MJS: Brandon Knight and contract talks

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

PANDEMONEUM
Analyst
And1: 403

Re: MJS: Brandon Knight and contract talks 

Post#321 » by PANDEMONEUM » Tue Oct 7, 2014 9:18 pm

step3profit wrote:
When Monta gives a crap, he have it all. Brandon Knight, at most, have some.

NIIIIIIIIICE
PANDEMONEUM
Analyst
And1: 403

Post#322 » by PANDEMONEUM » Tue Oct 7, 2014 9:25 pm

put me in the keep Knight group

i had hoped we would be able to sign him at 7$M per or less
now, with this new tv contract and $ going stupid
he would be better off waiting for his FA status
i doubt he signs anything lower than 8$M
and only signs a deal that increases, 8,9,10,11
if jennings, teague, hill, bradley, conley, ellis, lin all make 8/+
Knight is going to aim for that kind of $ and more, with the new $ increases

at the same time, if we can get a top draft pick
and it happens that PG is the best available
lets get him
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,593

Post#323 » by TroyD92 » Tue Oct 7, 2014 9:29 pm

I'm fine keeping Knight at role player money (whatever that is).
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#324 » by Nowak008 » Tue Oct 7, 2014 10:05 pm

Krause interviewed Kidd...and Kidd said Knight will be the starting PG.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#325 » by M-C-G » Tue Oct 7, 2014 10:10 pm

Nowak008 wrote:Krause interviewed Kidd...and Kidd said Knight will be the starting PG.

I think that was pretty much a given...the question should be, what kind of offense are we running and how much of the it is initiated through the PG? I think Knight is the guy that brings the ball up the court and runs some plays, but still think we are going to get the ball in Giannis' hands in the half court plenty.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,238

Post#326 » by LUKE23 » Tue Oct 7, 2014 10:24 pm

Just hope Middleton starts at SG but fear it will be Mayo or Giannis.
cinematographer
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,697

Post#327 » by cinematographer » Tue Oct 7, 2014 10:40 pm

If Parker is starting too, Giannis needs to come off the bench.

This and now the possible Doug Collins hire is slowing my roll, man.
driese0824
Pro Prospect
And1: 60

Post#328 » by driese0824 » Tue Oct 7, 2014 11:06 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Just hope Middleton starts at SG but fear it will be Mayo or Giannis.

Unless mayo has a awful camp I think it's mayo at the 2 spot.
It is the sg.spot n it would be nice to have a guy there who can actually shoot , well like him or not when he's on his game mayo is the best pure shooter we have.
I would be stunned if giannis was at the 2 damn if that happens there will be no scoring at the 2,3 and 5 spot assuming parker plays the 4
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Post#329 » by CanadaBucks » Tue Oct 7, 2014 11:54 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Just hope Middleton starts at SG but fear it will be Mayo or Giannis.

My $$$$ is on Mayo
mcfromage
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#330 » by mcfromage » Wed Oct 8, 2014 12:06 am

Knight/Mayo/Giannis/Parker/Sanders

Marshall/Knight/Middleton/Ersan/Henson as the 2nd unit. 9 man rotation.

Bayless, Inglis, JOB, Zaza mostly DNPs is my guess. I missing someone?
mcfromage
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#331 » by mcfromage » Wed Oct 8, 2014 12:07 am

Aww hell, Dudley and Wolters. Might find minutes for those guys too.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,962

Post#332 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Wed Oct 8, 2014 12:13 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:I don't think Knight sucks, I think he's mediocre. I do think Monta Ellis with a brain, defense and a three point shot is a much better player then you give him credit for and damn near impossible as a target for Knight to hit.

ellis has great court vision but until last year was unfortunately mostly useless with his style of play. knight doesn't have great court vision. I think that's where the disconnect is taking place on ellis having knights "brain". youre suggesting he would become a more likely passer and I don't think that's what he means. I think hes more or less talking about knight just not being a tool.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#333 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Wed Oct 8, 2014 12:14 am

Nowak008 wrote:Krause interviewed Kidd...and Kidd said Knight will be the starting PG.

was there ever a doubt?
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,661

Post#334 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Oct 8, 2014 12:18 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:I don't think Knight sucks, I think he's mediocre. I do think Monta Ellis with a brain, defense and a three point shot is a much better player then you give him credit for and damn near impossible as a target for Knight to hit.

ellis has great court vision but until last year was unfortunately mostly useless with his style of play. knight doesn't have great court vision. I think that's where the disconnect is taking place on ellis having knights "brain". youre suggesting he would become a more likely passer and I don't think that's what he means. I think hes more or less talking about knight just not being a tool.

My understanding was Monta's "brain" as is if he made the right plays most of the time instead of almost never.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#335 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Wed Oct 8, 2014 12:27 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:

My understanding was Monta's "brain" as is if he made the right plays most of the time instead of almost never.

supplanting knights brain into ellis then you still don't have a playmaker.... just it would be for different reasons. ellis with knights brain makes him a leader and a good lockerroom guy instead of a polarizing tool but not a top 5 guy on the court.

I think both can help a team...... ellis showed that last year. I just don't think theyre guys that make teammates better. put them in a proper role and then hope somebody else makes them better. in dallas last year we saw it with ellis being paired with a star in nowitski
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,661

Post#336 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Oct 8, 2014 12:46 am

I understand what you're saying but he said he thinks Knight will be a smart version of Monta with defense and a three point shot. I think that's ridiculous on many levels.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,415

Post#337 » by MiltownHawkeye » Wed Oct 8, 2014 1:03 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:I understand what you're saying but he said he thinks Knight will be a smart version of Monta with defense and a three point shot. I think that's ridiculous on many levels.

Yeah that sounds like a top 10 player.
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#338 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Wed Oct 8, 2014 1:07 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:I understand what you're saying but he said he thinks Knight will be a smart version of Monta with defense and a three point shot. I think that's ridiculous on many levels.

he said specifically "except not an idiot". I took it to mean a talented player who doesn't act idiotic(as in a tool).

that's a far cry from extrapolating the smart nature of a paul into him or something. and that's what it would take to make him top 5 of course. knight aint smart in that way. that's all im saying here. were on the same page but it just seemed like you were coming down pretty hard on him for something it didn't sound like he was trying o say.
Octopus Jonny
Senior
And1: 82

Post#339 » by Octopus Jonny » Wed Oct 8, 2014 1:57 am

I think the idea that a player cannot improve his court vision and passing ability due to lack of "natural PG sense" is kind of stupid. Sure, some players come into the league with a better natural sense of spatial awareness, but like any other on court skill, passing and playmaking ability is something that can be improved through film study and repetition and with proper coaching and guidance.

I am really looking forward to seeing how Knight improves in this facet of his game. He has indicated that over the offseason this was a strong point of emphasis for him and he spent a lot of time studying how Kidd ran the offense in Dallas, among other things.

The kid has a great work ethic and is pretty smart, I think he has the potential to be better than mediocre, by quite a bit if he can translate all that offseason work into on-court success this year.
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,390

Post#340 » by randy84 » Wed Oct 8, 2014 2:02 am

I will reserve judgement on Knight until I see him play outside of a Larry Drew coached team.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks