ImageImage

Question: win or lose at opener?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Do you want a win or a loss for the Bucks tonight?

Poll ended at Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:36 pm

Win (optimist)
45%
I don't care (realist?)
45%
Loss (tanker)
9%

Total votes: 11

DutchManDanFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,807

Question: win or lose at opener? 

Post#1 » by DutchManDanFan » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:36 pm

Plan is to run this poll again for the home opener and after that once a month (if that's okay for the mods...).

Btw, no game thread yet?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,017

Re: Question: win or lose at opener? 

Post#2 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:40 pm

I'll be honest. I still want one more 60+ loss season.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#3 » by Newz » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:41 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:I'll be honest. I still want one more 60+ loss season.

I think we are going to play Knight and Ersan quite a bit... so I don't think you have much to worry about.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#4 » by LUKE23 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:45 pm

Last year I was cheering for losses (like jumping out of my seat when Hawes hit that turnaround 3). This year, I'll go in rooting for wins during the game, but I just really want to see the young guys play a ton. I do think it's in our best interest to get one more top 5 pick.
BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#5 » by BobbyLight » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:47 pm

I don't care what happens this year because it's going to go one of two ways.

We out preform expectations - Sweet, I can live with that, it means we have some great young players because Zaza/Ersan/Dudley/Bayless/Mayo aren't carrying us anywhere. If we are close to resembling good, it's going to be because a young player or two (or three) played better than we can imagine.

We suck - Also sweet, another draft pick and hopefully one for a PG so we can get rid of Knight.

Even though I want to get rid of Knight anyhow.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:52 pm

Newz wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:I'll be honest. I still want one more 60+ loss season.

I think we are going to play Knight and Ersan quite a bit... so I don't think you have much to worry about.

Knight worries me slightly. Young players can get better. Ersan definitely worries me. He's had two seasons of good play recently. If he's stretching the floor and shooting a high percentage for 26 minutes a night this tank isn't happening. Mayo's even a candidate to ruin the rank if he's shooting the ball well and picking his spots.

I want all of them gone, but Ersan in particular.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,668

Post#7 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:55 pm

Rooting for losses now is a moot point. I mean, you certainly can if you feel that we absolutely need another blue-chip prospect in the draft, but I'm going into every game cheering for wins like I always have with the realistic expectation that we aren't winning a whole lot this year regardless of what I root for.

We have our (hopefully) dynamic duo in Giannis and Parker. You want to see those guys improve and have it translate to wins sooner rather than later. This year's record is probably irrelevant, but next year you're going to want to see these two carrying the team to victories and at least be in playoff contention.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#8 » by Badgerlander » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:59 pm

I'm thinking loss tonight and a win on Friday. The Hornets are a playoff team, we are not. Still excited to watch the young guys play though.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:08 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Rooting for losses now is a moot point. I mean, you certainly can if you feel that we absolutely need another blue-chip prospect in the draft, but I'm going into every game cheering for wins like I always have with the realistic expectation that we aren't winning a whole lot this year regardless of what I root for.

We have our (hopefully) dynamic duo in Giannis and Parker. You want to see those guys improve and have it translate to wins sooner rather than later. This year's record is probably irrelevant, but next year you're going to want to see these two carrying the team to victories and at least be in playoff contention.

Why is this year's record irrelevant?

This may be the single most important season the Bucks have had in decades. A year from now there's a good chance that both Giannis and Jabari will be too good to prevent a tank. It isn't likely when they're both 19 years old, just like Westbrook and Russ weren't good enough to keep the Thunder out of the cellar.

But it would really suck if we miss out on one more elite level piece because of guys like Dudley, Ersan and Mayo bombing away from 40+ percent behind the arc. It absolutely could happen.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,389

Post#10 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:10 pm

Discuss tonights game in the game thread if you wish. If you wish to discuss how the team will do for the season you can put it in the season prediction thread.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks