ImageImage

What lineup do you want to see Opening Night in Charlotte?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

mcfromage
Veteran
And1: 840

Re: What lineup do you want to see Opening Night in Charlott 

Post#61 » by mcfromage » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:36 pm

Want:

Marshall
Middleton
Giannis
Parker
Henson

Expect:

Knight
Middleton
Giannis
Parker
Sanders
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,006

Post#62 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:14 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
Swan Vox wrote:All line-ups aside, how terrible has Ersan been? Man that guy has fallen off a cliff. Such a shame that it looks like we have yet again waited too long to move a guy and squandered the asset. His game right now makes my eyes bleed.

Herb Kohl should refund $16 million of the purchase price of the team to Edens/Lasry to compensate them for Ersan's contract the next two years. That guy needed to be dealt for a future asset back in June 2013 before that draft. We could have gotten a first in the 8-15 range then.

woah woah woah...... what?
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,769

Post#63 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:21 am

Nah, we could have gotten pick #3 from Washington[/green]
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#64 » by theFireBlanket » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:31 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
Swan Vox wrote:All line-ups aside, how terrible has Ersan been? Man that guy has fallen off a cliff. Such a shame that it looks like we have yet again waited too long to move a guy and squandered the asset. His game right now makes my eyes bleed.

Herb Kohl should refund $16 million of the purchase price of the team to Edens/Lasry to compensate them for Ersan's contract the next two years. That guy needed to be dealt for a future asset back in June 2013 before that draft. We could have gotten a first in the 8-15 range then.

Marc & Wes made out like bandits on the franchise purchase with the new TV deal in place. Ersan's contract is a blip on that map. He still has time to regain his form. As poor as his play was for the majority of the most recent game, he managed to close out strong.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,746

Post#65 » by Treebeard » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:52 am

Hasn't Ersan traditionally started real slow at the beginning of the season most years? Trouble is last year he never got past the injuries and never got going.

Does anyone have any historic data first half season vs 2nd half for Ersan?

So far, to be real polite, he has not played well....
Pachulia
Junior
And1: 369

Post#66 » by Pachulia » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:57 am

Personally, I just hope Sanders is the starting center and not Zaza in some sort of miracle.

I feel like the whole board would excommunicate me if Zaza plays big minutes this year-- especially if he veer gets a start over a healthy Sanders/Henson.
Follow Zaza on Instagram: @ZazaPachulia
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,184

Post#67 » by skones » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:57 am

I'm of the impression that Parker and Giannis chemistry can develop over time. I don't think it's as pressing as each players respective skill development in the immediate. Simply put, both players need to "get theirs" at this point and work through their mistakes on both ends of the floor. I think playing them heavy minutes together right from the get go may be a hindrance in that. Ultimately, Jabari is going to be relied on to score, and Giannis's lack of a jumper will be a glaring weakness as it pertains to him being able to play off of that. Giannis's offensive value will be with the ball in his hands. In leading the second unit, I think Giannis would have more opportunities to exploit matchups in this way, thus allowing him to work through his mistakes more frequently rather than clearing out while Parker goes to work. Obviously you want the two on the court together at some point to familiarize, but in making Giannis the first guy off the bench, you potentially put him in situations where he's being told to be more assertive as soon as he enters the game which could do wonders for his confidence level.
Pachulia
Junior
And1: 369

Post#68 » by Pachulia » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:02 am

Treebeard wrote:Hasn't Ersan traditionally started real slow at the beginning of the season most years? Trouble is last year he never got past the injuries and never got going.

Does anyone have any historic data first half season vs 2nd half for Ersan?

So far, to be real polite, he has not played well....

Ersan's numbers do improve every month as the year wears along (at least career-wise).

October- 94 ORtg and .458 TS%
November- 98 ORtg and .487 TS%
December- 101 ORtg and .489 TS%
January- 106 Ortg and .518 TS%
February- 114 ORtg and .538 TS%
March- 121 ORtg and .592 TS%

before ultimately dropping to a

April- 110 ORtg and .558 TS%.

So yes, Ersan does improve throughout the season-- if his career numbers are to be trusted.
Follow Zaza on Instagram: @ZazaPachulia
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,035

Post#69 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:03 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:

Ask your friend Hammond when you see him. 2013 was a weak draft. Teams were calling on Ersan. Herb waived them off.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,723

Re: What lineup to you want to see Opening Night in Charlott 

Post#70 » by emunney » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:22 am

Chapter29 wrote:
emunney wrote:Jabarles, Giannis, Sanders, McLemore, McCollum

Um....we get to randomly select our team even non Bucks players. OK.

What?
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,006

Post#71 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:58 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:

Ask your friend Hammond when you see him. 2013 was a weak draft. Teams were calling on Ersan. Herb waived them off.

I don't deny teams may have called but the idea lotto picks were ever on the table id call a pipedream.

this board has always overvalued ersans value in trade even when hes played well. his lone unrestricted free agency coming off his career year should have proved how coveted he is in that regard beyond any doubt. when he hit the open market there was virtual silence when a bunch of teams could have gotten him for no compensation to us. youre telling me a year later after he had regressed there were lotto picks on the table?

obviously somebody whispered in your ear there may have been something to say this.... so if you want to believe it go ahead. my common sense and the little I know from what ive heard about what our guys values have been im not buying it.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,035

Post#72 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:09 am

GoS.....you are off on your years.

Summer of 2012, teams concerned whether Ersan a one year flash in the pan. Only did it for last three months of the year. Not many teams with cap space. Ersan resigns with Bucks, partly because his wife wants to stay In Milwaukee.

Summer of 2013, teams now see Ersan shooting 45 percent from 3 for two straight years, even after getting his big contract.

Summer of 2013, teams call Bucks about Ersan. Herb waives them off.

Summer of 2014, Ersan completes bucket of ass season. Trade value down the tubes.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,723

Post#73 » by emunney » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:16 am

Ersan for bad salary and a pick in the teens made sense to me. The Ersan for #3 rumor never made sense to me other than, you know, Grunfeld's involvement.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Pick and TRoll
Sophomore
And1: 23
Location: Crawling to contention through 26 years of **** smelling foulness you can't even imagine.

Post#74 » by Pick and TRoll » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:35 am

I was originally going to post this in the "Giannis at PG" thread, but it's locked and it probably fits just as well if not better here.

I was as excited as anyone with the idea of a 7' PG, and I'm still not certain one way or another if it could work, but now I wonder if that experiment along with several other moves (giving Ers the green light, lots of Zaza, etc.) aren't part of a "tank the season" strategy to ensure us one more high pick. I remember posts about other teams intentionally playing young players out of position (was it Durant?) to both expand their skill set and prevent them from having too positive of an impact on wins. With the early quote from one of the owners about wanting to rebuild, perhaps this is part of it.

If that's the case, I'd be fine with a lineup of:

Giannis
Knight
Dudley
Ers
Zaza

to start the season if it meant we were trying to showcase the vets for trades and start strong out of the gate with some early losses. As long as the young guys get the minutes after we make some trades to clear out the depth, I'm good.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,113

Post#75 » by FrieAaron » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:02 am

Wolters/Marshall
Knight/Mayo
Giannis/Middleton
Parker/Ersan
Sanders/Henson
wisportsfan4
Junior
And1: 81

Post#76 » by wisportsfan4 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:31 am

Pick and TRoll wrote:I was originally going to post this in the "Giannis at PG" thread, but it's locked and it probably fits just as well if not better here.

I was as excited as anyone with the idea of a 7' PG, and I'm still not certain one way or another if it could work, but now I wonder if that experiment along with several other moves (giving Ers the green light, lots of Zaza, etc.) aren't part of a "tank the season" strategy to ensure us one more high pick. I remember posts about other teams intentionally playing young players out of position (was it Durant?) to both expand their skill set and prevent them from having too positive of an impact on wins. With the early quote from one of the owners about wanting to rebuild, perhaps this is part of it.

If that's the case, I'd be fine with a lineup of:

Giannis
Knight
Dudley
Ers
Zaza

to start the season if it meant we were trying to showcase the vets for trades and start strong out of the gate with some early losses. As long as the young guys get the minutes after we make some trades to clear out the depth, I'm good.

Good Lord I hope not.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,014

Post#77 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:38 am

Pachulia wrote:Personally, I just hope Sanders is the starting center and not Zaza in some sort of miracle.

I feel like the whole board would excommunicate me if Zaza plays big minutes this year-- especially if he veer gets a start over a healthy Sanders/Henson.

Eh, it would severely harm any enthusiasm I have for Kidd if Zaza is getting 20 minutes a night at center, but every minute he's out there in place of Sanders is a minute we're closer to a higher draft pick and someone like Towns, Mudiay or Oubre.

So sure, play Zaza.
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,667

Post#78 » by machu46 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:49 am

driese0824 wrote:
JayMKE wrote:
JustinCredible wrote:Marshall
Middleton
Giannis
Parker
Sanders

I'd like to see this line up

And who exactly is going to score in that lineup my god its like playing 2 on 5.
Let's see marshall nope giannis hell no parker 15 a game sanders 12 and Middleton 14 .That lineup would average 70 a night.
Of you are going to start giannis at the 3 u need somewhat of a scorer at 1 (knight) U NEED some1 there to help offset what scoring you won't get at the 3 spot which is usually a position where u have a good scorer

Just for the record, this would be 6 points off Miami Heat's starting lineup from last year. Most starting lineups score around 70-80 points per game.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,944

Post#79 » by Jez2983 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:11 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:GoS.....you are off on your years.

Summer of 2012, teams concerned whether Ersan a one year flash in the pan. Only did it for last three months of the year. Not many teams with cap space. Ersan resigns with Bucks, partly because his wife wants to stay In Milwaukee.

Summer of 2013, teams now see Ersan shooting 45 percent from 3 for two straight years, even after getting his big contract.

Summer of 2013, teams call Bucks about Ersan. Herb waives them off.

Summer of 2014, Ersan completes bucket of ass season. Trade value down the tubes.

But really, our luck is that 2014 traded Ersan becomes more-3-shooting Dirk with hustle somewhere else.

I don't want to see Ersan starting, but I really feel he will be night 1. Then he goes back to the bench. Then he wins back his spot in 2015.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#80 » by Newz » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:35 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:Nah, we could have gotten pick #3 from Washington[/green]

There was actually a time on this forum where some posters said Ersan was a better player than Chris Bosh. So, yeah... I'm sure some people who believe/believed that. :D

Return to Milwaukee Bucks