OT: I-Phone 6/All Cell Phones

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Re: OT: I-Phone 6 

Post#41 » by Buck You » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:50 am

I just got a 5s in april so I'm not really ready to upgrade yet but I will probably late next year, or when the 7 eventually comes out.
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#42 » by Buck You » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:00 am

I'm more excited or iOS 8 though tbh.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#43 » by buckboy » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:01 am

Samsung>>>>>> Apple

Edit: Also, LMAO @ phone watches. WTF?
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
Waukee Taukee
Sophomore
And1: 53

Post#44 » by Waukee Taukee » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:09 am

buckboy wrote:Samsung>>>>>> Apple

...Well, that swayed me: I'm dropping my iPhone and activating a Galaxy device tomorrow.
buckboy
RealGM

Post#45 » by buckboy » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:11 am

Waukee Taukee wrote:

...Well, that swayed me: I'm dropping my iPhone and activating a Galaxy device tomorrow. Good stuff.

Super.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
Waukee Taukee
Sophomore

Post#46 » by Waukee Taukee » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:16 am

buckboy wrote:
Waukee Taukee wrote:

...Well, that swayed me: I'm dropping my iPhone and activating a Galaxy device tomorrow. Good stuff.

Super.

Should I make sure you're credited for the sale?
turbo2k
Bench Warmer
And1: 423

Post#47 » by turbo2k » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:39 am

Not been an apple fan for years, but it looks like they did some things right this time. That watch looks real nice. Much, much nicer than the google offerings. I will have to look at what Windows phones are available in a few months (been using them since they were redone a few years ago, really happy with it), but I may finally make the jump this time.

And I understand and accept smart watches MUCH more than f'in google glass.

Also agree that Apple doesn't really innovate anymore, they execute (except iTunes still blows).
Newz wrote:I would also like it to be known that David Lee has not won an ESPY yet. This is **** ridiculous and it is obvious that they are doing it just to put him down. He should win all awards.
David Lee = Robbed again.

http://www.saveourbucks.com
buckboy
RealGM

Post#48 » by buckboy » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:53 pm

Waukee Taukee wrote:
buckboy wrote:
Waukee Taukee wrote:

Super.

If it's not too much trouble. Not a big deal either way.
stevescheffler06
Analyst
And1: 223

Post#49 » by stevescheffler06 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:55 pm

The conversational equivalent to FIRST. Well done.
Sneaky Pete wrote:In Disgiuse.
stevescheffler06
Analyst
And1: 223

Post#50 » by stevescheffler06 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:34 pm

Also, I think if the Apple Watch can deliver on solid, usable health data it could be an industry changer.
Sneaky Pete wrote:In Disgiuse.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,382

Post#51 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:51 pm

I debated which one to get, I've been happy with the size of my S3 but I ended up ordering the Plus. I've only bought one app ever (Swiftkey) so I won't have to rebuy anything except that one.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
zmanishere11
Sixth Man
And1: 242

Post#52 » by zmanishere11 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:57 pm

The turnoff for android for me was always the 100's of different phones to chose from - although it seems now that most are focusing on the Galaxy series. I love how easy and simple it is to use Apple products, but iTunes has been a H U G E turnoff for me. Ipay looks like a game changer, so I'll likely stick with Apple, but this time around I'm going to at least checkout the Galaxy.

Also love that Apple priced the 64 gb model at the 32 gb level with the new 6. That's huge for me!
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#53 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:11 pm

Competition and choice are are very good things to have. I don't get all the fanboi love/hate for products. I don't buy or avoid anything based on who makes it. When I'm ready to buy something I see what's out there and buy what's best for me at that time. The last few years it's been Android devices. This time it's Apple. In two years I have no idea what I may get as my next phone or maybe I'll end up waiting longer because nothing out there will be worth the upgrade IMO.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM
And1: 1,417

Post#54 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:16 pm

Anybody played with an Amazon phone? I haven't heard of anyone getting one, so I assume they are ****. I like that they are getting in the market though, I'm probably going to be a Prime subscriber for life so I am kind of intrigued with their other projects.
BucksRuleAll22 wrote:Calvin Johnson is horrible and not a top WR.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Post#55 » by crkone » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:26 pm

PkrsBcksGphsMqt wrote:Anybody played with an Amazon phone? I haven't heard of anyone getting one, so I assume they are ****. I like that they are getting in the market though, I'm probably going to be a Prime subscriber for life so I am kind of intrigued with their other projects.

The problem is nobody wanted one so they had to drop the price by quite a bit within 2 months of release.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,999

Post#56 » by humanrefutation » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:31 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Competition and choice are are very good things to have. I don't get all the fanboi love/hate for products. I don't buy or avoid anything based on who makes it. When I'm ready to buy something I see what's out there and buy what's best for me at that time. The last few years it's been Android devices. This time it's Apple. In two years I have no idea what I may get as my next phone or maybe I'll end up waiting longer because nothing out there will be worth the upgrade IMO.

People are always looking to personally justify their purchases. So, if you buy Apple products, you'll find reasons to justify it despite legitimate criticisms from Android users. Same thing happens vice-versa.

My biggest criticism of Apple products is that I feel that they're overpriced by comparison to their Android counterparts. As the market has become more competitive technology and feature-wise, especially in the last few years, it's become less justifiable in my view to drop a premium to use their products. I believe that Apple is starting to become receptive to those critiques as they've recognized that the market has begun to slant away from them.
ReddRum
Veteran
And1: 465
Location: Waiting for a superstar to awaken the city of Milwaukee

Post#57 » by ReddRum » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:53 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:I debated which one to get, I've been happy with the size of my S3 but I ended up ordering the Plus. I've only bought one app ever (Swiftkey) so I won't have to rebuy anything except that one.

What is your estimated shipping date / time before it ships?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Big baby ass Derozan tosses the ball in the stands and gets and gets his sorry a-- tossed. Cross him off our list of players to target.

Ejected with only two games left in your season.What immature nut...Grow up and just play.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#58 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:44 pm

It's suppose to arrive on the 19th. A friend of mine works for UPS. He hates iPhone release days, they are swamped with deliveries and all of them need a signature.
Zeezprah
Analyst
And1: 1,569

Post#59 » by Zeezprah » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:00 pm

PkrsBcksGphsMqt wrote:Anybody played with an Amazon phone? I haven't heard of anyone getting one, so I assume they are ****. I like that they are getting in the market though, I'm probably going to be a Prime subscriber for life so I am kind of intrigued with their other projects.

it's not a terrible start, but it's not there yet. touch screen is below average and OS is choppy.

i'm sure it'll be good in time, but it's not close to competition at the moment. i was intrigued too, but it's prolly 5 years off yet.

as far as the topic, i'll be getting the 6. i just think 6+ is bigger than i personally want to be carrying around all day. at a certain point, there is a "too big".
Waukee Taukee
Sophomore

Post#60 » by Waukee Taukee » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:26 pm

buckboy wrote:
Waukee Taukee wrote:
buckboy wrote:
Super.

If it's not too much trouble. Not a big deal either way.

Well played, sir!

Return to Milwaukee Bucks