ImageImage

Brandon Knight Box Jump

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 10,980

Brandon Knight Box Jump 

Post#1 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:29 pm

Haven't seen this posted but thought it was cool.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/ ... /#comments

Still room on the BK will be a great piece moving forward bandwagon.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,661

Re: Brandon Knight Box Jump 

Post#2 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:39 pm

But can he hit his head on the rim?
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,692

Post#3 » by jimmybones » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:40 pm

Brandon Knight is athletic?

drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,969

Post#4 » by drew881 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:45 pm

Hope he spends time this offseason practicing his passing too.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 10,980

Post#5 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:54 pm

Would it kill ya to have a positive thread on knight. That guy is hated on so much.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,705

Post#6 » by AussieBuck » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:04 pm

Worth it for the comments.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Miasma
Rookie
And1: 1,422

Post#7 » by Miasma » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:17 pm

Not sure if it's the same height, but Rondo does it with a little less head start

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK-S6EUX3jA[/youtube]

This guy

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfnZ8ErK0kg[/youtube]
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,555

Post#8 » by JayMKE » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:24 pm

Knight has gotten pretty underrated on this board. He might not be a point guard but he isn't a bad player by any stretch and he's still a really young player, I'm interested in seeing what Jason Kidd can do with him.
FREE GIANNIS
drew881
RealGM

Post#9 » by drew881 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:45 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Would it kill ya to have a positive thread on knight. That guy is hated on so much.

Would it have killed Knight to pass it to Giannis a couple times last season? There were so many cringe worthy moments when he looked right at Giannis and wouldn't swing the ball over to him. My dislike for Knight isn't related to his chucker style of play. I question where he puts the team versus himself, and it will be interesting to see that going into the contract year.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#10 » by M-C-G » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:01 pm

drew881 wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Would it kill ya to have a positive thread on knight. That guy is hated on so much.

Would it have killed Knight to pass it to Giannis a couple times last season? There were so many cringe worthy moments when he looked right at Giannis and wouldn't swing the ball over to him. My dislike for Knight isn't related to his chucker style of play. I question where he puts the team versus himself, and it will be interesting to see that going into the contract year.

Well that is selective of you...I can think of 5 other guys that actively tried to freeze him out.

Will be an interesting year, I fully expect him to prove he is part of the core going forward. If not, I have a lot of crow to eat, but I am not betting against him.

If you look at the players that put up the same stats or better than Knight across the board you have;

Players that played at least 2250 minutes on the season, looking at Per 36, only 7 players had at least 19 points, 3.5 rebounds, 5 assists, and at least a 1 steal....that list;

Stephen Curry
Kevin Durant
James Harden
Kyrie Irving
LeBron James
Brandon Knight
John Wall

And someone said the Jennings deal wasn't necessarily a win because 2 years later we may have to pay this guy. The bottom line is that he is almost a prototypical new age PG...As a number 2 options, I expect his points to regress, but expecting him to improve in basically every other category.
drew881
RealGM

Post#11 » by drew881 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:22 pm

Not sure how selective it is of me. You can go back to game threads and see the frustration of others as well.
cinematographer
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,697

Post#12 » by cinematographer » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:57 pm

Not to be that guy, but the run up is a huge cheat and if his idea is to train to leap higher, he's on the ground to long for the gather.

I just don't see the point in him doing this. He brings his knees damn near up to his shoulders so it isn't a basketball motion nor is it an adequate measure/exhibition of his actual vertical. For **** and giggles/dicking around, it's fine, but the "60-inch box jump" is all sorts of misleading.
cinematographer
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,697

Post#13 » by cinematographer » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:58 pm

M-C-G wrote:The bottom line is that he is almost a prototypical new age PG...

Redeemed
Sixth Man
And1: 419

Post#14 » by Redeemed » Thu Sep 4, 2014 2:11 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Haven't seen this posted but thought it was cool.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/ ... /#comments

Still room on the BK will be a great piece moving forward bandwagon.

Yeah I thought it was cool too. I really wanted to see BK develop for us (Pistons). It seemed our franchise wasn't committed to developing him. For Milwaukee I think you're in a great situation to squeeze as much out of this kid as you can...with his high character and impressive work ethic...with this being a contract year and with Jkidd in the fold to help him think through the game...and with a prototypical pass first pg in Kendall Marshall to make things interesting.

If he doesn't pan out for you hitting the ground running in this season, he should be moveable by the trade deadline.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#15 » by Nebula1 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:09 pm

Looked like a good spot to post this from Grantland:

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nba-e ... a-vucevic/

Brandon Knight, Milwaukee Bucks

Knight made progress last season, and his agents are surely holding up his 18-5 line and demanding a $10 million deal. But he remains unproven at either guard position, and in a league overstuffed with starter-level point guards, the Bucks have no reason to bid high on an extension.

Knight became a more polished ball handler last season, but even so shared point guard duties at various times with Ramon Sessions, Nate Wolters, and Luke Ridnour. He dished more dimes, cut his turnovers, and showed more of the nuances that any lead dog needs to fool dialed-in defenses.

He has a better change-of-pace game, a usable floater, and more passes in his quiver than the players he shares the backcourt with. But like Burks, he often drives with a score-first approach that short-circuits possessions before the Bucks can squeeze out the juicy stuff.

Knight takes a maddening number of long jumpers early in the shot clock. He’s a decent jump-shooter, though his 3-point accuracy dropped off last season as he launched more off the bounce, and he should jack triples when defenders go under picks.

But long 2s like this, with 20 seconds left on the shot clock, have no place in a functional offense:

Those upchucks are doubly frustrating because Knight has a turbo gear that allows him to turn the corner and fly by help defenders on his way to the basket. As with Burks, too many of those drives involve minimal planning and end in ugly hurls, but Knight is getting better at passing in traffic. He’ll even do the Steve Nash thing, where he drives down one side of the lane, probes the defense, slithers under the basket, and pops back out the other side.

He’ll also occasionally misread plays and mistime passes. Knight is still an inaccurate passer; plays like this, in which he looks off the set target (Caron Butler, showing his hands at the right elbow) and throws a wild bounce pass, are not unusual:

We just have no evidence that Knight can be the undisputed lead guard on a good team. Context hasn’t helped. He shared ballhandling duties for two bad Detroit teams, and last season he logged just 350 total minutes in 19 games alongside the duo of Larry Sanders and Ersan Ilyasova — a front-line pair that offers a nice combination of spacing and pick-and-roll danger.

Jason Kidd will install a more creative offense, and though Kendall Marshall is aboard on a killer minimum deal, Sessions represented a greater threat to Knight’s hegemony.

On defense, Knight spent a fair bit of time guarding wing players last season, and he’s rangy enough to survive on most nights against the league’s sad array of 2-guards. But one bad matchup renders that scheme untenable, and in a playoff series, that is death.

Knight is long and quick defending point guards, and he works hard chasing guys around screens. The Bucks did a fair bit of off-ball switching on the perimeter last season, and given Giannis Antetokounmpo’s versatility, they have the potential to turn into a long-armed house of mirrors.

But there are only a half-dozen teams in dire need of an upgrade at point guard. Houston has a ball-dominant shooting guard, Orlando drafted Victor Oladipo and Elfrid Payton in consecutive years, the Heat won’t have cap space next summer, and the Lakers and Knicks will set their sights higher in free agency — at least at first.

Knight is a great guy and a tenacious worker, but he doesn’t seem primed for a massive breakout. The Bucks can hold a firm line at $7 million or lower.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#16 » by Nebula1 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:10 pm

I'm not sold on Knight as a starting point, but did like him at the 2. As it looks today, the Bucks have no starting point guard.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks