OT: Video Gaming Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,480

Re: OT: Video Gaming Thread 

Post#961 » by neiLz » Sat Mar 7, 2015 1:15 am

Newz wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:I got back into Diablo Reaper of Souls in the last week and got a new Demon Hunter to level 70 in about a week. Then I got there and looked online to see what the popular builds were and I found out I'd been playing it terribly inefficient. The T2 that initially gave me some trouble were a breeze. I love this game for the incredible amount of ways you can play it, even if it really is just finding ways to kill the same **** over and over again more quickly. It should be boring but it isn't.

Diablo 3 is awesome for about two weeks, then it is time to take a break for a few months. But it is a lot of fun while it lasts.

Diablo 2 was like that... only it lasted for like eight years before it got boring. :P

Diablo 3 was fun for about 2 weeks for me too. I completed it a few times thne the higher levels it gets repetitive. Not much fun after that. but i did spend a boatload of hours those first two weeks enjoying it. Wizards rule.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,114

Post#962 » by FrieAaron » Sat Mar 7, 2015 6:33 am

ArodpwnsFavre wrote:
FrieAaron wrote:
ArodpwnsFavre wrote:im an original TF guy. Super fun. that game got me into online FPS. :-)

The Quake Mod? Man Quake was amazing. Still my favorite deathmatch game ever made, not even considering all the amazing mods to come out of it. TF, Action Quake, Quake Pong, Gloom, Chaos DM, Rocket Arena, and just random little ones that were fun.

I believe Team Fortress was a half life mod but quake was awesome too. :-) got me into PC gaming in college. ruined my social life :-(

No, the ORIGINAL TF was definitely a Quake mod, but HL did make a pretty much carbon copy of it (HL also had a copy of the Quake deathmatch called Classic Deathmatch I think).

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FVJ__rBFxk[/youtube]
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#963 » by WRau1 » Sun Mar 8, 2015 1:48 pm

Target running 30% off of certain games when you preorder any game for $1. Alot of the new sports titles included along with Dying Light.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
WRau1
RealGM

Post#964 » by WRau1 » Sun Mar 8, 2015 7:04 pm

That 30% off deal also applies to Dragon Age: Inquisition, which Amazon has on sale for $39.99. For anyone interested, you can have Target price match Amazon, then get 30% off through Target's preorder deal.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,777

Post#965 » by Ayt » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:27 pm

Cities: Skylines *drools all over self

The game is basically what the most recent SimCity should have been, so if you had interest in that game or any of the previous SimCity games I'd definitely check this out. Plus, it is cheap at only $30.

Just an example, one major complaint with SimCity was how small the map was. The map in this game is 9 times as big and can be modded to be 25 times as big.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/255710/
WRau1
RealGM

Post#966 » by WRau1 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:29 pm

Got an email today with a beta invite to Heroes of the Storm. Pretty excited about that.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
FrieAaron
General Manager

Post#967 » by FrieAaron » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:00 am

WRau1 wrote:Got an email today with a beta invite to Heroes of the Storm. Pretty excited about that.

It's a lot of fun but waaaaay more team oriented than other mobas so can be extremely frustrating at times.
mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,012

Post#968 » by mattg » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:34 am

I wouldn't bother with heroes of the storm. If you're going to casually play a moba might as well play LoL. If you're really looking to get into one then you might as well play dota2.
WRau1
RealGM

Post#969 » by WRau1 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:21 am

I'm big into WoW, Diablo and SC lore so playing as the legends will be pretty cool for a little bit. I doubt i'll play much when it's retail launched.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#970 » by H2tObes » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:28 am

Heroes is only fun with a full group. Easily the worst MOBA to play by yourself

Also impossible to carry your team in the game, it's not for me.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#971 » by Sauce Boss » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:28 pm

Haven't been on in awhile because reasons, but I've found myself hooked on Counter-Strike: Global Offensive this week. I pre-ordered the game way back in 2012, but Dota 2 had its hooks in me at the time so I only put 5 hours in it. Installed it again at the behest of one of my friends and I've more than quadrupled my time played in it.

I'm considering picking up Cities: Skylines as a change of pace game, and I'm also debating if I want to pick up GTA V on PC next month. I probably should wait on both, considering I really should finish DA:I first before getting any other games.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#972 » by wichmae » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:57 pm

OOTP 16 pre-release out today for anyone into sims'
WRau1
RealGM

Post#973 » by WRau1 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:42 pm

First content DLC for DragonAge Inquisition coming soon, Jaws of Hakkon. Sucks that's only available for XB1 & PC at first, guess I'll keep busy with Bloodborne.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,021

Post#974 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:48 pm

WRau1 wrote:First content DLC for DragonAge Inquisition coming soon, Jaws of Hakkon. Sucks that's only available for XB1 & PC at first, guess I'll keep busy with Bloodborne.

I kinda lost all interest in DA overnight. Finished the main story and then had no interest in any side questing or replaying.

But yea, I'm looking forward to seeing the flood of Bloodborne reviews tonight once the embargo lifts. I've seen people saying it's the first true next gen experience.
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,630

Post#975 » by Gianstoppable » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:03 pm

I like some arcade style games and wish the PS4 had more fun arcade games like the Xbox seems to have, that said I heard N+ was coming out with N++ last year and it keeps getting pushed back with little info. Anyone hear anything about N++?
#FreeChuckDiesel
FrieAaron
General Manager

Post#976 » by FrieAaron » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:27 pm

mattg wrote:I wouldn't bother with heroes of the storm. If you're going to casually play a moba might as well play LoL. If you're really looking to get into one then you might as well play dota2.

I think there are enough differences for anyone to give it a try. I prefer Heroes to those two because I find last hitting to be boring as sin and the item system to be an unnecessarily convoluted barrier of entry that gives only the illusion of choice in 90% of cases. I very much appreciate the way Heroes forces the action. But yes, that also makes it far more punishing for solo players than any other moba.
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,736

Post#977 » by DanoMac » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:58 pm

Excited for the new MLB The Show
mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,012

Post#978 » by mattg » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:29 pm

FrieAaron wrote:
mattg wrote:I wouldn't bother with heroes of the storm. If you're going to casually play a moba might as well play LoL. If you're really looking to get into one then you might as well play dota2.

I think there are enough differences for anyone to give it a try. I prefer Heroes to those two because I find last hitting to be boring as sin and the item system to be an unnecessarily convoluted barrier of entry that gives only the illusion of choice in 90% of cases. I very much appreciate the way Heroes forces the action. But yes, that also makes it far more punishing for solo players than any other moba.

Ehh I hear what you're saying but I just look at things differently. The entire reason you'd want to play this genre of game is to keep coming back to it because the variety keeps it fresh, no game is the exact same. So in that regard I expect a learning curve(if there is no learning curve that means there isn't enough content which means the game gets boring).

Also, the small map bugs me.
nmeurett
Bench Warmer
And1: 212

Post#979 » by nmeurett » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:22 pm

Anyone with a XBOX One getting Borderlands The Handsome Jack Collection? Looking for some people to play with and get some loot!
BMatt07
Starter
And1: 2,139

Post#980 » by BMatt07 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:47 pm

Sky High wrote:Alright...

Xbox One or PS4? I'm not a huge gamer anymore, so I'm not up to date with the pros and cons. At this point I would only be playing casually. I'd probably only start off with NBA 2K, Call of Duty and maybe Madden. Pretty standard. Plan on playing online.

I know it's very close between the two. Curious what everyone recommends for someone who plans on playing on a very casual basis.

I have my XB1 hooked up in my living room, and my PS4 hooked up in my basement, so maybe I can shine some light on this for you. It's honestly a toss-up.

I like the controllers on the XB1 way more, the rumble triggers are seriously fantastic. I like that you can hook your cable box in to the XB1 and watch TV while you're waiting for games to load, etc. Xbox Live also works absolutely flawlessly, the dedicated servers are amazing if you do a lot of online gaming. Exclusives have been disappointing so far, Titanfall was the only exclusive I was super excited for, and the game was a dud.

As for the PS4, graphically it's an upgrade over the XB1, and I can visibly notice a difference between the two. The controller is much improved over that of the PS3, but I still don't completely like the parallel joysticks. The system is a lot smaller physically, doesn't have a huge power brick, and runs almost silently. PSN is also much improved over that of PS3, still doesn't work as seamlessly or have the features of Xbox Live though in my opinion, the free games seem to be good though. The exclusives thus far have been very lackluster, the Order 1886 was terrible, and like 6 hours long for instance.

As for exclusive titles, they have been pretty underwhelming for both systems so far. I'd say if you play primarily third party titles, rather than exclusives, then the PS4 would probably be the choice based on the better components in the PS4. If you are all about Halo, Gears of War, etc, then I'd go for for XB1. There's a rumor that 2K games is developing a football game that is going to be an XB1 exclusive this summer, which would be a game changer for many people, as NFL 2K5 is still the best football game ever made.

Just my two cents. Sorry for the novel lol.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks