ImageImage

Woj - Knight plans to enter RFA

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Re: Woj - Knight plans to enter RFA 

Post#121 » by bigkurty » Sat Nov 1, 2014 12:26 am

If he can learn how to run a pick and roll to a high level under Kidds tutelage, then I could see bringing him back. It really depends on what Kidd can teach him and what he can learn in a year. If he stays the same player, I think you have to let him walk. The team offense literally looks worse every time he is in the game. It's like the same thing that happens to the defense when they put Ersan and Zaza in.
breakchains
General Manager
And1: 2,708

Post#122 » by breakchains » Sat Nov 1, 2014 12:26 am

This thread or the other one. Anything over 6M/year is a major overpay. Isaiah Thomas is a far far better player, and he got 4/27.

Just trade him and get an asset, I beg of you.
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,637

Post#123 » by machu46 » Sat Nov 1, 2014 12:35 am

breakchains wrote:This thread or the other one. Anything over 6M/year is a major overpay. Isaiah Thomas is a far far better player, and he got 4/27.

Yeah, but Isaiah is also probably better than a lot of guys signing for more money. Nobody wanted to pay him because he's tiny and has no hope defensively.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
breakchains
General Manager

Post#124 » by breakchains » Sat Nov 1, 2014 12:39 am

machu46 wrote:
breakchains wrote:This thread or the other one. Anything over 6M/year is a major overpay. Isaiah Thomas is a far far better player, and he got 4/27.

Yeah, but Isaiah is also probably better than a lot of guys signing for more money. Nobody wanted to pay him because he's tiny and has no hope defensively.

Who?

Teague is far far superior to Knight, and he signed an 8M/yr deal with us that was matched.
machu46
General Manager

Post#125 » by machu46 » Sat Nov 1, 2014 12:41 am

breakchains wrote:
machu46 wrote:

Who?

Teague is far far superior to Knight, and he signed an 8M/yr deal with us that was matched.

Who is getting paid more that I think Isaiah is better than? I'd say Kemba for example. And Teague as well, who I don't think is superior to Knight, but to each their own.
breakchains
General Manager

Post#126 » by breakchains » Sat Nov 1, 2014 12:44 am

machu46 wrote:
breakchains wrote:
machu46 wrote:

Who?

Who is getting paid more that I think Isaiah is better than? I'd say Kemba for example. And Teague as well, who I don't think is superior to Knight, but to each their own.
Man Teague is so far better than Knight that it's not even debatable IMO. If you have actually watched both of these guys all year there is no question about that. Teague is legit.
machu46
General Manager

Post#127 » by machu46 » Sat Nov 1, 2014 12:46 am

breakchains wrote:
machu46 wrote:
breakchains wrote:Who?

Man Teague is so far better than Knight that it's not even debatable IMO. If you have actually watched both of these guys all year there is no question about that. Teague is legit.

I have watched a lot of both of them, and I like Teague. But I definitely think it's debatable.
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,279

Post#128 » by xTitan » Sat Nov 1, 2014 1:08 am

machu46 wrote:
breakchains wrote:
machu46 wrote:

I have watched a lot of both of them, and I like Teague. But I definitely think it's debatable.

Teague is better than Knight, not much debate in my mind.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,459

Post#129 » by Matches Malone » Sat Nov 1, 2014 4:02 am

Is Goran Dragic a free agent after the year? I'd rather put the money into him than Brandon Knight. Dragic is a bit older but his style of play is much like a Steve Nash where he can have some longevity in this league.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,962

Post#130 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sat Nov 1, 2014 10:20 pm

if we get another high pick next year who isn't a pg then whether its dragic or not im all for breaking the bank on a good one even if its a veteran. my understanding was there were people in the organization who were willing to max bledsoe and there were some who wernt. I hope that changes and becomes unanimous if knight doesn't prove to be the guy and another opportunity like that comes along..... that wed do whatever it takes to get a guy if it can be that final piece. especially at that position, and especially before the new contract levels kick in with the tv deal.....pg seems that's the only position that our future is up in the air a bit.
Giannis Parker
Banned User
And1: 169

Post#131 » by Giannis Parker » Sat Nov 1, 2014 10:22 pm

Matches Malone wrote:Is Goran Dragic a free agent after the year? I'd rather put the money into him than Brandon Knight. Dragic is a bit older but his style of play is much like a Steve Nash where he can have some longevity in this league.

Dragic is 6 years older, I thought we were done with the Kohl era and supported a rebuild through youth?
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,685

Post#132 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat Nov 1, 2014 10:25 pm

I'd only sign a vet if Giannis and Parker show huge strides this season.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#133 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sat Nov 1, 2014 10:28 pm

Giannis Parker wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:Is Goran Dragic a free agent after the year? I'd rather put the money into him than Brandon Knight. Dragic is a bit older but his style of play is much like a Steve Nash where he can have some longevity in this league.

Dragic is 6 years older, I thought we were done with the Kohl era and supported a rebuild through youth?

with the rest of the youth on this team... plus another high pick next year....then I'll take talent over youth for that last piece to go try and win.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#134 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sat Nov 1, 2014 10:31 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:I'd only sign a vet if Giannis and Parker show huge strides this season.

agreed.....plus another stud in the draft next year in that vein. 3 potential breakout guys that at the time of the signing aren't showing signs of disappointment. that was my assumption with the comment.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,569

Post#135 » by JayMKE » Sat Nov 1, 2014 10:36 pm

Giannis Parker wrote:

Dragic is intriguing, his age isn't as much of a concern as a guy like Bledsoe or Knight was the same age. There isn't anything wrong with signing quality All Star talent as outright as FA, my only issue is how much more developing will Jabari and Giannis need after this season. We don't need or want everyone on the team to be teenagers. It doesn't seem likely Goran will leave Phoenix regardless which I think especially will be the case if they have a good year this year as expected despite having Bledsoe, Thomas, Ennis, and his brother. We're building a winner here and it would be dumb not to take advantage of FA if we can actually attract quality players. Lets say we finish with a top 5 pick but Jabari/Giannis establish themselves already as starters, Muiday is off the board, why not take one of the great big men in the draft and pursue a FA like Dragic?
FREE GIANNIS
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,459

Post#136 » by Matches Malone » Sat Nov 1, 2014 11:08 pm

Giannis Parker wrote:

This is completely different. Dragic is actually a good player who has a lot left. He can help players develop better like Jabari and Giannis by putting them into positions for success. A Kohl era player would be someone who's old and doesn't add anything worthwhile while being on the downswing of their career. Secondly, you can still build through youth but adding a piece like Dragic can help players grow together more. The point is Knight isn't the answer for this team and I'd rather put that money into a player that can help develop youth while also adding tremendous impact to your team. Unless we draft Emmanuel Mudiay, I don't see Dragic as a bad thing, even in a rebuild.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,562

Post#137 » by blazza18 » Sun Nov 2, 2014 1:40 am

No to Dragic.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#138 » by LUKE23 » Sun Nov 2, 2014 2:28 am

Teague is EASILY better than Knight.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#139 » by M-C-G » Sun Nov 2, 2014 5:22 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Teague is EASILY better than Knight.

The comment was it could be debated, which it can. Current Teague is a superior player in my opinion, and is the best example of a guy with similar athletic ability that the light bulb turned on;

Per 36 of each's 3rd season;

BK (age 22) - 19.4 pts, 5.3 ast, 3.8 rb, 1.0 stl, 2.6 to on .523 TS
JT (age 23) - 13.7 pts, 5.3 ast, 2.6 rb, 1.7 stl, 2.2 to on .551 TS

Last season for both (obviously the same # for Knight)

BK (age 22) - 19.4 pts, 5.3 ast, 3.8 rb, 1.0 stl, 2.6 to on .523 TS
JT (age 25) - 18.5 pts, 7.5 ast, 2.9 rb, 1.3 stl, 2.9 to on .541 TS

I get those are just stats, and Teague is likely a much better defender, I just don't see how that is not debate worthy. If BK follows the same maturity curve that Teague follows, that would put his raw numbers at 25 years old at;

BK (age 25) 26 pts, 7.5 ast, 4.2 reb, .75 st, 3.4 - I get that math is highly suspect, and there are all sorts of factors like system, shots per game, etc...But just trying to make the point, Knight IS a better player than Teague at this point in Knight's career than Teague in his 3rd year - and remember, in that first comparison both played about 33 minutes per game. If Teague can develop after age 22, Knight sure as hell can too.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#140 » by M-C-G » Sun Nov 2, 2014 5:29 pm

Also, I am not suggesting that BK will improve at those levels by any means, but at 23 with his first decent coach in the pros, why wouldn't you give him a chance to find out?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks