ImageImage

OT: Video Gaming Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,478

Re: OT: Video Gaming Thread 

Post#981 » by neiLz » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:26 pm

Sauce Boss wrote:Haven't been on in awhile because reasons, but I've found myself hooked on Counter-Strike: Global Offensive this week. I pre-ordered the game way back in 2012, but Dota 2 had its hooks in me at the time so I only put 5 hours in it. Installed it again at the behest of one of my friends and I've more than quadrupled my time played in it.

I'm considering picking up Cities: Skylines as a change of pace game, and I'm also debating if I want to pick up GTA V on PC next month. I probably should wait on both, considering I really should finish DA:I first before getting any other games.

If you are into csgo and like competitive, add me tehneiLz. I play mainly weekends with a few friends. game is extremely addicting :-)
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,942

Post#982 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:35 am

Had it for a day, and I've never yelled louder in anger at a video game death than I have at Bloodborne.

I couldn't get into any of the Souls games because the combat seemed too slow, but this game seems to get it (almost) right.
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,478

Post#983 » by neiLz » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:40 pm

Waiting for bloodborne to get delivered. reviews seem positive. Hopefully it keeps my attention longer than evolve did.
BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#984 » by BobbyLight » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:27 pm

I ordered GTAV and AC Unity yesterday, 2 for the price of one kind of thing. I do want to play Bloodborne but that will be when it's cheap. Hard games make me mad.

Otherwise, I've been playing a few things.

OlliOlli 2 on Vita - Best f**king skateboarding game since the last Skate game. I was able to get through all the amatuer levels and I can get a few stars on Pro levels but that game is so hard it does lose it's appeal quickly. I've basically hit a wall of difficulty I can't break through, but the 5 hours or so I had with it were fantastic. Think endless runner with skateboarding tricks that doesn't nickle and dime you for power ups.

Velocity 2X on Vita - Another fantastic game that's also difficult. This one isn't difficult to beat, but it is difficult to perfect. It's like a speed bullet hell game mixed with speed platforming. Both sets of gameplay work well. Really fun game.

Transistor on PS4 - This might be one of the best games I've played this gen. Actually, it just is one of the best. Only a few hours in but it is short. A great mix of action and turn based RPG elements with a great presentation, combat system and the story is interesting. Highly recommend.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#985 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:40 pm

BobbyLight wrote:I ordered GTAV and AC Unity yesterday, 2 for the price of one kind of thing. I do want to play Bloodborne but that will be when it's cheap. Hard games make me mad.

OlliOlli 2 on Vita - Best f**king skateboarding game since the last Skate game. I was able to get through all the amatuer levels and I can get a few stars on Pro levels but that game is so hard it does lose it's appeal quickly. I've basically hit a wall of difficulty I can't break through, but the 5 hours or so I had with it were fantastic. Think endless runner with skateboarding tricks that doesn't nickle and dime you for power ups.

Velocity 2X on Vita - Another fantastic game that's also difficult. This one isn't difficult to beat, but it is difficult to perfect. It's like a speed bullet hell game mixed with speed platforming. Both sets of gameplay work well. Really fun game.

Transistor on PS4 - This might be one of the best games I've played this gen. Actually, it just is one of the best. Only a few hours in but it is short. A great mix of action and turn based RPG elements with a great presentation, combat system and the story is interesting. Highly recommend.

Every since it came out it's been one of those that makes me think I should immediately play it, and then I never do. Fixing that now, it's installing.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#986 » by Sauce Boss » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:57 am

I know there are a bunch of Baldur's Gate fans here, so just thought I'd mention Pillars of Eternity comes out tomorrow. It's from Obsidian and is heavily influenced by the Infinity Engine era of CRPG games. Definitely something to keep an eye on if that is your cup of tea.

Here is a quick look of it from Giant Bomb:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWU7U37LOKA[/youtube]
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,647

Post#987 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:07 am

I'm replaying BG2:SoA right now. God it's such an amazing game and experience. My favorite ever. GOAT. All of these years later - a thousand-plus hours in total, I am sure - I still can't wait to get home and finish a quest.

I'm definitely going to be playing Pillars of Eternity.
BMatt07
Starter
And1: 2,138

Post#988 » by BMatt07 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:22 pm

I've been playing Battlefield Hardline on PS4 like crack, it's so fun.

Some of the game types are just awesome, I've been playing a lot of Hotwire.
JustinCredible
Head Coach
And1: 2,965

Post#989 » by JustinCredible » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:32 pm

I am more into the text-based simulation games like OOTP and Front Office Football. Anyone else play those? Are there any good college or pro basketball ones?
All posts are my own opinion.
Twitter: @itsjwills
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,448

Post#990 » by Matches Malone » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:00 pm

Sauce Boss wrote:I know there are a bunch of Baldur's Gate fans here, so just thought I'd mention Pillars of Eternity comes out tomorrow. It's from Obsidian and is heavily influenced by the Infinity Engine era of CRPG games. Definitely something to keep an eye on if that is your cup of tea.

Wow that takes me back. I use to play Baldur's Gate with my buddies years ago. Great times. I'll have to look into this game.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
BMatt07
Starter

Post#991 » by BMatt07 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:05 pm

Yes... finally more Star Wars Battlefront is going to be shown.

Apparently possible gameplay footage will be shown between April 16th and 19th, at the Star Wars Convention in California. Hnnnnggggg.

http://www.gamesradar.com/star-wars-bat ... ion-april/
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#992 » by Sauce Boss » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:57 am

MikeIsGood wrote:I'm definitely going to be playing Pillars of Eternity.

Matches Malone wrote:
Sauce Boss wrote:I know there are a bunch of Baldur's Gate fans here, so just thought I'd mention Pillars of Eternity comes out tomorrow. It's from Obsidian and is heavily influenced by the Infinity Engine era of CRPG games. Definitely something to keep an eye on if that is your cup of tea.

Wow that takes me back. I use to play Baldur's Gate with my buddies years ago. Great times. I'll have to look into this game.

If you have a Green Man Gaming account, the VIP section has Pillars of Eternity for $33 instead of the regular $45. I've read the game should take about 60-70 hours for your first playthrough.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
Viva La Grinch
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#993 » by Viva La Grinch » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:00 am

BMatt07 wrote:I've been playing Battlefield Hardline on PS4 like crack, it's so fun.

Some of the game types are just awesome, I've been playing a lot of Hotwire.

For those on the fence about this game, it is on sale at Best Buy starting Sunday for $39.99 already.
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 5,961

Post#994 » by Siefer » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:44 am

BobbyLight wrote:I ordered GTAV and AC Unity yesterday, 2 for the price of one kind of thing. I do want to play Bloodborne but that will be when it's cheap. Hard games make me mad.

Good call. Transistor and Child of Light were my two favorite games of 2014.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,647

Post#995 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:16 pm

Sauce Boss wrote:If you have a Green Man Gaming account, the VIP section has Pillars of Eternity for $33 instead of the regular $45. I've read the game should take about 60-70 hours for your first playthrough.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/

Good looking out 8-)
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#996 » by WRau1 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:57 pm

Pretty excitied for Witcher 3. The more that comes out about that game, the more I want to play it.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
BMatt07
Starter

Post#997 » by BMatt07 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:38 pm

Getting closer and closer to some more footage of Star Wars Battlefront. Developers are saying it will break the internet when it's shown. Sure hope this isn't just a hype job.

http://www.worldsfactory.net/2015/04/13 ... nt-trailer
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#998 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:09 am

Mortal Kombat X is soooooo good. Haven't been able to get into a fighter since Marvel vs Capcom 2 15 years ago, but this is a blast.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,939

Post#999 » by humanrefutation » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:28 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Mortal Kombat X is soooooo good. Haven't been able to get into a fighter since Marvel vs Capcom 2 15 years ago, but this is a blast.

Came here to say the same thing. It really is **** glorious. It's been so much fun. The fighting is excellent as is the assortment of characters and their respective fighting styles. Even the story mode isn't too bad. I'm really really enjoying it.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,593

Post#1000 » by TroyD92 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:30 pm

I just got Endless Legend on steam (50% off or something like that). Really enjoying it so far. Haven't had a ton of time to delve into it so far though.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks