Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,565

Re: Hawks Fan - Trading for Zaza idea 

Post#21 » by Frank Nova » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:45 pm

Bucks_MacGyver wrote:
ElPeregrino wrote:
kbrow20 wrote:What if we switch either Mekel or James for Crowder and add a pick?

For me, it would take a couple of firsts to move Knight, preferably those picks a few years down the road.

It's mind boggling how people here undervalue knight.

Sent from my SM-G900P using RealGM Forums mobile app

I don't think anyone "undervalues" knight. It's just pretty obvious he's not fit to be a starting PG and he's too small to get heavy minutes at SG. Most Bucks fans actually value Knight as a nice scoring option that offers a little bit of everything else but only at an average or so level. I think that's a fair assessment IMO. I'm a Knight fan but I'm certainly not opposed to moving him for either a pure PG or a pure shooter on the wing, he's neither 1 of those and that's 2 areas we lack heavily as the team sits right now. He's only 22 and can still get better so there's zero reason to just hand him away, especially for some crappy trade offer like the Dallas 1.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,664

Post#22 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:12 pm

Why is knight too small to play the two? It's not like there's a bunch of prime kobe or prime Joe Johnson huge sgs who can punish you for playing a smaller guy at the 2 spot.

Sent from my SM-N900V using RealGM Forums mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#23 » by M-C-G » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:17 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Why is knight too small to play the two? It's not like there's a bunch of prime kobe or prime Joe Johnson huge sgs who can punish you for playing a smaller guy at the 2 spot.

Sent from my SM-N900V using RealGM Forums mobile app

His standing reach is as good or better than;
Waiters
Mayo
Reddick
Hinrich

He is undersized at 2 but not as much as people make it out to be.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Post#24 » by CanadaBucks » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:27 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
kbrow20 wrote:Would you consider Zaza + Knight for Wright + James + Mekel?

No.

times 2
kbrow20
Pro Prospect
And1: 40

Post#25 » by kbrow20 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:24 am

Ok now I seen you got Marshall. What is Wolters status?
Would you consider Wright + Mekel for Zaza + Wolters?
You get his salary gone after this season and we get a legit back C and PG.
RightToCensor wrote:Rubio is just too damn inefficient to be a team's primary option for offense. He needs to play in a system offense for you to get the best out of him. Trade him to New York, Dallas, or any other team that could use a poor-man's Rajon Rondo.
Really LOL
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,771

Post#26 » by Baddy Chuck » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:25 am

kbrow20 wrote:Ok now I seen you got Marshall. What is Wolters status?

Nope.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
kbrow20
Pro Prospect

Post#27 » by kbrow20 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:35 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:

Nope.

Who do you guys rather have as a backup? Marshall or Wolters? I was wanting Mavs to pick up Marshall because he is a really good passing PG
RightToCensor wrote:Rubio is just too damn inefficient to be a team's primary option for offense. He needs to play in a system offense for you to get the best out of him. Trade him to New York, Dallas, or any other team that could use a poor-man's Rajon Rondo.
Really LOL
RandyBreuer
Sixth Man
And1: 174
Location: hoistin' 3s like Delfino, pimpin' 4 recruits like Pitino

Post#28 » by RandyBreuer » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:43 am

M-C-G wrote:Not interested in moving ZaZa...You can't have an all young team without any guys there to mentor and teach them how to be a man on and more importantly off the court.

God save us if Mayo is looked to by the young guys for how to be a pro. Plus, next year he is a useful 5M expiring that may have some value in a bigger deal if necessary.

I still look at next year as 2014-2015. Coach Kidd is who the young guys will look up to and be taught by, not a journeyman like Zaza. Imo a win now move for Hawks that sends Zaza for cap relief make sense.
Drugbust wrote
"Sorry if my opinion offended your delicate sensibilities"

In Horst we trust.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,771

Post#29 » by Baddy Chuck » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:45 am

kbrow20 wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:

Nope.

Who do you guys rather have as a backup? Marshall or Wolters? I was wanting Mavs to pick up Marshall because he is a really good passing PG

Doesn't really matter, we got both. Basically what I would say right now is if you want Zaza as your backup center, you can have him for Wright. We aren't in any position or need to add an asset into that deal currently.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
kbrow20
Pro Prospect

Post#30 » by kbrow20 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:50 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
kbrow20 wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:Nope.

Doesn't really matter, we got both. Basically what I would say right now is if you want Zaza as your backup center, you can have him for Wright. We aren't in any position or need to add an asset into that deal currently.

What if we throw in a pick? I offered that because we want both a PG that can either start or come off the bench plus a backup center. We don't know how much we can trust Felton with his size. Wolters or Marshall would be a upgrade for us. I am sure you know what I am talking about with Felton with Mayo.
So

Wright + Mekel + pick for Zaza + Wolter or Marshall? Whichever you would prefer.
Really LOL
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,532

Post#31 » by raferfenix » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:55 am

I could see us salary dumping Zaza particularly if we were about to make an offer to Bledsoe.

Either way he might be the odd man out on the roster if we have Henson slotted at center and if we like Miroslav more.

Would rather dump Mayo though since effort is far from a problem with Pachulia.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#32 » by M-C-G » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:41 pm

RandyBreuer wrote:
M-C-G wrote:Not interested in moving ZaZa...You can't have an all young team without any guys there to mentor and teach them how to be a man on and more importantly off the court.

God save us if Mayo is looked to by the young guys for how to be a pro. Plus, next year he is a useful 5M expiring that may have some value in a bigger deal if necessary.

I still look at next year as 2014-2015. Coach Kidd is who the young guys will look up to and be taught by, not a journeyman like Zaza. Imo a win now move for Hawks that sends Zaza for cap relief make sense.

Yeah, I guess I am not sure that you can put that much on Kidd in only his second year...Additionally, I don't know that he is mature enough himself to guide a bunch of college age kids, and grow them into men. He can certainly be looked up to, but you need some guys in the locker room that look out for the young guys...I value leadership more than most though, I see it as a real, tangible, valuable thing.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks