ImageImage

Whose core do you like better - Bucks or T-Wolves?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Bucksfan4life
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: Whose core do you like better - Bucks or T-Wolves? 

Post#121 » by Bucksfan4life » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:01 pm

"After seeing Parker in the preseason and Summer League I'm glad we have him. I'd take our core just because I like Parker more than Wiggins at this point. I guess Giannis kind of factors into that as well as he's probably the third guy I'd want between both teams.

I might regret saying it, but at this point I take Parker to start a franchise over Wiggins."

I totally agree with you about Parker. Parker is a great loyal guy. He has said he wants to stay in Milwaukee and isn't a cocky player. Hes very polite and kind. He's the guy you want to see start your franchise
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,883

Post#122 » by ampd » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:05 pm

The TWolves have more guys, but I think the Bucks have the best chance to have the best individual player.

If I had to pick who would have more wins over the next 3 years though, its overwhelmingly likely it will be Minny.

As far as the "core" goes its hard to say, and it depends on a lot of things, like who you think the "core" of each team actually is, and what you think of Larry Sanders and Ricky Rubio. I lean a bit toward the Timberwolves, since there is always a chance Rubio figures out how to shoot and becomes a legitimate star, and I think they have a higher 'floor' and more guys who are closer. Plus I like Parker better than Wiggins, but Wiggins is so gifted he might just be able to coast to being an above average NBA player even if he doesn't ever become an ultra mega super duper star.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,830

Post#123 » by Klomp » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:12 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:If you had to play Johnny Flynn for 32 minutes as starting PG like we did last night with Knight.....

We played Barea 27 minutes, so call it even
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,685

Post#124 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:20 pm

Klomp wrote:Well that was fun, wasn't it?!

No Wiggins and no Giannis (basically) and we saw who has the better remaining talent.

A one game preseason sample was definitely a pretty great way to settle this argument.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,966

Post#125 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:23 pm

Like I said previously, Minnesota's team actually depresses me a bit. They could trot out a lineup of really young and exciting guys that's likely to get trounced for 60 games. But if they're playing actual win-now guys 20-30 mpg at the expense of a high 2015 pick it'll be a travesty.

Go with

Rubio/LaVine
Muhammad/Heslip
Wiggins/GRIII
Bennett
Dieng

and trade the **** out of Thad and Pek.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,830

Post#126 » by Klomp » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:27 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:A one game preseason sample was definitely a pretty great way to settle this argument.

I thought so too! :D
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,710

Post#127 » by AussieBuck » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:43 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Like I said previously, Minnesota's team actually depresses me a bit. They could trot out a lineup of really young and exciting guys that's likely to get trounced for 60 games. But if they're playing actual win-now guys 20-30 mpg at the expense of a high 2015 pick it'll be a travesty.

Go with

Rubio/LaVine
Muhammad/Heslip
Wiggins/GRIII
Bennett
Dieng

I have a feeling they'll win more than last season going win now.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
breakchains
General Manager
And1: 2,708

Post#128 » by breakchains » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:13 pm

The 2014 draft was about two players, neither of whom was Wiggins. He didn't belong in the conversation and luckily for the Bucks, went to one of the few teams who would've taken Wiggins over Jabari. I don't think that debate will be that interesting moving forward, possibly even as soon as December.

The true debate, IMO, will be about whether the Bucks should have taken and red shirted Embiid. It's a difficult question because of the unique circumstances surrounding the 2014 Bucks (stadium, etc.).

At the end of the day, I think the lottery saved Philly from itself and allowed it to take the true generational talent in Embiid instead of the guy they supposedly really wanted in Wiggins (which makes me question Hinkie's talent evaluation). The Bucks won because we have gotten a HOF type talent as well, but likely not as impactful as Embiid will be when it's all said and done. It will be interesting to see it all play out.
breakchains
General Manager
And1: 2,708

Post#129 » by breakchains » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:14 pm

Further, I'm taking Giannis in an easy choice over Wiggins too, making this question easy to answer for me. BUCKS.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#130 » by El Duderino » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:40 am

ReasonablySober wrote:Like I said previously, Minnesota's team actually depresses me a bit. They could trot out a lineup of really young and exciting guys that's likely to get trounced for 60 games. But if they're playing actual win-now guys 20-30 mpg at the expense of a high 2015 pick it'll be a travesty.

Go with

Rubio/LaVine
Muhammad/Heslip
Wiggins/GRIII
Bennett
Dieng

That just never happens though in real basketball, only fans dreams online. Hell, even Philly last year who went on an unprecedented level of tank plan were still playing Young, Hawes, and Turner big minutes before Turner and Hawes got traded at the deadline.

If an NBA team has competent veterans on their roster, they are going to get minutes, even on a team with slim to no shot at making the playoffs.
jtf150
Bench Warmer
And1: 155

Post#131 » by jtf150 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:49 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
Klomp wrote:Well that was fun, wasn't it?!

No Wiggins and no Giannis (basically) and we saw who has the better remaining talent.

A one game preseason sample was definitely a pretty great way to settle this argument.

who won the first game between the 2? Preseason games mean nothing especially the last one.
“I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''” - Muhammad Ali

Return to Milwaukee Bucks