ImageImage

ATL: What are the 76'ers going to do with that cap space?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Re: ATL: What are the 76'ers going to do with that cap space 

Post#81 » by raferfenix » Wed Sep 3, 2014 6:55 pm

Simmons and Lowe talked Rondo on the BS report:

ConstableGeneva wrote:
165bows wrote:New BS report with Zach Lowe about Rondo, no mention of Jackie.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/grantland/ ... d=11457515

Yep, Simmons believes Rondo's gone before the season.They were trying to find landing spots for Rondo via trade and they just couldn't find something decent. Charlotte (Vonleh, Zeller/MKG, etc.), Houston (Jones, Ariza, NO pick, etc.), Sacramento (McLemore, Williams, unprotected pick, etc.), Phoenix (Bledsoe), Detroit (Monroe) were mentioned I believe. Via free agency, New York and Dallas are their best bets.

KJandHondo35 wrote:Couple things, I don't see NYK especially Phil trading anything for Rondo, or even going after him in FA. The fact is the triangle is built to take away or limit the PG position from controlling the ball and subbing that to get shooting primarily and capable ball handling/passing. You get the opposite with Rondo, even with Melo liking him, I see his control of the roster now very low with Phil at the helm. If they were to do anything now it would be to sell out for Bledsoe but even that's a stretch because of their assets. Monroe also would be a poor mans Pau that fits the triangle much better that Rondo.

The podcast was great IMO. Really legit discussion on where Rondo would fit.

Big teams they were betting on was:

Dallas -Lowe's #1 best fit/likely destination

HOU - personally don't see a good fit next to Harden

CHA -Simmons' #1 pick, Vonleh, MKG/Kemba/pick package. Said they have a lot of options/assets and could make a push at 3rd best team in east with a Rondo trade.

DET -thought SVG might have the balls to go Monroe for Rondo straight up eventually then just bury Jennings or buy him out.

Miami- dark horse trade contender or at least FA option. No assets but the fit was legitimate.

Kings also get a shout out. Due to the craziness of the Owner, might make a trade even without the assurance he'll resign there because of his belief SacTown will grow on him and he'll eventually buy in. Boogie is there, Gay is consistently hated but is a top 5 SF and Team USA player. McLemore, Williams, pick was the package they talked about.

They said Knicks are a FA possibility but like I said previously I don't see it working.

As mentioned Simmons has the trade happening before the season, maybe a team gets restless and makes it happen but I think it's more likely he starts in green and is moved a couple weeks before the deadline. Lowe doesn't really take a firm stance on when just that he agrees he gets moved eventually and that he doesn't believe the Celtics want to pay Rondo at all so they won't let him go to FA and let him walk.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#82 » by Nebula1 » Wed Sep 3, 2014 7:15 pm

Good for Ekpe to land with the Clippers. Hopefully he can get his career reignitied.
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#83 » by Nebula1 » Wed Sep 3, 2014 10:13 pm

Diana Taurasi has been really good for anybody watching some WNBA. She's probably my all time favorite WNBA player.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#84 » by trwi7 » Wed Sep 3, 2014 10:14 pm

Nebula1 wrote:anybody watching some WNBA.

That doesn't happen.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,049

Post#85 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Sep 3, 2014 10:41 pm

raferfenix wrote:Simmons and Lowe talked Rondo on the BS report:

I don't see Boston getting in return what the Boston homers (Simmons and Lowe) want.

That said, Rondo being on the block further messes up Bledsoe's leverage and PHX's leverage in certain ways.

We are into September now. Camps open in 30-days or less. This Bledsoe thing will be coming to a head shortly. Someone is going to have to blink.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,924

Post#86 » by stellation » Wed Sep 3, 2014 10:41 pm

trwi7 wrote:

That doesn't happen.

Penny Taylor was playing in that game.
#FreeChuckDiesel
WiscoKing13
RealGM
And1: 1,274

Post#87 » by WiscoKing13 » Wed Sep 3, 2014 10:48 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F898Z_UbDo&list=UU8C8WuWSsFjWFaTHcUQeQxA[/youtube]

Didn't know where to put this, but I know a lot of people have followed Butler throughout his career because of his WI ties.
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

I squandered an asset? Then Hammond taught me well.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#88 » by trwi7 » Wed Sep 3, 2014 10:54 pm

stellation wrote:
trwi7 wrote:

That doesn't happen.

Penny Taylor was playing in that game.

Okay. She's decent but I don't watch sports to look at chicks (except Caroline Wozniacki.)

I'm much more entertained by 10 fat guys missing 80% of the shots they take. At least I can laugh at them jiggling and know they aren't paid professionals making $14,000 a year to miss 80% of their shots.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
jokeboy86
General Manager
And1: 5,160

Post#89 » by jokeboy86 » Wed Sep 3, 2014 10:54 pm

trwi7 wrote:

That doesn't happen.

I watch it just cause I love the game of basketball no matter who plays. I saw Sunday's game while I was at the gym and you can't tell me that game wasn't great from start to finish. I think now we're in the era of watching some of the best women's basketball players to ever play the game(didn't get to see Cheryl Miller). Watching Maya Moore and Taurasi go at each other is must see basketball TV(Taurasi might be the greatest ever when its all said and done). And if Chicago gets to the Finals I would encourage everybody to watch Delle Donne vs Griner
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,924

Post#90 » by stellation » Wed Sep 3, 2014 11:02 pm

They had just under 10k people at that Mercury/Lynx game on Sunday.
#FreeChuckDiesel
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Post#91 » by CanadaBucks » Thu Sep 4, 2014 1:55 am

trwi7 wrote:

That doesn't happen.

I tried once...never again
Garbs_7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,582

Post#92 » by Garbs_7 » Thu Sep 4, 2014 2:43 am

Sacramento have to push HARD for Rondo. Their roster is awful considering they want to compete in the Western Conference and you don't want to continually lose when you have a nice (but immature and volatile) piece in Boogie Cousins. Rondo would complement that team really well and give them a chance to push for one of those final playoff spots in the West. They wouldn't make it, but at least they could put themselves in the conversation.

Rondo / Stauskus / Gay / Landry / Cousins

That could be pretty fun to watch ^
raferfenix
RealGM

Post#93 » by raferfenix » Thu Sep 4, 2014 4:52 am

Marc Stein has an update on the "Bledsoe saga":

http://espn.go.com/blog/marc-stein/post ... edsoe-saga

but make no mistake: Phoenix would be facing tremendous risk here as well. Should Bledsoe decide to sign the qualifying offer, as appears increasingly likely if no sign-and-trade materializes, Bledsoe can't be traded without his consent for the whole season ... and would instantly set himself up to join Dragic as an unrestricted free agent next summer.

Consider that last sentence again.

If Bledsoe elects to go the rare qualifying offer route, Phoenix would suddenly face the very real possibility of losing both of its two best assets without compensation in 2015 free agency.

The Lakers, for example, are just one team league sources say would likely make a hard run at both of them, based on the premise that the Suns couldn't afford the cost of paying both at that point, theoretically making either Bledsoe or Dragic gettable. Sources say that Houston, furthermore, has Dragic on its list of potential targets next summer given how he's blossomed since leaving the Rockets for Phoenix in the free-agent summer of 2012.
raferfenix
RealGM

Post#94 » by raferfenix » Thu Sep 4, 2014 5:03 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
raferfenix wrote:Simmons and Lowe talked Rondo on the BS report:

I don't see Boston getting in return what the Boston homers (Simmons and Lowe) want.

That said, Rondo being on the block further messes up Bledsoe's leverage and PHX's leverage in certain ways.

We are into September now. Camps open in 30-days or less. This Bledsoe thing will be coming to a head shortly. Someone is going to have to blink.

It will be interesting if Rondo being on the block spooks the Suns about their favorite sign and trade option for Bledsoe going for Rajon instead.

And I also could see Rondo being dealt for way less than we would think otherwise. He might be getting a massive contract just as he enters a stage of his career where he might experience a rapid decline. See: Williams, Deron.

Or maybe he'll never get back to where he was before his knee injury and will play that much more selfishly to pad his stats. Risks abound across the board -- which might be why the Celtics themselves decide to sell sooner rather than later.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,722

Post#95 » by AussieBuck » Thu Sep 4, 2014 11:13 am

emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#96 » by Nebula1 » Thu Sep 4, 2014 4:14 pm

CanadaBucks wrote:
trwi7 wrote:

That doesn't happen.

I tried once...never again

Diana is always worth watching since she's a fantastic ballplayer. I kind of get why there is so much hate on the WNBA, but it doesn't make sense. Female hoopers are the fun to play with.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#97 » by Badgerlander » Thu Sep 4, 2014 4:20 pm

Spoiler:
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#98 » by Badgerlander » Thu Sep 4, 2014 4:41 pm

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-bas ... -12-pounds
Cavs' Dion Waiters fasted, cut carbs to drop 12 pounds
Cleveland Cavaliers guard Dion Waiters is excited about the possibilities with LeBron James and Kevin Love on his team next year, and he's prepared for the season differently this summer, via Mike Sielski of the Philadelphia Inquirer:

What he has a chance to be now, with James and Love, is a champion. By fasting for Ramadan and adopting a new diet that cut his carbohydrate intake, Waiters has lost 12 pounds since last season ended - another measure of preparation for what could be ahead for him.

This is good news for the Cavs. Remember when Waiters showed up to summer league out of shape as a rookie? There will be a lot more expected of him in this situation, and part of that will be James himself influencing him. Waiters has said that James told him to "be ready" days before announcing his decision, a story he reiterated to the Philadelphia Inquirer.

He added that, as he said he would, he's studied how Dwyane Wade played with James, and that he expects things to be a lot easier for him next season.

"When I get the opportunity to get the ball, I've got to destroy my opponent," he said. "The rest of the floor is going to be so wide open that, once I get by him, the rest of it should be easy."

He's right. In that starting lineup, with Kyrie Irving, James and Love on the perimeter, Waiters should have not have to deal with much resistance when driving to the rim. There will also be opportunities to make the sort of off-ball cuts Wade did so well alongside James.

http://instagram.com/p/say67VH7MN/?utm_ ... modal=true
looks ripped
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#99 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Sep 4, 2014 6:21 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/507593588415270912[/tweet]
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#100 » by Nowak008 » Thu Sep 4, 2014 6:43 pm

He looked fantastic in summer league.