ImageImage

Trade Targets (postcript on yesterday-other teams)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Re: Trade Targets 

Post#801 » by raferfenix » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:13 am

Woj:

The Brooklyn Nets and Sacramento Kings are discussing a deal centered on former All-Star guard Deron Williams, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

The Nets have been shopping their high-priced star players, and the Kings have been probing the market for an impact point guard.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--k ... 55172.html

If Brandon Knight is at all available, we're probably talking with the Kings too.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,944

Post#802 » by Jez2983 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:16 am

Dcebucks11 wrote:
Pedro Alexandre wrote:
Garden Of Edens wrote:Since the Sixers are always trading people to get worse, I wonder if we offered them our 1st this year and Henson for Embiid or Carter Williams. Seriously though the draft this year sucks unless you have 1 or 2, we might as well trade it for something

Philadelphia relies heavily on Embiid.

If Sixers select Okafor, I would try to negotiate for Noel

Noel is basically Sanders.. All rim protection nothing else. And NO to MCW .. his shooting is awful

Duh for embiid but obviously sixers need much more than that to budge..

Seriously, you wouldn't go for Noel? If you saw any summer league you'd know he has talent in that end.

The Sixers hang up crying of laughter at most packages we'd put together for Noel. Maybe our 1st, mids and something else but I seriously doubt it. If they do get okafor we maybe able to trade for Noel in 2 seasons.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#803 » by jakecronus8 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:17 am

As much as I dislike Knight the point guard, no way I'd take Williams over him.
Do it for Chuck
Jez2983
RealGM

Post#804 » by Jez2983 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:20 am

jakecronus8 wrote:As much as I dislike Knight the point guard, no way I'd take Williams over him.

Agree 100%

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
Dcebucks11
Banned User
And1: 850

Post#805 » by Dcebucks11 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:28 am

Jez2983 wrote:
Dcebucks11 wrote:
Pedro Alexandre wrote:
Philadelphia relies heavily on Embiid.

If Sixers select Okafor, I would try to negotiate for Noel

Noel is basically Sanders.. All rim protection nothing else. And NO to MCW .. his shooting is awful

Seriously, you wouldn't go for Noel? If you saw any summer league you'd know he has talent in that end.

The Sixers hang up crying of laughter at most packages we'd put together for Noel. Maybe our 1st, mids and something else but I seriously doubt it. If they do get okafor we maybe able to trade for Noel in 2 seasons.

Nope I wouldn't.

I think I remember Henson dominating summer league and Sanders even made a few 3s i think.. He's Henson like on defense, doesn't body up on anyone. Not a big fan
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,769

Post#806 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:31 am

He is not Henson like on defense, he's actually a good defender.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Jez2983
RealGM

Post#807 » by Jez2983 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:39 am

Dcebucks11 wrote:Nope I wouldn't.

I think I remember Henson dominating summer league and Sanders even made a few 3s i think.. He's Henson like on defense, doesn't body up on anyone. Not a big fan

You don't think he'll improve? Dudes played like 20 NBA games. At the same stage Sanders was older and buried on the bench. And he evolved into an elite rim protector.

Any NBA team would have Noel.

Dcebucks11
Banned User

Post#808 » by Dcebucks11 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:42 am

Jez2983 wrote:
Dcebucks11 wrote:Nope I wouldn't.

You don't think he'll improve? Dudes played like 20 NBA games. At the same stage Sanders was older and buried on the bench. And he evolved into an elite rim protector.

Any NBA team would have Noel.

I think he'll improve to maybe Sanders level but nothing more than that. His offensive game is not good at all.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,718

Post#809 » by AussieBuck » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:42 am

Noel looks like a stud defender with enough skill to be a decent pick and roll finisher eventually. I'd love to get him.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,769

Post#810 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:43 am

Even if they draft Okafor I don't think there's anything on our roster outside of the untouchables that would get Noel or Embiid, picks included.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
breakchains
General Manager
And1: 2,708

Post#811 » by breakchains » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:55 am

If they get Okafor/Towns, I'm pretty sure Noel will be available and Embiid will be untouchable. I don't know if we have anything of interest to them that we could trade though, other than 1st round pick(s).
raferfenix
RealGM

Post#812 » by raferfenix » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:05 am

Jez2983 wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:As much as I dislike Knight the point guard, no way I'd take Williams over him.

Agree 100%

Knight seems to objectively have way more value than Williams these days. The injury issues combined with his massive salary and bad attitude make him a major risk -- especially for a team with Cousins.

This is probably why the Kings are asking for incentive like Plumlee just to take on Williams' salary, in contrast to the Stauskas for Knight scenarios we've been talking about:

The talks have centered on sending the Nets point guard Darren Collison and forwards Derrick Williams and Jason Thompson as part of a multi-player package for Williams, league sources said.

Sacramento has significant interest with Williams, but a hurdle to a possible deal is the Kings’ desire to have center Mason Plumlee included into the package, league sources said. Brooklyn has considered Plumlee a significant part of its future core.

The Kings have been thrilled with Collison, who has emerged as a strong leader and a popular teammate this season. There remains a reluctance for Sacramento to move him in a deal, sources said, but the Nets would need a point guard to replace Williams.
Garden Of Edens
Sixth Man
And1: 813

Post#813 » by Garden Of Edens » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:18 am

Ok I'm officially on the Trade for Goran Dragic wagon. I absolutely love to pay him over Knight. And is that's not enough here's another reason on Dragic. http://youtu.be/J7jZdeP6NM8 Does anyone else have their own song, I think not
Bucks_MacGyver
Sixth Man
And1: 339

Post#814 » by Bucks_MacGyver » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:40 am

I need some bucks rumors.... None from dope woeful
ZeppelinPage
Head Coach
And1: 3,326

Post#815 » by ZeppelinPage » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:43 am

Wouldn't mind Cory Joseph. FA this offseason I believe.
raferfenix
RealGM

Post#816 » by raferfenix » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:03 am

Garden Of Edens wrote:Ok I'm officially on the Trade for Goran Dragic wagon.

Checked in on the Phoenix board to see what's up with Dragic, found some points of interest here:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MikeGavin7/status/546367080640315393[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/IanBegley/status/546397766302584832[/tweet]

Of course there is a big element there of NY media believing everyone wants to come to NY. But Dragic talking up his "options" certainly adds context to reports like the following:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/writer/ken ... ic-dilemma

The Phoenix Suns, who beat the lowly Knicks 99-90 on Saturday, are in a bit of a quagmire with free agent-to-be Goran Dragic, rival executives say. Multiple teams already are inquiring as to what it would take to break up the Suns' three-guard rotation of Dragic, Eric Bledsoe and Isaiah Thomas -- with Dragic, a prospective free agent, garnering the most attention. Coincidentally, executives have gotten the impression that Dragic is the one Phoenix would most like to keep if they do, indeed, decide to make a move.

The West is every bit as tough, if not tougher, this season. The anticipated rise in the salary cap resulting from the NBA's $24 billion TV deal has bolstered Phoenix's hopes of re-signing Dragic, which they fully intend to do, a league source said. But in the meantime, they'll listen to offers as they try to establish his value on the open market and what it will cost to pay him.

The team to watch here is Houston, which has been after Dragic since he left as a free agent in 2012. Dragic can, and will, opt out of his $7.5 million contract for next season.
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,415

Post#817 » by MiltownHawkeye » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:07 am

Noel has more defensive awareness in his pinky toenail than Henson will ever have. That comparison is ridiculous beyond them both being soft as hell inside.

If we don't land Tyus Jones in the draft, I really want to target CoJo or Beverley for the right price.
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
SpursNBucks
Banned User
And1: 113

Post#818 » by SpursNBucks » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:18 am

Dcebucks11 wrote:
Jez2983 wrote:
Dcebucks11 wrote:

Nope I wouldn't.

I agree with everyone else - Noel is a very good defender. Although I think some people might be overrating him a little - and the asking price. Especially with Embiid back next year -along with a potential Okafor. I don't think the Bucks have the ammo to get him - Parker/GA untouchable.

I would easily pay Dragic the $ over Knight.
Dcebucks11
Banned User

Post#819 » by Dcebucks11 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:33 am

MiltownHawkeye wrote:Noel has more defensive awareness in his pinky toenail than Henson will ever have. That comparison is ridiculous beyond them both being soft as hell inside.

If we don't land Tyus Jones in the draft, I really want to target CoJo or Beverley for the right price.

Dcebucks11
Banned User

Post#820 » by Dcebucks11 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:35 am

SpursNBucks wrote:
Dcebucks11 wrote:
Jez2983 wrote:

Nope I wouldn't.

I agree with everyone else - Noel is a very good defender. Although I think some people might be overrating him a little - and the asking price. Especially with Embiid back next year -along with a potential Okafor. I don't think the Bucks have the ammo to get him - Parker/GA untouchable.

I would easily pay Dragic the $ over Knight.

I'm more interested in Pat Bev, he'll be a bit cheaper and younger and fits that 3 and d guard mold.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks