ImageImage

Kendall Marshall.

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

AshBlackstone
Senior
And1: 221

Kendall Marshall. 

Post#1 » by AshBlackstone » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:26 pm

I just wanted to offer a belated congratulations on capitalizing on the worst decision the Los Angeles Lakers have ever made. I'm a Magic fan, and I was really hoping that when the Lakers let him go, Orlando would get to to claim him.

I described the Lakers' decision to let Marshall go in the offseason at the time as the worst personnel decision in NBA history. How do you just waive a 22 year old point guard on a rookie contract that is averaging nearly 9 assists per game? Which by the way, was 2nd in the league to only Chris Paul. And to make room for a worse player in Jeremy Lin at that, who is on a terribly inflated deal!

I purchase NBA League Pass every year, and when I'm not watching my Magic...I'll definitely be checking out Milwaukee. I really like the direction of your franchise.
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 5,961

Re: Kendall Marshall. 

Post#2 » by Siefer » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:43 pm

AshBlackstone wrote:I just wanted to offer a belated congratulations on capitalizing on the worst decision the Los Angeles Lakers have ever made. I'm a Magic fan, and I was really hoping that when the Lakers let him go, Orlando would get to to claim him.

I described the Lakers' decision to let Marshall go in the offseason at the time as the worst personnel decision in NBA history. How do you just waive a 22 year old point guard on a rookie contract that is averaging nearly 9 assists per game? Which by the way, was 2nd in the league to only Chris Paul. And to make room for a worse player in Jeremy Lin at that, who is on a terribly inflated deal!

I purchase NBA League Pass every year, and when I'm not watching my Magic...I'll definitely be checking out Milwaukee. I really like the direction of your franchise.

:o
step3profit
Analyst
And1: 819

Post#3 » by step3profit » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:51 pm

Clearly this guy has never heard of either Tobias Harris trade.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,638

Post#4 » by chonestown » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:53 pm

AshBlackstone wrote:I just wanted to offer a belated congratulations on capitalizing on the worst decision the Los Angeles Lakers have ever made.

Thank you for visiting the Bucks RealGM forum, Mr. Walton. I enjoyed your color commentary work with Steve Jones and Marv Albert on NBC.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

MickeyDavis: "OT Pants is gone forever. Cherish the Memory." (3/28/23)
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,111

Post#5 » by Shaffty » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:56 pm

How high are you?
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,962

Post#6 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:02 pm

marshall is a nba scrub. it wont take long for people to figure it out once the season starts unless hes SO bad in practice that he cant make the rotation. if that happens then it will prolong the weird fan adoration he gets because guys will swear wed be better if he was playing.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,450

Post#7 » by Matches Malone » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:48 pm

I actually really like Marshall, especially for where we are in the rebuild right now. He's a great passer and is someone who can get the ball in the right spots for both Jabari and Giannis to succeed. I think eventually he will make a great backup point guard. I wouldn't call Marshall a scrub by any means, however, he isn't going to transcend the position either. He isn't very good on defense but he makes up for it with his offensive IQ and finding teammates and making the game easier for everyone on the floor during offensive possessions. If he can fix his defensive deficiencies and work on his shot, he could have a similar career projection to that of a Chauncey Billups. That's if everything goes right and he gets a little magic on his side.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Post#8 » by CanadaBucks » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:15 pm

AshBlackstone wrote:I just wanted to offer a belated congratulations on capitalizing on the worst decision the Los Angeles Lakers have ever made. I'm a Magic fan, and I was really hoping that when the Lakers let him go, Orlando would get to to claim him.

I described the Lakers' decision to let Marshall go in the offseason at the time as the worst personnel decision in NBA history. How do you just waive a 22 year old point guard on a rookie contract that is averaging nearly 9 assists per game? .

Hyperbole (/haɪˈpɜrbəliː/ hy-PUR-bə-lee;[1] Greek: ὑπερβολή hyperbolē, "exaggeration") is the use of exaggeration as a rhetorical device or figure of speech. It may be used to evoke strong feelings or to create a strong impression, but is not meant to be taken literally.[2][3]

Hyperboles are exaggerations to create emphasis or effect. As a literary device, hyperbole is often used in poetry, and is frequently encountered in casual speech.[4] An example of hyperbole is: "The bag weighed a ton."[5] Hyperbole makes the point that the bag was very heavy, though it probably does not weigh a ton.[6]

In rhetoric, some opposites of hyperbole are meiosis, litotes, understatement, lackluster, prosaic, dull and bathos (the 'letdown' after a hyperbole in a phrase).

Return to Milwaukee Bucks