Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,373

Re: Peter Feigin has been named Team President 

Post#21 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Oct 8, 2014 5:31 pm

So does Gary Anderson
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Octopus Jonny
Senior
And1: 82

Post#22 » by Octopus Jonny » Wed Oct 8, 2014 5:40 pm

Great hire. Has quite the resume. L&E have put together a fantastic group to handle the business operations of the franchise.
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,977

Post#23 » by drew881 » Wed Oct 8, 2014 5:46 pm

Its almost like all these moves were too easy to get right, compared to the crap we are used to.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#24 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Oct 8, 2014 5:58 pm

All that really matters is wins and losses. You can hire the best business and marketing experts in the world but nothing is more effective than a winning team. Our bumbling inept former owner and cronies had the BC packed and LOUD and rocking 12 years ago. Unfortunately that on court success couldn't be sustained.

Obviously the business operations side is important and this is a very good hire. A new arena will sell a lot of tickets, both corporate and regular shlubs like us. But it's still up to Hammond and his side of the business to assemble a contender. That is what will ultimately determine the success or failure of the new regime.
yoshii8
Sixth Man
And1: 276

Post#25 » by yoshii8 » Wed Oct 8, 2014 6:06 pm

I hope whatever this guy does makes fans more excited about basketball, and less excited about the t-shirt toss.
eagle13
Head Coach
And1: 107

Post#26 » by eagle13 » Wed Oct 8, 2014 6:36 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:All that really matters is wins and losses. You can hire the best business and marketing experts in the world but nothing is more effective than a winning team. Our bumbling inept former owner and cronies had the BC packed and LOUD and rocking 12 years ago. Unfortunately that on court success couldn't be sustained.

Obviously the business operations side is important and this is a very good hire. A new arena will sell a lot of tickets, both corporate and regular shlubs like us. But it's still up to Hammond and his side of the business to assemble a contender. That is what will ultimately determine the success or failure of the new regime.

so very this
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#27 » by Bernman » Wed Oct 8, 2014 7:15 pm

Never heard of him.....I like it.

He can supplement the efforts and strategies to get a new arena built to keep the team in Milwaukee. I guess Marc or Wes can't always be here.

Then the other basketball people like Hammond, Morway, and Kidd can take care of the decisions that pertain to on the court, as it should be. This way it's not so much a matter of too many cooks in the kitchen, and one who doesn't know what he's doing often burning the souffle.

As for names in the state of Wisconsin who could be ambassadors to get the arena built, they weren't qualified for a job like this. They can still join later on in that capacity or as small minority investors.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,497

Post#28 » by old skool » Wed Oct 8, 2014 7:24 pm

The new owners have a much better chance of competing on and off the court under the current CBA.

The new owners are doing many things that Kohl was criticized for doing. They meddled with basketball operations when they brought in Jason Kidd, looking inept to many in the process. They approved redundant roster acquisitions that has many people wondering how the Bucks can spread out minutes without creating dissension. They added more VP's.

Where are the catcalls of derision?

The new owners look fine to me. I hope they succeed. But it seems odd to me that so many people give them a pass for doing things that Kohl was criticized for.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#29 » by Nebula1 » Wed Oct 8, 2014 7:24 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:All that really matters is wins and losses. You can hire the best business and marketing experts in the world but nothing is more effective than a winning team. Our bumbling inept former owner and cronies had the BC packed and LOUD and rocking 12 years ago. Unfortunately that on court success couldn't be sustained.

I agree but good companies start at the top so I'm very encouraged.

To me, it's all about keeping the team in Milwaukee after the lease ends. That's priority 1.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#30 » by raferfenix » Wed Oct 8, 2014 7:49 pm

I wouldn't compare Lasry and Edens grabbing Kidd from the Nets to the kind of bumbling we saw from Kohl.

The shark mentality that took was totally different than what we've grown accustomed to around here.

Agree that the Bayless signing seems like a classic from the Hammond Kohl-crony era. Dudley though is a different situation since we acquired a first round pick to take him on.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#31 » by M-C-G » Wed Oct 8, 2014 7:58 pm

old skool wrote:The new owners have a much better chance of competing on and off the court under the current CBA.

The new owners are doing many things that Kohl was criticized for doing. They meddled with basketball operations when they brought in Jason Kidd, looking inept to many in the process. They approved redundant roster acquisitions that has many people wondering how the Bucks can spread out minutes without creating dissension. They added more VP's.

The new owners look fine to me. I hope they succeed. But it seems odd to me that so many people give them a pass for doing things that Kohl was criticized for.

It is a fair question to ask, but I think there are a couple of differences;

1. They took over a toxic situation, which looks like their specialty. In order to save it, they need to understand how broken it is.

2. They outlined a vision and a plan to achieve it. Then subsequently began making the moves to obtain the vision and get the appropriate people in place to achieve that vision.

I suspect once they appropriate people are in place, they can focus on other less meddling things. But until those things were put in place, it's simply getting things in order which our previous staff has repeatedly demonstrated the inability to do.

It was interesting that we never had the press call out the owner, but then once that Jason Kidd thing happened it was the most coverage I recall ever seeing about the actions of our owners. It's like everything is in some kind of Bucks bizarro world at the moment. Top draft pick. New owners. New arena. New high profile coach. New President. Someone mentioned before that a lot of these things are being made to look easy, which just proves the incompetence we have come to accept as our Milwaukee Bucks Norm.
Willie Colon
Starter
And1: 1,151

Post#32 » by Willie Colon » Wed Oct 8, 2014 8:18 pm

I'm just glad it wasn't that nervous wreck, Doug Collins.
We have Giannis Antetokounmpo and you don't. :naaa:
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,944

Post#33 » by Jez2983 » Wed Oct 8, 2014 10:53 pm

old skool wrote:The new owners have a much better chance of competing on and off the court under the current CBA.

Do you think Kohl would have hired a coach who was currently HC for another team (that also had a lot of money)? Do you think Kohl would have sanctioned a trade that brought in draft picks vs the 'win now' mandate? Has Kohl engaged as much in the community as L&E? Would Kohl not have gone for Doug Collins?

I don't think any of those moves suggest they're 'meddling' like Kohl did. Kohl allegedly blocked several moves that would have made us a better basketball team, preferring safer options. These guys are letting Hammond do his thing, and there is no way Kohl would have gone after a guy like Kidd in the manner L&E did.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#34 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Oct 8, 2014 11:02 pm

I can see a scenario where L&E bring in a top notch business team, they get an arena deal done that includes some nice ancillary development, Then in 3-5 years, with a new arena, a lucrative TV deal kicked in, a (hopefully) competitive team, they cash out and move on to their next project.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,944

Post#35 » by Jez2983 » Wed Oct 8, 2014 11:25 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:I can see a scenario where L&E bring in a top notch business team, they get an arena deal done that includes some nice ancillary development, Then in 3-5 years, with a new arena, a lucrative TV deal kicked in, a (hopefully) competitive team, they cash out and move on to their next project.

Maybe, but they are basketball fans. Why talk about a team on a message board when you could own said team and do everything for real?
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,769

Post#36 » by Ayt » Thu Oct 9, 2014 12:01 am

Jez2983 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:I can see a scenario where L&E bring in a top notch business team, they get an arena deal done that includes some nice ancillary development, Then in 3-5 years, with a new arena, a lucrative TV deal kicked in, a (hopefully) competitive team, they cash out and move on to their next project.

Maybe, but they are basketball fans. Why talk about a team on a message board when you could own said team and do everything for real?

Yeah. Beyond the obvious that they are basketball fans, it is also a pretty big feather in your cap to be one of the few people on the planet that can say they own an NBA team. It also makes them pseudo-celebrities instead of just anonymous billionaires.
Octopus Jonny
Senior
And1: 82

Post#37 » by Octopus Jonny » Thu Oct 9, 2014 1:49 am

Feigin was on with Ted and Krause at halftime and answered the question everyone has been curious about. He stated that he will not be making trades or basketball decisions as those are the responsibilities of the GM and Coach, but he will be in the room when the decisions are made just as the Coach and GM will be in the room when major business decisions are made. Sounded very enthused about the opportunity to build on the legacy of the formerly great Milwaukee Bucks franchise.
SpottedBadger
Freshman
And1: 38

Post#38 » by SpottedBadger » Thu Oct 9, 2014 9:59 am

Interesting. Don't be surprised if all of a sudden Russell Wilson becomes a massive Bucks fan. For those that don't immediately get the Barry Alvarez connection, it goes something like: Peter Feigin->Marquis Jet-> Kenny Dichter->Barry Alvarez

Kenny D is a UW alum and huge booster. He's in real close with people like Russell Wilson and JJ Watt.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#39 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Oct 9, 2014 11:50 am

That's all we need is Wilson attending some games to stoke the "team is moving to Seattle" hysteria. :)
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 9,960

Post#40 » by sidney lanier » Thu Oct 9, 2014 4:42 pm

Feigin sounds like a very good choice to me. But then I never read Oliver Twist.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings

Return to Milwaukee Bucks