ImageImage

Game 2 PG Thread: 81-1!!!!!!!!!!

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Forte IV
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,497

Re: Game 2 PG Thread: 81-1!!!!!!!!!! 

Post#141 » by Forte IV » Sat Nov 1, 2014 4:46 am

O.J. Mayo had been my favorite player in the league up until last year. I had completely lost hope for him. But so far, he's brought me back. Loving what I've seen so far for you guys. Here's to hoping he continues this success.
If the Clippers win the championship next year I'm getting banned from RealGM
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,025

Post#142 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Nov 1, 2014 4:46 am

There is some unknown guy subbing for Sparky tonight. He was asking Wery why the CBA is set up to require the Bucks to make a contract decision on Knight after only two games. Thinks Kidd doesn't have a chance to see what he has in Knight.

Wery says "Jason Kidd has been around. He's seen enough of Knight last year and now the past month. If Jason Kidd wanted Knight signed to a long-term contract extension, it would have been done"

So now Kidd is blocking Knight from stardom and a long-term future in Milwaukee evidently.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
SkilesTheLimit
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,795

Post#143 » by SkilesTheLimit » Sat Nov 1, 2014 4:48 am

paulpressey25 wrote:Wery on the post game show comparing Brandon Knight to Chauncey Billups.....

Says Bucks will regret not signing him to an extension.

Stun.

It was only a matter of time before he stuck up for his friend Brandon Knight.

His agenda is sickening.

I wonder if he said anything good about Larry's 15 boards/4 blks tonight and stifling D?
We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees.
- Jason Kidd
jtf150
Bench Warmer
And1: 155

Post#144 » by jtf150 » Sat Nov 1, 2014 4:50 am

I was at this game and it seems like Kidd really doesn't know his rotation yet. It just doesn't seem right. He sits people too long and when someone gets hot, except for OJ at the end, he still sits. Jabari was hot in the first half, then he sits and Henson is in there for an extended time.
“I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''” - Muhammad Ali
jtf150
Bench Warmer

Post#145 » by jtf150 » Sat Nov 1, 2014 4:52 am

Brandon Knight needs to go, and so does Middleton. I am not liking either, they just hog the ball and don't have the talent to take over the game
“I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''” - Muhammad Ali
LTD
Freshman
And1: 22

Post#146 » by LTD » Sat Nov 1, 2014 4:53 am

I was at the game tonight with good seats in the lower bowl. I think my perception of the game is really different tonight versus what I see on TV.

Knight did NOT play well. I almost lost my voice yelling at him. He played selfishly, didn't make the easy play, and generally was ball handler without PG skills. In the fourth quarter he ran pick-n-roll with Parker twice.
Both times Sved switched on to Parker creating a great mismatch for the Bucks. Both times Knight completely ignored it despite the play developing right in front of him.

Henson may have looked effective on D in the box but he was horrible. I can't tell you how many times he was on the floor after getting dominated physically. Really disappointing.

Middleton was also poop. Kept shooting despite not having it tonight at the expense of team play.

Parker, GA, Sanders and Mayo were all bright spots.
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,883

Post#147 » by ampd » Sat Nov 1, 2014 4:54 am

paulpressey25 wrote:There is some unknown guy subbing for Sparky tonight. He was asking Wery why the CBA is set up to require the Bucks to make a contract decision on Knight after only two games. Thinks Kidd doesn't have a chance to see what he has in Knight.

Wery says "Jason Kidd has been around. He's seen enough of Knight last year and now the past month. If Jason Kidd wanted Knight signed to a long-term contract extension, it would have been done"

So now Kidd is blocking Knight from stardom and a long-term future in Milwaukee evidently.

That entire Woeful interview was one big wtf

I can't think of another 'journalist' of similar stature who spends so much time pushing a slanted agenda regarding players on the roster of the team they cover. I'm sure he has NBA connections of some kind, but his analysis is biased, often factually inaccurate, and practically useless.
SpursNBucks
Banned User
And1: 113

Post#148 » by SpursNBucks » Sat Nov 1, 2014 4:54 am

#1 Dudley- SEEING TOO MUCH COURT

#2 Mayo - Much better shape, into the game, a totally different looking player. Going from zero to hero. May have to start him. Although some players do best coming off the bench.

#3 Parker- A little passive on offense, a little too flat footed. Still pretty solid overall.

#4 Giannis- Not seeing enough court

#5 Knight- Looked better. actually got some key rebounds. He is what he is - had guys open and ignored

#6 Marshall and Wolters - Did NOTHING in their 10 minutes. Fringe NBA players.

#7 Henson -quietly went and had 6 blocks, 7 reb, and 2 steals in 21 minutes.

#8 Sanders- If he could only make all those 2 footers. 15 reb, 4 blocks, and 2 steals- impact is there again.

#9 Middleton- Not a good game, fell out of character and tried to be more then he is right now.

#10 OVERALL- Not a very well played game against a bad team. With exception of Mayo team didn't shoot well, and didn't play with the intensity they did in last game.
jtf150
Bench Warmer

Post#149 » by jtf150 » Sat Nov 1, 2014 4:55 am

Giannis needs to settle down a little and control his game. He just seems to play a little out of control. Once he learns how to play with more control, he will be unstoppable.
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Post#150 » by CanadaBucks » Sat Nov 1, 2014 4:55 am

SkilesTheLimit wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:Wery on the post game show comparing Brandon Knight to Chauncey Billups.....

Says Bucks will regret not signing him to an extension.

Stun.

It was only a matter of time before he stuck up for his friend Brandon Knight.

His agenda is sickening.

I wonder if he said anything good about Larry's 15 boards/4 blks tonight and stifling D?

he actually did

Gery Woelfel @GeryWoelfel · 3h 3 hours ago
Kidd pulls Parker and then Sanders just 4 minutes into second half. Strange. Both are playing well.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#151 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Nov 1, 2014 4:57 am

Looks like OnMilwaukee.com is going to push Jim Owczarski as a Bucks beat writer to challenge Gardner.

http://mobile.onmilwaukee.com/myOMC/aut ... pener.html

I didn't see a sellout tonight. There were certain swaths of the upper deck that were open. I'd put actual turnstile at maybe 17,000. It was a very healthy crowd though.

Crowd noise level was ok, but not great. What made it hard was the team never really got in any sort of groove until that run in the 4th.

ampd
RealGM

Post#152 » by ampd » Sat Nov 1, 2014 4:57 am

jtf150 wrote:IHe sits people too long and when someone gets hot, except for OJ at the end, he still sits. Jabari was hot in the first half, then he sits and Henson is in there for an extended time.

After tonight I'm convinced Larry is on some sort of unannounced minutes restriction. For 2 games in a row we sat him for 10+ minutes straight with 3 fouls in the 3rd. Considering how much better he really is than Henson, I'd imagine we'll be looking to get as many minutes out of him as possible.

Other than that I have no problem with our rotation at all tonight.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#153 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Nov 1, 2014 5:00 am

The other state secret is what ownership stake Jame Dinan holds. He greeted the crowd at the start along with Edens and Lasry. And did Dinan buy in based on the $550mm sale price or did he have to pay a higher price based on the Clippers valuation. I wonder that about all the new minority owners. Possible Edens and Lasry have already made a profit on a portion of their Bucks stake.

JustinCredible
Head Coach
And1: 2,965

Post#154 » by JustinCredible » Sat Nov 1, 2014 5:00 am

I have been a Knight hater but I thought he played pretty well tonight. He is a pretty elite rebounder for his position. He also had a handful of creations for teammates.

If he continues to improve he could get close to a max deal. Not kidding. He stuffs the box score and someone is going to pay.
All posts are my own opinion.
Twitter: @itsjwills
driese0824
Pro Prospect
And1: 60

Post#155 » by driese0824 » Sat Nov 1, 2014 5:03 am

ampd wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Not gonna lie, I've done a pretty quick 180 on Mayo.

It isn't necessarily a result of the production, it started when that photo surfaced of him in the late summer working out with the group of guys and he looked like a completely transformed person. It's translated to some really impressive play so far; he's been an entirely different player.

Yeah OJ has been an astonishingly complete player through the pre season and the first 2 games. He's played quality defense, been unselfish, and taken good shots. He's also constantly encouraging the other guys on the floor and seems like he's taking a leadership role. He almost definitely won't shoot this percentage all year but whatever was going on last year he's completely turned it around.

some1 mentioned yesterday on this board that OJ was the #1 high school recruit in the nation, was that true.I never knew he was that good in high school
ampd
RealGM

Post#156 » by ampd » Sat Nov 1, 2014 5:05 am

driese0824 wrote:
ampd wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Not gonna lie, I've done a pretty quick 180 on Mayo.

It isn't necessarily a result of the production, it started when that photo surfaced of him in the late summer working out with the group of guys and he looked like a completely transformed person. It's translated to some really impressive play so far; he's been an entirely different player.

Yeah OJ has been an astonishingly complete player through the pre season and the first 2 games. He's played quality defense, been unselfish, and taken good shots. He's also constantly encouraging the other guys on the floor and seems like he's taking a leadership role. He almost definitely won't shoot this percentage all year but whatever was going on last year he's completely turned it around.

some1 mentioned yesterday on this board that OJ was the #1 high school recruit in the nation, was that true.I never knew he was that good in high school

It wasn't quite Wiggins level but he was getting similar hype

jtf150
Bench Warmer

Post#157 » by jtf150 » Sat Nov 1, 2014 5:07 am

ampd wrote:
jtf150 wrote:IHe sits people too long and when someone gets hot, except for OJ at the end, he still sits. Jabari was hot in the first half, then he sits and Henson is in there for an extended time.

After tonight I'm convinced Larry is on some sort of unannounced minutes restriction. For 2 games in a row we sat him for 10+ minutes straight with 3 fouls in the 3rd. Considering how much better he really is than Henson, I'd imagine we'll be looking to get as many minutes out of him as possible.

Other than that I have no problem with our rotation at all tonight.

Larry also needs to have more authority when under the basket, too many times I seem him lay it up soft and miss the shot. "Just dunk it, Larry!!! don't be soft with it!"
driese0824
Pro Prospect
And1: 60

Post#158 » by driese0824 » Sat Nov 1, 2014 5:11 am

ampd wrote:
driese0824 wrote:
ampd wrote:

It wasn't quite Wiggins level but he was getting similar hype

wow I would say being compared to Lebron is getting hyped big time.Never saw him play in HS.mua5 of been amazing
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,404

Post#159 » by randy84 » Sat Nov 1, 2014 5:11 am

paulpressey25 wrote:The other state secret is what ownership stake Jame Dinan holds. He greeted the crowd at the start along with Edens and Lasry. And did Dinan buy in based on the $550mm sale price or did he have to pay a higher price based on the Clippers valuation. I wonder that about all the new minority owners. Possible Edens and Lasry have already made a profit on a portion of their Bucks stake.

I'm pretty sure they made back the $100 million they have offered to help build the arena.
jtf150
Bench Warmer

Post#160 » by jtf150 » Sat Nov 1, 2014 5:13 am

paulpressey25 wrote:The other state secret is what ownership stake Jame Dinan holds. He greeted the crowd at the start along with Edens and Lasry. And did Dinan buy in based on the $550mm sale price or did he have to pay a higher price based on the Clippers valuation. I wonder that about all the new minority owners. Possible Edens and Lasry have already made a profit on a portion of their Bucks stake.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks