ImageImage

10/22 Palermo's Pizza Party Hosted By Alex Lasry

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,668

Re: 10/22 Palermo's Pizza Party Hosted By Alex Lasry 

Post#141 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:39 pm

I'm 4 days late, but truthfully I've paid little attention to most of this board for the past two to three years. Not because I stopped watching, but because I became so apathetic towards discussing the team and organization woes. I am hopeful that can turn around soon, though, starting with this season.

This is a very cool gesture. I'm quite impressed. Unfortunately, it will be damn near impossible for me to be there considering my work schedule and living two hours away. Nonetheless, props for this.
stemp14
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#142 » by stemp14 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:07 pm

Great idea by the Bucks. What more could you ask for - free pizza and tons of young NBA talent for $15? Two tickets bought.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,838

Post#143 » by VooDoo7 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:36 pm

humanrefutation wrote:Billboards

Yup. I mentioned this in another thread. It's something that could be done right away, and it'd be cheap as well.

A few billboards in Madison and the Fox Valley areas, advertising the Bucks and FSN.
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#144 » by WEFFPIM » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:09 am

VooDoo7 wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:Billboards

Yup. I mentioned this in another thread. It's something that could be done right away, and it'd be cheap as well.

A few billboards in Madison and the Fox Valley areas, advertising the Bucks and FSN.

Yeah, I like the idea of them promoting game broadcasts first as opposed to tickets. Get people in Madison, Fox Valley and Coulee Region to start watching, then go after their money later. You're not gonna get folks to make the drive this year, so make them aware when they can tune in.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
Zeezprah
Analyst
And1: 1,569

Post#145 » by Zeezprah » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:41 pm

officially going!

will the beer be discounted as well? ;)
kokray
Ballboy
And1: 8

Post#146 » by kokray » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:49 pm

Wish I could make it, but will be in Minneapolis.

Hope everybody has a good time, and thank you Alex! :D
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#147 » by Badgerlander » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:54 pm

Zeezprah wrote:officially going!

will the beer be discounted as well? ;)

I'm just hoping that it's available/not to far of a walk from the pizza
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,059

Post#148 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:48 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:A friend was complaining to me about something the other night that hadn't been changed yet or was still the same. As I told him, the problem was 25-years in the making. These guys can't solve everything in only six-months.

We've already got a new philosophy, goals, new coaching and training staff, new arena plans in the works, new front office leaders, new players. Give it another year and you'll continue to see improvements.

The other part of this is budget. Does it make sense to push the Bucks hard outside of southeast Wisconsin when they don't have anything to sell yet? Probably not. Some of these marketing pushes need a competent team and re-engagement of the casual fans around here first. Then it can translate to other parts of the State more readily and cost effectively.

No one here, and I'm especially speaking for myself, is saying that these things need to happen immediately. But the timeline does need to get accelerated. The caravan was a good start, but they need to do more over the next couple years. Billboards, fan events, rallies, etc in other parts of the state won't only increase our presence, but it will also help bring fans together in other parts of the state as well.

Aaron It Out wrote:State-wide will come, but the team has to win back the Milwaukee area before people in Madison and Appleton are going to start buying in.

Agreed.

I mentioned in another thread a week or so back that I feel they've tried to connect with the Packers a little more. A good portion of the team was up here for the Jets game, and they had a little shootaround stand for the Vikings game. And obviously they play the one game up here. It is definitely going to be a process and do think they need to get some results on the floor for it to equal people taking the time to go to MKE for a game. I think people are intrigued by the future as there is more buzz, but I still think there is plenty of skepticism or "wait and see" within the casual Joe Six Pack sports fan.
ekpecNurollduh
Sophomore
And1: 10

Post#149 » by ekpecNurollduh » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:43 am

sorry if this was posted elsewhere... http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/ ... 19632.html
Steve210
Pro Prospect
And1: 79

Post#150 » by Steve210 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:52 pm

Just got my tickets, looking forward to it! Thanks Alex!
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,278

Post#151 » by KidA24 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:50 pm

Of course, I just got scheduled to work that night.... sigh.

Have fun guys.

Time to order my ten game pack.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#152 » by EastSideBucksFan » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:33 pm

If last night's game was any sort of a preview for next week we are in for a very fun game.

Glad we get to see the next Parker vs Wiggins matchup.
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,977

Post#153 » by drew881 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:08 pm

ekpecNurollduh wrote:sorry if this was posted elsewhere... http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/ ... 19632.html

Is this being discussed anywhere else? I don't know local politicians and businessmen well enough, having moved away over ten years ago. Any thoughts?
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM

Post#154 » by EastSideBucksFan » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:24 pm

drew881 wrote:
ekpecNurollduh wrote:sorry if this was posted elsewhere... http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/ ... 19632.html

Is this being discussed anywhere else? I don't know local politicians and businessmen well enough, having moved away over ten years ago. Any thoughts?

We've discussed it a bit in the Arena thread.

Very big news to add to the ownerships arsenal of wealth & local connections.

Also really great for Lasry & Edens to recognize the importance of making a group of African Americans owners of the franchise. Currently Michael Jordan is the only minority owner in the NBA. In the wake of Donald Sterling and all that, it's great to have diversity within the ownership group.
breakchains
General Manager
And1: 2,708

Post#155 » by breakchains » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:21 am

EastSideBucksFan wrote:
drew881 wrote:

We've discussed it a bit in the Arena thread.

Very big news to add to the ownerships arsenal of wealth & local connections.

Also really great for Lasry & Edens to recognize the importance of making a group of African Americans owners of the franchise. Currently Michael Jordan is the only minority owner in the NBA. In the wake of Donald Sterling and all that, it's great to have diversity within the ownership group.
Your point stands but also Ranadive in Sacramento.
JEIS
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,161

Post#156 » by JEIS » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:50 am

Any Real GM or SOB after the game meet up?
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#157 » by raferfenix » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:39 pm

Really appreciate Alex's efforts here as well as the newly-engaging attitude from the franchise at large.

Unfortunately I can't make it (in NYC) but if there could be a livestream or a video recording I bet a significant number of realgmers like me would check it out and participate from afar via social media.

Sure the number of viewers isn't likely to be huge. But at this point it should be clear what a persuasive power this board has on influencers within the fan base and in the media, so it seems worth it for someone to do a cell phone video stream or recording at least in that context.

Aside from these kind of particulars though, big ups to Alex for starting all this off by making a realgm account to plug in himself, and to those back channeling to make this whole event and constructive environment happen!

Hopefully this is all a building thing -- and together we can leverage this board as a hub to springboard us beyond sheerly saving our bucks towards creating even more innovative models for fan engagement moving forward.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM

Post#158 » by EastSideBucksFan » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:45 pm

Frank Caliendo just announced as halftime act for Bucks home opener.

I like it a lot.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Bucks/status/524268229389074433[/tweet]
jtf150
Bench Warmer
And1: 155

Post#159 » by jtf150 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:27 am

Anyone wearing the SOB shirts to the game on Wednesday?
“I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''” - Muhammad Ali
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,118

Post#160 » by LittleRooster » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:41 am

I won't be able to make it but I hope everyone who does has a blast.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks