth the risk.

NBA Live and NFL 2K were the best games. Now I am stuck with NBA 2K and Madden.
Finals in 2017
chuckleslove
RealGM

Post#1372 » by chuckleslove » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:17 pm

Some of my WoW guildmates are playing it including one running a server. I can probably get you the info if you want. It does look great and they are saying great things I just don't have the time for it right now personally.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 849

Post#1373 » by Sauce Boss » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:00 am

Cold Crush 24 wrote:Has anyone played NBA Live recently? I was originally a big Live fan and didn't like 2K based on playability. 2K was more realistic but Live was more fun. They produced a terrible product a few years back and I made the switch. I was thinking about trying Live again this year but I don't know if its worth the risk.

NBA Live and NFL 2K were the best games. Now I am stuck with NBA 2K and Madden.

I was always an NBA 2k person, but always welcomed competition (I loved NBA Live 2003). Unfortunately, NBA Live has been consistently awful since the NBA Elite 11 fiasco that effectively caused EA to shelf the series for three years. The new installments have been lacking, and have been way behind 2k. Wait for the new one to come out and read some opinions online before buying. Personally, I'd stay away.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
Fresh_Prince12
Head Coach
And1: 2,184

Post#1374 » by Fresh_Prince12 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:03 am

nba live looks like they are finally catching up. Free beta is coming up so I think I'm going to try it

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gijz7TcDIS0[/youtube]

Also if any of you guys want to join my squad for 2k16 I'm using the old blizzard logo with a knew color scheme.

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1375 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:30 am

2K has been up its own ass for years. If Live is fun I'll happily invest in it.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,590

Post#1376 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:46 am

I haven't been able to stand 2K for years. I think saying it's up its own ass is quite accurate. It's not fun to play IMO.
ACGB
RealGM
And1: 2,709

Post#1377 » by ACGB » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:55 am

2K is the only option if you play on PC so hopefully this year's edition is very good.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1378 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:21 am

RymdResa is fantastic.
jmuelly
Junior
And1: 88

Post#1379 » by jmuelly » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:34 am

Strongly disagree on the 2k stance most are taking. I strongly prefer the simulation that 2k offers whereas Live has always had more of an arcade feel. Nothing wrong with it, I myself just prefer a closer sim. It's not as "easy" or pickup friendly as Live, there is a deeper control system that is rewarding. The play on the floor at higher difficulties is the truest sim to the sport we've possibly ever seen.

Live was always the title you could get a group of buddies together and play at a competitive level even if some hadn't played it before. It fell off the wagon some time ago and is slowly trying to get back.

I do think there is some level of disappointment in the 2k series because it has somewhat stalled itself the past few years. Some of what I've seen this year suggest they're improving the mode I care most about. I'm a SP franchise gamer, I want to run my team on and off the floor and see them build, see the league grow etc.

I think the comparison of the two would be like suggesting Need for Speed is better than Project Cars. NFS has always been the arcade easy to play title (besides NFS Shift), and Project Cars is a full fleshed driving simulation. Even the comparison of Gran Turismo to Project Cars would be unfair. I enjoy both driving styles but find NFS a more fun series as it's more user friendly. I'm also not a big race fan, so for that sports I'd prefer an arcade.

To each his own.

Pretty excited for M16, madden has really sucked the past few years. From what I've seen there are some improvements that should help make it feel a bit more fresh. Here too, Madden was always user friendly while 2k was a better brand of football. I generally play Madden with a custom set of sliders that helps the play on field in a large way. Fingers crossed it's a worthwhile title this year.

With the Brewers being so poor I just need a sports fix in the worst way. Football cant get here soon enough.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1380 » by WRau1 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:35 pm

chuckleslove wrote:

Some of my WoW guildmates are playing it including one running a server. I can probably get you the info if you want. It does look great and they are saying great things I just don't have the time for it right now personally.

I tried it yesterday, everyrime I spawned someone would immediately kill me. I would then have to make a new character. I did that for a few minutes before the Packers started. I'll try again today if it's still f2p on Steam. From the few seconds I spent alive, the game looked pretty although I just did install my new gtx 980 ti :)
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz

Return to Milwaukee Bucks