crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,319

Re: Giannis jumpshot "by the numbers" 

Post#21 » by crkone » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:24 pm

RRyder823 wrote:
Rockmaninoff wrote:
Nebula1 wrote:

Giannis is not a center. Kevin Durant is not a center.

Both guys are 3/4 depending on matchups and we just need to get Giannis more touches and shots. I suspect he'll become less passive the more he plays and until then, he's probably best coming off the bench.

Going forward, which Kevin is Giannis trending towards - Durant or Garnett?

I'm thinking Garnett. I think Giannis is more special as a 4 (potentially 5) with his length, agility, and handle. I like the idea of him getting the ball more often directly from stops (higher percentage of getting rebounds, steals, blocks, loose balls while closer to the basket), and pushing it down the court. I like him better offensively inside the arc. You can high and low post him, and he can make the passes or use his physical gifts to get to the basket/line.

Jabari can play the 3. He'll get better at shooting from range, and it'll be easier to hide him defensively.

If we've got Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett, then all we need is Ray Allen.

I dont mind the KG statement but when KG came in he was a 3. As he got older he became a a 4 then 5. Untill Giannis atheltism starts to wain hell be fine at the 3 in a point forward role. His jumper will develop. Kids 19 for christ sake

People are getting real impatient here. It's going to be a long few years for some on this board.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#22 » by El Duderino » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:46 pm

I've been saying for awhile now that just how well Giannis develops his jump shot be it from mid-range to exploit his length and from three point land will be a huge factor as to whether he eventually becomes only a good player or a great player.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Post#23 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:34 pm

Rockmaninoff wrote:I'm thinking Garnett. I think Giannis is more special as a 4 (potentially 5) with his length, agility, and handle..

This is why Woelfel's comment wasn't as **** crazy as it first sounded.

I've watched Giannis defensively this preseason and when he is somewhere in the pivot area (arc from 10 feet out from the hoop, not necessarily right down under the hoop) he uses those arms and is incredibly disruptive to prevent the entry pass or to strip the ball when the guard drives the lane. Then when he's down in the blocks proper, I don't think he likes the contact, but his arms are quick and tough to shoot over. He also sucks in rebounds as long as he doesn't get ridden out of position by a heavier guy. Then as you say, he can outlet pass or start the break himself. He'll out-run the Marc Gasol's like crazy.

Then of course you've got the offensive situation where he looks more likely to develop an unstoppable arsenal in the box than he does turning into Michael Redd on the perimeter.

I'm drinking the kool-aid now but between Jabari, Giannis, Sanders and Henson we are absolutely loaded with potential at the bigs position. Loaded.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,674

Post#24 » by AussieBuck » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:00 pm

I think his jumper when he's not on the move will be fine which is all we need if he's guarded by bigs.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter

Return to Milwaukee Bucks