ImageImage

OT: Video Gaming Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Tuxedo38
Sophomore
And1: 107

Re: OT: Video Gaming Thread 

Post#1341 » by Tuxedo38 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:29 pm

For anyone who hasn't played Journey on the ps3, it releases on the ps4 tomorrow. Fantastic game and the preorder is only $12 for PS+ members.
BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#1342 » by BobbyLight » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:31 pm

Tuxedo38 wrote:For anyone who hasn't played Journey on the ps3, it releases on the ps4 tomorrow. Fantastic game and the preorder is only $12 for PS+ members.

And if you did buy it on PS3, it's a cross buy so you can play on PS4 now, as well.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,013

Post#1343 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:55 am

If you're like me and consider Borderlands 2 the best FPS ever, it's worth giving it another go on the PS4. Love the frame rate.
BMatt07
Starter
And1: 2,139

Post#1344 » by BMatt07 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:30 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:If you're like me and consider Borderlands 2 the best FPS ever, it's worth giving it another go on the PS4. Love the frame rate.

Yeah, Borderlands 2 is my favorite FPS of all time. I bought the Handsome Jack collection when it first came out for PS4, and played the heck out of it.

Borderlands : The Pre-sequal however.... what a steaming pile of garbage. It was like pulling teeth to finish that disaster of a game. It's no secret why 2K Australia closed after the failure.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1345 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:02 pm

BMatt07 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:If you're like me and consider Borderlands 2 the best FPS ever, it's worth giving it another go on the PS4. Love the frame rate.

Yeah, Borderlands 2 is my favorite FPS of all time. I bought the Handsome Jack collection when it first came out for PS4, and played the heck out of it.

Borderlands : The Pre-sequal however.... what a steaming pile of garbage. It was like pulling teeth to finish that disaster of a game. It's no secret why 2K Australia closed after the failure.

I wanted to love it, but yea I couldn't. Just a lot of terrible ideas and some underwhelming writing.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#1346 » by Sauce Boss » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:36 am

I know there were a lot of dungeon crawler fans on the board (Diablo II people mainly), so I though I'd mention Path of Exile's new free expansion The Awakening. There were over 13,000 words in the patch notes (qualifies as a novelette) and it did a lot for the game. Notably, the floaty and sometimes unresponsive combat caused by server desync issues has had some clever implementations to cover it up and make everything smoother. Worth checking out if you are bored over the weekend.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
Miasma
Rookie
And1: 1,422

Post#1347 » by Miasma » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:40 am

This is old, but does anyone remember these games? My buddy is hooking me up with a Sega Master system, and I can't wait to take a nostalgia trip.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb9haoWT5js[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd1Ce7v9Uyk[/youtube]
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,650

Post#1348 » by TroyD92 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:14 am

So I'm playing Dying Light after getting it on sale from Steam. Holy **** this game is fun.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#1349 » by Sauce Boss » Tue Aug 4, 2015 5:59 am

So in the last two months I played through all of The Witcher and The Witcher 2, finally buying The Witcher 3. I'm 25 hours deep and I'm just starting The Bloody Baron quest and I'm only level 4 (more than halfway to level 5). I'm loving it, but almost feel afraid of burning through the main quest too quickly, even if I have used a generous amount of time just adventuring. If anyone has played it, does the main story go pretty quick? Just want to pace it out right so I can do all the contracts and side missions.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
PedroGrande
Analyst
And1: 731

Post#1350 » by PedroGrande » Tue Aug 4, 2015 8:44 am

BMatt07 wrote:

I'm thinking about buying it on steam (Borderlands 2 game of the year edition with all DLC's is like 9.99 €/11$) for some reason all the videos I saw of it didn't really do much for me. Why you guys think its so good? Is it worth it?
"Hope isn't a plan"
PedroGrande
Analyst
And1: 731

Post#1351 » by PedroGrande » Tue Aug 4, 2015 8:54 am

mattg wrote:
bigkurty wrote:Starcraft commentary <3. Its the only game I personally play anymore. I am a plat/diamond level player but I would say my understanding of the game is master level. I am too old and too slow to have the mechanical skills and apm to get to master unfortunately :(

There's always dota2 :D much less mechanically intensive but extremely rewarding if you're into strategy and the competitive nature of a game.

And has a 18 Million Prize Pool for the International haha that is more than tennis grand slams

http://www.dota2.com/international/overview/

And for noobs at the game there is a http://www.twitch.tv/dota2ti_newcomer stream were commentators explain the things for newcomers to the game. Once you know some things about it (even if you dont play it) its a lot of fun and interesting game to watch competitively.

Yeah I'm a nerd sometimes (all the time), but it does to me a lot of things basketball also does

And a little bit of background on the game:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjZYMI1zB9s[/youtube]
"Hope isn't a plan"
mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,012

Post#1352 » by mattg » Wed Aug 5, 2015 4:23 pm

Yeah, there's major parallels between dota and basketball. Jeremy Lin was even on the panel briefly discussing that since he's been playing the game for a decade or so. IMO it's the best video game to spectate and nothing else can really come close when you factor in the prize pools, team play, strategy, and skill ceiling. And it's only going to get bigger and more exciting this year with the advent of the majors system and player transfer/FA periods as well.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,769

Post#1353 » by Ayt » Thu Aug 6, 2015 1:13 am

Sauce Boss wrote:So in the last two months I played through all of The Witcher and The Witcher 2, finally buying The Witcher 3. I'm 25 hours deep and I'm just starting The Bloody Baron quest and I'm only level 4 (more than halfway to level 5). I'm loving it, but almost feel afraid of burning through the main quest too quickly, even if I have used a generous amount of time just adventuring. If anyone has played it, does the main story go pretty quick? Just want to pace it out right so I can do all the contracts and side missions.

They seem to have designed the game so that if you want to focus almost entirely on main quest content and skip most side content you can still maintain an appropriate level because the difference in XP gain between main content and side content is massive. If you are interested in doing side content you should do it when it is level appropriate.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1354 » by WRau1 » Thu Aug 6, 2015 1:41 am

More Dragon Age: Inquisition content to be released on Aug 11th. Pretty excited about that.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1355 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Aug 6, 2015 1:57 am

Sauce Boss wrote:So in the last two months I played through all of The Witcher and The Witcher 2, finally buying The Witcher 3. I'm 25 hours deep and I'm just starting The Bloody Baron quest and I'm only level 4 (more than halfway to level 5). I'm loving it, but almost feel afraid of burning through the main quest too quickly, even if I have used a generous amount of time just adventuring. If anyone has played it, does the main story go pretty quick? Just want to pace it out right so I can do all the contracts and side missions.

To be honest, the main story sucks. You won't care about it at any point.

Unlike Dragon Age where the side stuff was mostly crap, in the Witcher 3 the side stuff is where most of the good stuff is at.

So don't worry about blowing through the main storyline. Take all the contracts you can find and do all the side quests that are level appropriate. There really isn't any reason to blow through the main storyline.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Post#1356 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Aug 6, 2015 2:44 am

Ayt wrote:

They seem to have designed the game so that if you want to focus almost entirely on main quest content and skip most side content you can still maintain an appropriate level because the difference in XP gain between main content and side content is massive. If you are interested in doing side content you should do it when it is level appropriate.

This is what I have found, as well. I basically advance the main story when I need a level to use new equipment, or if I have found a side quest I'm doing to be too tough. The main story means virtually nothing to me, as I didn't play the first to games, so it's working well enough for me.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Post#1357 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Aug 6, 2015 2:45 am

As a side note, I have no idea how many hours I'm into the game as I left it open when I put my PS4 to rest once. It logged me like 4 days. I had no idea that would count as playtime (PS4 noob).
WRau1
RealGM

Post#1358 » by WRau1 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:34 pm

Anyone still play WoW? I've been away from it since about a month after Pandaria dropped, thinking about resub'ing for Legion to try out a Demon Hunter.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
BMatt07
Starter
And1: 2,139

Post#1359 » by BMatt07 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:52 pm

WRau1 wrote:Anyone still play WoW? I've been away from it since about a month after Pandaria dropped, thinking about resub'ing for Legion to try out a Demon Hunter.

I actually just started again this week. I got bored of ESO on PS4.

Figured I'd give it a shot, I've been having fun running heroics and stuff so far, just hit 100 yesterday.
WRau1
RealGM

Post#1360 » by WRau1 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:15 pm

BMatt07 wrote:
WRau1 wrote:Anyone still play WoW? I've been away from it since about a month after Pandaria dropped, thinking about resub'ing for Legion to try out a Demon Hunter.

I actually just started again this week. I got bored of ESO on PS4.

Figured I'd give it a shot, I've been having fun running heroics and stuff so far, just hit 100 yesterday.

Was it easy to jump back into? I activated the 10 day trial thing on my account and things look a little different w/ talents and such. Was probably going to pick up Warlords of Draenor this weekend.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz

Return to Milwaukee Bucks