ImageImage

In Which We Talk About Whether Giannis Should Start

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

cinematographer
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,697

In Which We Talk About Whether Giannis Should Start 

Post#1 » by cinematographer » Thu Oct 9, 2014 3:32 am

Ginobli comes off the bench for SAS. Harden came off the bench for OKC. IF Kidd is going to start Knight and Parker like he did tonight, there's little to no point in starting Giannis. Playing him next to two chuc- I mean high-usage players is a heinous waste.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,710

Re: In Which We Talk About Whether Giannis Should Start 

Post#2 » by AussieBuck » Thu Oct 9, 2014 3:36 am

cinematographer wrote:Ginobli comes off the bench for SAS. Harden came off the bench for OKC. IF Kidd is going to start Knight and Parker like he did tonight, there's little to no point in starting Giannis. Playing him next to two chuc- I mean high-usage players is a heinous waste.

Not sure there's a point talking about hypotheticals around Knight as a high usage player. :-?
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,593

Post#3 » by TroyD92 » Thu Oct 9, 2014 3:39 am

I don't really care who starts as long as Deuces/Giannis/Parker are on the floor in the 4th
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#4 » by bizarro » Thu Oct 9, 2014 3:39 am

Wait a minute...are you defacing Brandon Knight ?!?! This could lead to a 12 page Escher-esque thread about our beloved up-and-coming no-vision PG who might just develop feel by his mid-20's.

AND, as long as Giannis gets his minutes and is creating offensively as the ball-dominant distributor in the 4th quarter I don't give a flying **** if Knight starts and gets his or tries to make pisspoor cross-court bounce passes.

And, I should add: I blame Knight for Giannis' first 2 airballs tonight. That's on Knight. Period 8-)
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#5 » by Jez2983 » Thu Oct 9, 2014 3:55 am

These debates about Knight are so immature. I'm going to post again on here when people start using facts and figures to support their arguments.

You know, beyond all those advanced stats and such...

Also, I'm happy for Giannis to do whatever as long as he's on the court in the 4th.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
cinematographer
Assistant Coach

Post#6 » by cinematographer » Thu Oct 9, 2014 3:58 am

Jez2983 wrote:These debates about Knight are so immature. I'm going to post again on here when people start using facts and figures to support their arguments.

You know, beyond all those advanced stats and such...

Also, I'm happy for Giannis to do whatever as long as he's on the court in the 4th.

Yeah. I still want him getting starters minutes, just as much run as one can get as THE guy.
Fresh_Prince12
Head Coach
And1: 2,184

Post#7 » by Fresh_Prince12 » Thu Oct 9, 2014 4:00 am

doesn't matter, just make sure he plays most of his minutes with parker by his side
Magic Giannison
RealGM
And1: 27,027

Post#8 » by Magic Giannison » Thu Oct 9, 2014 4:11 am

As long he gets the most minutes out there i don't care if he starts.
Im sure if Giannis performance is good he will make into starting line up in no time.
Aaron It Out
General Manager
And1: 3,101

Post#9 » by Aaron It Out » Thu Oct 9, 2014 4:18 am

The team didn't look good tonight until Giannis and Parker were on the floor together. That's all that matters.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using RealGM Forums mobile app
EastSideBucksFan wrote:At some point this board is going to have to drop their stupid bullsht agendas and just enjoy the team for once.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,223

Post#10 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Oct 9, 2014 4:21 am

TroyD92 wrote:I don't really care who starts as long as Deuces/Giannis/Parker are on the floor in the 4th

Exactly. Who starts doesn't matter.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,957

Post#11 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Oct 9, 2014 4:22 am

Like I said on Twitter, you're comparing two completely different situations.

While Giannis isn't Manu, he also isn't playing next to a Tony Parker and Tim Duncan. He isn't Harden, but he isn't playing next to Westbrook and Durant either.

It's Knight who should be playing the role of Mario Chalmers. Better yet, he should be the one playing the role of Terry or Crawford.
cinematographer
Assistant Coach

Post#12 » by cinematographer » Thu Oct 9, 2014 4:30 am

ReasonablySober wrote:Like I said on Twitter, you're comparing two completely different situations.

While Giannis isn't Manu, he also isn't playing next to a Tony Parker and Tim Duncan. He isn't Harden, but he isn't playing next to Westbrook and Durant either.

It's Knight who should be playing the role of Mario Chalmers. Better yet, he should be the one playing the role of Terry or Crawford.

And I like I said, I agree that Knight/Parker aren't on par with those guys. But if they're going to get big usage, it doesn't matter, as Giannis will then be playing a far smaller role than he should.
cinematographer
Assistant Coach

Post#13 » by cinematographer » Thu Oct 9, 2014 4:31 am

MickeyDavis wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:I don't really care who starts as long as Deuces/Giannis/Parker are on the floor in the 4th

Exactly. Who starts doesn't matter.

You're okay with Giannis playing third fiddle when he doesn't have to?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,957

Post#14 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Oct 9, 2014 4:32 am

cinematographer wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Like I said on Twitter, you're comparing two completely different situations.

And I like I said, I agree that Knight/Parker aren't on par with those guys. But if they're going to get big usage, it doesn't matter, as Giannis will then be playing a far smaller role than he should.

Then that's a Kidd a problem. Are we already at the stage where we're accepting he's going to be a crummy coach?
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,064

Post#15 » by FrieAaron » Thu Oct 9, 2014 4:34 am

Yeah, you don't bring someone off your bench when he's possibly the best player on your team. I understand that as long as he still ends up playing 35 minutes a game it doesn't matter, but what's the point?
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#16 » by WEFFPIM » Thu Oct 9, 2014 4:36 am

I'm proud of this board for taking this thread so quickly in the direction it needs to go... starting has no importance.

Sent from your iPad. I'm inside your house
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#17 » by H2tObes » Thu Oct 9, 2014 4:38 am

As long as he's getting 30+ minutes, I don't really care. I think he will though, kid's pretty damn good
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,569

Post#18 » by JayMKE » Thu Oct 9, 2014 4:43 am

Giannis is going to have to learn to assert himself if he's going to be a player in this league regardless of who is on the court with him, simple as that.
FREE GIANNIS
cinematographer
Assistant Coach

Post#19 » by cinematographer » Thu Oct 9, 2014 4:49 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
cinematographer wrote:

Then that's a Kidd a problem. Are we already at the stage where we're accepting he's going to be a crummy coach?

I don't think he's a crummy coach in the least, but given his Knight quote the other day, I'm in I'll believe it when I see it mode about Knight's role.
cinematographer
Assistant Coach

Post#20 » by cinematographer » Thu Oct 9, 2014 4:55 am

WEFFPIM wrote:I'm proud of this board for taking this thread so quickly in the direction it needs to go... starting has no importance.

Sent from your iPad. I'm inside your house

Err, if your assertion is that, so long as one gets his minutes, then yes. But I'm talking about distributing Giannis' minutes such that he's the guy for as many possessions as possible.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks