Jabari Parker: Weight Watchers, and Other Stuff

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,927

Re: Jabari Parker: Weight Watchers, and Other Stuff 

Post#661 » by theFireBlanket » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:54 pm

JEIS wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:If Larry Sanders "redeems" himself and returns to form, we won't want to trade him. If the Cav's want him, I think they'd need to put their best offer on the table now IMO.

I have no desire for the Bucks to play any part in helping the Cavs become a dynasty.

I don't think Kidd will have any interest in dealing Larry without getting to know what he's capable of doing in his system. He wanted to get him to Brooklyn and the Cavaliers available assets aren't exactly all that enticing for the Bucks.

Cleveland probably think they can low ball Milwaukee for Larry Image Their interest begins with that idea in mind. I don't think the Bucks should be looking to sell low at all. And it's not like the Cavs have anything valuable enough to make a trade appear otherwise.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,006

Post#662 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:21 pm

H2tObes wrote:I'll be fine with Giannis averaging 10 PPG on good efficiency this year. 18 PPG is outrageous and simply wont happen, and if he comes anything close to that we got a star

I watched all the summer league games and I think hes gonna score more than we think. I was kinda concerned about him last year but this summer league was eye opening. personally I think hes gonna look to score a lot more than last year.

if I had to call it I think both parker and giannis are 15+ppg on below average efficiency this year. I think both look to be volume scorers and in future years we see their efficiency improve to match the scoring output. they take knights role from last year. and knight, middleton, ersan(ugh), mayo(ugh), Dudley(ugh) will be the guys that pitch in on the side and see their efficiency improve because they aren't featured as much.

so based on what I saw in SL I think giannis is gonna be a turnover machine and make a lot of whack plays but I also think this is the year they give him that looong leash and let him get out and go.... and initiate stuff in the half court too. im kinda stoked about it actually.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,838

Post#663 » by VooDoo7 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:55 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:so based on what I saw in SL

You should never base anything off of what you saw in Summer League.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,674

Post#664 » by chonestown » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:36 pm

bullox wrote:I'll put this here because it has "Other Stuff" in the title.

For all you tank gif lovers, here's Poland's new prototype stealth tank.

Rumors were heard that the plans were completed earlier this year by a team in Milwaukee.

Bookmarked for October 29.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
Fresh_Prince12
Head Coach
And1: 2,184

Post#665 » by Fresh_Prince12 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:10 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
H2tObes wrote:I'll be fine with Giannis averaging 10 PPG on good efficiency this year. 18 PPG is outrageous and simply wont happen, and if he comes anything close to that we got a star

I watched all the summer league games and I think hes gonna score more than we think. I was kinda concerned about him last year but this summer league was eye opening. personally I think hes gonna look to score a lot more than last year.

if I had to call it I think both parker and giannis are 15+ppg on below average efficiency this year. I think both look to be volume scorers and in future years we see their efficiency improve to match the scoring output. they take knights role from last year. and knight, middleton, ersan(ugh), mayo(ugh), Dudley(ugh) will be the guys that pitch in on the side and see their efficiency improve because they aren't featured as much.

so based on what I saw in SL I think giannis is gonna be a turnover machine and make a lot of whack plays but I also think this is the year they give him that looong leash and let him get out and go.... and initiate stuff in the half court too. im kinda stoked about it actually.

That was good enough to win Rookie of the year for mcw, lets hope we get most improved.
Wise1
RealGM
And1: 256

Post#666 » by Wise1 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:35 pm

Jabari will score and lead the team in that regard. He'll have his rookie nights and those nights where seasoned veterans will make it their mission to put the rookie in his place. He'll overcome all of that by allstar break if not sooner. He's a basketball prodigy.

Giannis showed a lot in SL and I have newfound faith that he can score the ball better than I'd previously thought. If he plays 30 minutes and is the primary ballhandler on the floor, he should average 14ppg or more. I do think he'll start out slow offensively looking to master the pass first point guard role.

The media day question that I want answered is from Brandon Knight. Someone needs to ask him questions like this: Coming off of your breakout season in which you put up career marks in scoring, what's next for Brandon Knight? What do you think your role will be this year and what are your personel goals and expectations for yourself and for the team?

I want to hear if Brandon has any deference in his mind. I want to find out if he still sees himself as the lead dog on this team. If he does, I'd rather start Mayo or even Wolters at the two next to Giannis. I don't want Parker or Giannis stunted at all.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#667 » by Chuck Diesel » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:04 pm

3:48 Joe Johnson on Jason Kidd's practices-

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJWNPr0EYFw#t=240[/youtube]
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,415

Post#668 » by MiltownHawkeye » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:02 pm

I see Parker struggling with his jump shot to start out with. I don't know if the range is there yet to have a passable 3-point shot his rookie season. I can easily see shooting splits of 44/28/75 or something like that.

I think that Giannis and Parker will average about 30 ppg together. I really don't care how much Giannis scores as long as it's in double figures, he averages at least 3 assists with 3 or less turnovers, and his 3P% can be at least in the mid-30s with increased attempts. I would consider that a huge success. I think the team will be better with him on the floor even if his box score stats don't reflect it. I'm not expecting that huge jump for another 1-2 years.
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
Bucks_MacGyver
Sixth Man
And1: 339

Post#669 » by Bucks_MacGyver » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:20 pm

Can we start the pre season all this predicting fg % is getting boring

Sent from my SM-G900P using RealGM Forums mobile app
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,736

Post#670 » by DanoMac » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:29 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:Image

Get in that ass Larry
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,653

Post#671 » by TroyD92 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:30 pm

An in shape Parker makes me even more excited to watch this team.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,838

Post#672 » by VooDoo7 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:13 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:3:48 Joe Johnson on Jason Kidd's practices-

Would love to know what that means exactly.

BTW, that lady may have the most un-sexy voice I've ever heard.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,026

Post#673 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:15 pm

10 points a game is the min I would be ok with Giannis this year. Just bumping his minutes up to 31, and slightly improving efficiency he should hit 10. Add in a couple more more plays a game? He should be around 15. Hopefully he makes the jump to 18+ his 3rd year.
Bucks_MacGyver
Sixth Man
And1: 339

Post#674 » by Bucks_MacGyver » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:42 am

I think the subtraction of Gary Neal and Larry Drew will bump up his ppg from 7 to 10 at minimum. Should average 13-15ppg in my opinion

engelmartin
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,881

Post#675 » by engelmartin » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:48 am

Bucks_MacGyver wrote:I think the subtraction of Gary Neal and Larry Drew will bump up his ppg from 7 to 10 at minimum. Should average 13-15ppg in my opinion

What are you trying to say about Gary Neal and Larry Drew?!
KnicksGod wrote:Middleton probably the most underrated player in NBA History
breakchains
General Manager
And1: 2,708

Post#676 » by breakchains » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:11 am

I think for this year at least, Giannis's ppg will directly correlate to the mandate he (and the team) gets from Kidd. If it's just a hands-off, do-whatever-the-f*ck-you-want-to-do team with no vision, then Giannis's selflessness will hinder him on a team with Knight and Jabari. But if, like in Summer League where Giannis was given not only the green light but was specifically told to be aggressive, Giannis will pleasantly surprise us.

Basically, as a lot of us said last year, if Kidd "gives Giannis the keys" - Giannis will produce. He is such a team-oriented player that it almost has to be drilled into him, until he gets a little bit older and commands the respect he should.
Willie Colon
Starter
And1: 1,151

Post#677 » by Willie Colon » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:14 am

I know we always rag on Tony Smith and that chubby teddy bear looking guy, but we should consider ourselves lucky that we don't have Steph Lova as an analyst. I didn't think it was possible for a pregame show to be even more unwatchable than the Bucks, but damn.
We have Giannis Antetokounmpo and you don't. :naaa:
breakchains
General Manager
And1: 2,708

Post#678 » by breakchains » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:16 am

Spoiler:

That's pretty discouraging. But I guess we wait and see how it plays out.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#679 » by Bernman » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:24 am

Giannis - 13 pts (55 ts%), 7 rebs, 4 asts, 1.5 blks, 1.5 stls

Jabari - 15 pts (50 ts%), 6.5 rebs, 1.5 asts, 1 stl, .5 blks

Knight, Middleton, and Jabari all around the same ppgz average to lead team.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
JEIS
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,161

Post#680 » by JEIS » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:10 pm

Jabari reminds me of Corey Maggette.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks