ImageImage

Bucks Claim Kendall Marshall off waivers

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,928

Re: Bucks Claim Kendall Marshall off waivers 

Post#661 » by theFireBlanket » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:28 am

DickCunningham wrote:Tonight's article on Marshall on jsonline.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/bucks/ne ... 05512.html

Um, there doesn't seem to be any mention of Wolters in the article. Mentions of Knight and Bayless. I'm hoping that it's just an oversight by Charles G., but I'm not so sure.

DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
Bfinkish
Sixth Man
And1: 126

Post#662 » by Bfinkish » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:07 am

not understanding this delay on bayless signing....
God is good.
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,173

Post#663 » by raysbookclub » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:04 pm

From the JS article,

The 22-year-old Virginia native provides a true point guard option to go along with Brandon Knight and newcomer Jerryd Bayless, both considered hybrid types that can play either point guard or shooting guard.

"They've got a couple scoring guards and maybe I can take the pressure off them and let them focus on that," Marshall said.

is potentially encouraging. Maybe it's his way of saying that there's a role for him on the team, but maybe the Bucks too realize that neither Knight or Bayless is a true point/starting point guard?
theFireBlanket
RealGM

Post#664 » by theFireBlanket » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:11 pm

books wrote:From the JS article,

The 22-year-old Virginia native provides a true point guard option to go along with Brandon Knight and newcomer Jerryd Bayless, both considered hybrid types that can play either point guard or shooting guard.

"They've got a couple scoring guards and maybe I can take the pressure off them and let them focus on that," Marshall said.

is potentially encouraging. Maybe it's his way of saying that there's a role for him on the team, but maybe the Bucks too realize that neither Knight or Bayless is a true point/starting point guard?

I don't think there'd be heavy rumors of them not considering Knight a point guard anymore without some substance to it. Although I suppose that Kidd could still be willing to give him a chance, until he more immediately experiences what others have. That would be reminiscent of what Larry Drew tried early last season. Those rumors at least confirm Hammond's view of the situation, whether or not it matters.

SkilesTheLimit
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,795

Post#665 » by SkilesTheLimit » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:21 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:
books wrote:From the JS article,

I don't think there'd be heavy rumors of them not considering Knight a point guard anymore without some substance to it. Although I suppose that Kidd could still be willing to give him a chance, until he more immediately experiences what others have. That would be reminiscent of what Larry Drew tried early last season. Those rumors at least confirm Hammond's view of the situation, whether or not it matters.

I'm not even worried about Knight playing PG anymore. I know that even if Kidd started him at PG to start the season, it wouldn't take more than a handful of games for Kidd to realize he has the court vision of Stevie Wonder.

That's why having low usage Marshall playing PG will be an asset to the growth of everyone, but most excited to see how he puts Parker, Giannis, Henson, and Sanders in ideal position to grow offensively.
We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees.
- Jason Kidd
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,620

Post#666 » by Matches Malone » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:50 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/1250WSSP/status/491942528019873792[/tweet]
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#667 » by Newz » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:58 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:Image

This stupid cat gif made me laugh way more than it should have.
theFireBlanket
RealGM

Post#668 » by theFireBlanket » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:10 pm

StikWitEM wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/1250WSSP/status/491942528019873792[/tweet]
Wish he were on 920 instead, then I'd feel compelled to listen in.

theFireBlanket
RealGM

Post#669 » by theFireBlanket » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:13 pm

SkilesTheLimit wrote:That's why having low usage Marshall playing PG will be an asset to the growth of everyone, but most excited to see how he puts Parker, Giannis, Henson, and Sanders in ideal position to grow offensively.

I think that Larry might end up being the happiest of those guys on the floor playing with Marshall because he's so used to being around greedy chucking guards. I'll project that Marshall gets everyone in their spots and that encourages them to emulate his play by making extra passes.

That hopefully leads to Jabari really striving to become the playmaker that he's capable of being. He has Giannis for inspiration and learning in this regard as well (not to mention Kidd), so I'm thinking that it's very likely that he does.

CaptainAwesome
Senior
And1: 83

Post#670 » by CaptainAwesome » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:46 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:
StikWitEM wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/1250WSSP/status/491942528019873792[/tweet]
Wish he were on 920 instead, then I'd feel compelled to listen in.

Yeah, that was pretty bad.

Marshall was talking about how he was excited to play with his best friend and Muppet says "who's your best friend?"

Upchuck finally stammers out Henson, right as Marshall says that "John and me are pretty close..."

At least it was refreshing to hear Marshall talk about how he was excited to learn from Kidd.

Thank goodness they brought up Chipotle.
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,173

Post#671 » by raysbookclub » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:49 pm

Um, there doesn't seem to be any mention of Wolters in the article. Mentions of Knight and Bayless. I'm hoping that it's just an oversight by Charles G., but I'm not so sure.

There's a poll now on the JS about whether you think Wolters will be on the team when the season starts. ?!
Chemthethriller
Sophomore
And1: 26

Post#672 » by Chemthethriller » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:55 pm

Hopefully we don't **** the bed on this move, our lineup needs to be:
PG Marshall
SG Knight
SF Giannas
PF Parker
C Sanders

I really hope we give Marshall a fair shot at running the point, I am a believer in his abilities also.
DickCunningham
Rookie
And1: 238

Post#673 » by DickCunningham » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:35 pm

books wrote:

There's a poll now on the JS about whether you think Wolters will be on the team when the season starts. ?!

If this is typical js investigative journalism, Charles G has already been told that Wolters is getting moved to clear a roster spot for Bayless. No inside information here, but just a bad sinking feeling.
"Our goal is to become a championship team," Kidd said.
Wonka
General Manager
And1: 4,730

Post#674 » by Wonka » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:42 pm

If we move Nate, I am going to be furious to be honest. No reason him and Kendall can't take all the PG minutes while Bayless and Knight handle the SG minutes.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,729

Post#675 » by emunney » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:47 pm

Seems like a good time to point out that only one Hammond second rounder (the first one, LRMAM) played with the Bucks for more than one season. I like Nate and hope we keep him.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#676 » by H2tObes » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:55 pm

I like Nate and hope we keep him, but it's not the end of the world if we move him. His ceiling is a backup PG, expendable. If he's starting for your team then your team is screwed in the first place.
hakjak
Junior
And1: 201

Post#677 » by hakjak » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:01 pm

Nate, at best is an average backup PG and I don't see the fascination with him. If he stays or goes, it makes no difference.
'it's not when you come, it's how hard you come'

-Doris Burke 2/28/21
SpursNBucks
Banned User
And1: 113

Post#678 » by SpursNBucks » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:04 pm

Is it a guaranteed that the Bucks sign Bayless? Not sure why they would. He's just a worse version of Knight. I like the Marshall signing, and think he and Wolters could be an OK platoon at PG. Seems like Kidd isn't a fan of Wolters.

Wonder if they are shopping Ersan, it's almost comical how Kidd throws his name around in any conversation.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#679 » by El Duderino » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:05 pm

emunney wrote:Seems like a good time to point out that only one Hammond second rounder (the first one, LRMAM) played with the Bucks for more than one season. I like Nate and hope we keep him.

Yea, Hammond has a good knack for drafting second rounders who manage to stick in the NBA, but he also likes to trade them away to play on other teams.

Granted though, none have become so good that you would sit back and really stress over them no longer being on the Bucks.

Meeks is the best of Hammond second rounders to be quickly traded away, but he's not exactly a big difference maker.
DickCunningham
Rookie
And1: 238

Post#680 » by DickCunningham » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:10 pm

I have no idea if Wolters' ceiling is more than a back-up point guard, but I have a feeling that lots of people made the same assessment of Steve Nash after his rookie season. A little too early to say for Wolters. He showed improvement over the course of last season.
"Our goal is to become a championship team," Kidd said.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks