GT: Season Opener - MIL vs. CHA - 6pm Central Time

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,593

Re: GT: Season Opener - MIL vs. CHA - 6pm Central Time 

Post#1741 » by TroyD92 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:02 am

books wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:You want Brandon Knight with Kemba? We'll take a truck full of Jordans.

oh man, that would be an instant league pass team, so much hilarity. esp with the right announcers. just imagine the tired resignation/hot anger in their voices.

Kemba/Knight/Stephenson/Marvin WIggins/Al Jeffries? Instant title contender.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
bigballajohn
Senior
And1: 21

Post#1742 » by bigballajohn » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:03 am

We just need a good floor general to initiate the offense...

Wait, we have Wolters and Marshall
VooDoo7 wrote:
emunney wrote:A horse walks into a bar. It turns to Mason Plumlee and says, "Why the long face?"

Frank the Tank scoffs at both of them.
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,636

Post#1743 » by machu46 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:04 am

Middleton was an underrated part of the collapse. Subbed in with 5 minutes to go and had 3 straight possessions of a missed jumper, a travel, and an offensive foul. Then missed the free throw at the end to allow them to tie the game up.

Finished the game scoring less efficiently than Knight, turned it over 4 times, and didn't do anything to help in any other area really.

He had a couple nice shots, but all in all, he really struggled tonight.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
Johnlac1
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,605

Post#1744 » by Johnlac1 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:06 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:Great game. You guys have an insane amount of talent, so I wouldn't be getting too pissed. Kemba had the most inefficient clutch good game (if that even exist) I have ever seen. Hes like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. Not sure why Giannis wasn't in the game during the most clutch moments, but oh well. Ill be watching you guys a ton going forward as a die hard Duke fan. Very interested to see Parker and Giannis grow and gel together.

It's a fact you guys have the better team, and we're fortunate to give you a run on your home court. But it looks like we're going to have some serious issues with Kidd. Knight is not a starting pg. He's an excellent athlete, but he doesn't understand the game. Wolters and Marshall have less physical talent, but are better pgs. He plays Dudley over Henson and Giannis because he thinks having a guy who can make an occasional three is better than guys who are far superior all-around. Pachullia is also dead weight. It appears Kidd still has a lot to learn.
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,636

Post#1745 » by machu46 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:09 am

Johnlac1 wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:Great game. You guys have an insane amount of talent, so I wouldn't be getting too pissed. Kemba had the most inefficient clutch good game (if that even exist) I have ever seen. Hes like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. Not sure why Giannis wasn't in the game during the most clutch moments, but oh well. Ill be watching you guys a ton going forward as a die hard Duke fan. Very interested to see Parker and Giannis grow and gel together.

It's a fact you guys have the better team, and we're fortunate to give you a run on your home court. But it looks like we're going to have some serious issues with Kidd. Knight is not a starting pg. He's an excellent athlete, but he doesn't understand the game. Wolters and Marshall have less physical talent, but are better pgs. He plays Dudley over Henson and Giannis because he thinks having a guy who can make an occasional three is better than guys who are far superior all-around. Pachullia is also dead weight. It appears Kidd still has a lot to learn.

I'm not going to complain about the rotations yet. Kidd has already said he's going to experiment for awhile and try to figure out what works for the team.

I do however think that Knight will continue to get 30+ minutes at the PG position.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
BuckHole
Veteran
And1: 1,004

Post#1746 » by BuckHole » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:14 am

Not a terrible loss. Charlotte fans won that game; both the refs and our team got rattled by the crowd. Jabari and Giannis as 19 year olds are babies and have a lot to learn about the pro game; Kidd went with experience. Fun to see Larry play well. Other highlights as well, but clouded by loss.
I admit to being a terrible judge of talent and having minimal knowledge of the game of basketball.
AKA Da Thread Killa
AllTheTime
Sophomore
And1: 30

Post#1747 » by AllTheTime » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:37 am

bigballajohn
Senior
And1: 21

Post#1748 » by bigballajohn » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:42 am

From a fantasy perspective, Knight had a great game. If we are talking about actually playing basketball, he hurt our team a lot.
VooDoo7 wrote:
emunney wrote:A horse walks into a bar. It turns to Mason Plumlee and says, "Why the long face?"

Frank the Tank scoffs at both of them.
Johnlac1
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,605

Post#1749 » by Johnlac1 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:13 pm

bigballajohn wrote:From a fantasy perspective, Knight had a great game. If we are talking about actually playing basketball, he hurt our team a lot.

Although he wasn't the only one guilty of it, Knight just takes too many rushed shots early in the clock. He does not know how to set up an offense. The Bucks do have players who can score inside and outside. A good pg can see that and set them up. But Kidd has to have the right players in the game. To me Knight is still a combo guard best off the bench.

On another note, I don't want to sound too pessimistic, because there is some excellent talent (albeit some undeveloped) talent on the team. This team is capable of winning 30-35 games this year. Which is a great improvement over last year. But until it gets organized, we're going to have more end of game debacles like last night.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,267

Post#1750 » by KidA24 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:22 pm

machu46 wrote:Middleton was an underrated part of the collapse. Subbed in with 5 minutes to go and had 3 straight possessions of a missed jumper, a travel, and an offensive foul. Then missed the free throw at the end to allow them to tie the game up.

Finished the game scoring less efficiently than Knight, turned it over 4 times, and didn't do anything to help in any other area really.

He had a couple nice shots, but all in all, he really struggled tonight.

To be fair, that offensive foul was an absolutely horrible call. He stepped to run by the guy while dribbling up court the guy moves into his path and Middleton gets called for the foul.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”

Return to Milwaukee Bucks