ImageImage

Is there a 2 for 1 Brandon Knight/Ersan trade out there?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

eagle13
Head Coach
And1: 107

Re: Is there a 2 for 1 Brandon Knight/Ersan trade out there? 

Post#301 » by eagle13 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:56 pm

Giannis Parker wrote:
bucksfansince88 wrote:Lakers & Bucks might be good trade partners if Brandons asking Price is too high

If the Lakers are smart, Kobe will be gone come February as long as he waives his no trade, which I expect he would.

I doubt any team could acquire Kobe's huge salary and actually improve because of the salary (quality players) that would have to be moved. Kobe is a Laker for the rest of his current contract
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,637

Post#302 » by machu46 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:01 pm

eagle13 wrote:
Giannis Parker wrote:
bucksfansince88 wrote:Lakers & Bucks might be good trade partners if Brandons asking Price is too high

If the Lakers are smart, Kobe will be gone come February as long as he waives his no trade, which I expect he would.

I doubt any team could acquire Kobe's huge salary and actually improve because of the salary (quality players) that would have to be moved. Kobe is a Laker for the rest of his current contract

Knicks could probably improve by swapping him with Amare or Bargnani lol, but I don't think they would do it.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
bucksfansince88
Analyst
And1: 1,772

Post#303 » by bucksfansince88 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:16 pm

the lakers arent going to gift Kobe to anyone just to shed his salary! they are going to want major assets back in return for kobe. I think the lakers do everything they can to bring in some more talent for Kobe and Byron Scott to work with
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,972

Post#304 » by drew881 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:32 pm

Would this trade be more palpable with Westbrook out?

Knight
Ersan

for

Reggie Jackson
Perry Jones
Kendrick Perkins
Future 1st
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,560

Post#305 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:43 pm

drew881 wrote:Would this trade be more palpable with Westbrook out?

Knight
Ersan

for

Reggie Jackson
Perry Jones
Kendrick Perkins
Future 1st

I doubt that they are that desperate to clear Perk's contract. Nor do I think they value Knight as a better player than Jackson, let alone both Jackson and Perry Jones.

Take out Perry Jones and the future 1st and I think they may bite. I'd just as rather offer them Marshall for Perkins + future 1st, and then buyout Perkins.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Post#306 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:23 pm

Knight
Ersan

for

Reggie Jackson
Perry Jones
Kendrick Perkins
Future 1st
no I don't think they would consider that. Heck Jones and Jackson are better right now than knight and ersan.

But I do agree the bucks should be on the phone with okc right now shopping knight or any of the other spare parts they might want.

Okc has to get some reinforcements. If they get off to too bad of a start without russ and Durant they'll be in big trouble out west. Probably takes 50 wins to get the 8 seed so the margin for error is slim.

Sent from my SM-G900V using RealGM Forums mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,593

Post#307 » by TroyD92 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:25 pm

Unless you get the doors blown off I'd wait on any trades till around the deadline. There's going to be a lot of fringe teams looking to make a push I think.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,962

Post#308 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:26 pm

ersans value will peak leading into his nonguaranteed year.... and mayos value will be mostly flat until his final year as well. the goal is definitely number 1s more than anything else and neither of those guys will be able to net one until their contract becomes favorable and we can absorb some money back for them. that was clearly discussed the other night. im not expecting fire works at this years deadline.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,746

Post#309 » by Treebeard » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:32 pm

Would Mayo & his contract be of interest to OKC? By the end of last season, I would have been happy to get a loaf of bread for him. He is looking pretty useful right now. I would much rather move Knight and/or Ersan, but.....

l would think the phone calls on Mayo have taken place from both sides.
machu46
General Manager

Post#310 » by machu46 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:38 pm

Not saying I support but I definitely agree that this is true...

@AnaheimAmigos: The deals for Kemba Walker and Alec Burks pretty much ensure that if Brandon Knight signs an extension, it will be for 8 figures per year.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,746

Post#311 » by Treebeard » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:23 pm

Is today the deadline for contract extensions till next summer?
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#312 » by raferfenix » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:30 pm

So let's say the Bucks are planning on trading Brandon Knight --- getting into deep negotiations on a contract extension would be a way for us to put up a front about how high we think his value is.

Yes though, we're probably just trying to extend him...
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,972

Post#313 » by drew881 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:36 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:

Knight
Ersan

for

Reggie Jackson
Perry Jones
Kendrick Perkins
Future 1st
no I don't think they would consider that. Heck Jones and Jackson are better right now than knight and ersan.

But I do agree the bucks should be on the phone with okc right now shopping knight or any of the other spare parts they might want.

Okc has to get some reinforcements. If they get off to too bad of a start without russ and Durant they'll be in big trouble out west. Probably takes 50 wins to get the 8 seed so the margin for error is slim.

Sent from my SM-G900V using RealGM Forums mobile app

I don't know enough about Jackson and his injury, but I think OKC needs to get something together to save these next two months. I don't think they can afford to miss the playoffs this year in terms of their overall scheme and window with Durant. He should be understanding, since he is the one injured, but still. This is a team that needs to compete year in and out.

Knight is in the same position as Jackson, heading toward a RFA deal, and the Thunder aren't negotiating a deal for him this year. But he can step in right now and score points for the Thunder and his healthy. I also think he would be a great 6th man for them off the bench and once everyone is healthy, and I think he could be that piece to put them over the top. Comparing their play on tape, I would say Jackson is the better finisher and Knight the better shooter. Both seem to have their criticisms of playing hero ball, but wouldn't Knight look better next to Westbrook?

I suppose another offer could be:

Knight/Ersan/Zaza for Perkins/Jackson/Collison.

Thunder

Westbrook/Telfair
Lamb/Knight/Morrow
Durant/Jones
Ibaka/Ersan
Adams/Zaza

This provides us with some nice expiring contracts, and puts us in the same position with Jackson as the RFA. Perhaps he is slightly cheaper?
breakchains
General Manager
And1: 2,708

Post#314 » by breakchains » Sat Nov 1, 2014 7:59 pm

Been banging the Schroder drum and still want to go down that path. Would also try for T.Ennis.
machu46
General Manager

Post#315 » by machu46 » Sat Nov 1, 2014 8:22 pm

breakchains wrote:Been banging the Schroder drum and still want to go down that path. Would also try for T.Ennis.

I'm fine with going after Schroder, but I feel like he's overrated. Ennis just isn't good. I think he'll end up overseas in a couple years.
breakchains
General Manager
And1: 2,708

Post#316 » by breakchains » Sat Nov 1, 2014 8:32 pm

Also add Larkin to my list.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks